Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures
 
HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Why did I do it

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

Posts : 878
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 53
Location : Buckinghamshire

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 5:29 pm


I’ve bought a couple of uniforms this week , I said they would be my last as I have all I want at the moment .
So why oh why did I buy a captain zargon figure on eBay.. I have no interest in the space figures .
Put on eBay this afternoon there was two minutes to go ..captain zargon £16 ..” that’s cheap”. I thought two minutes later £18 it’s mine ,..
Why did I buy it ..why

_________________
The beatings will continue  until moral improves..

Why did I do it  IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13216
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 46
Location : Birmingham, England

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Who knows?? lol! but we do these crazy things! When I was a kid, my mate Paul had a zargon figure and he hated it! but me and him were big comic fans, and in one particular comic (DC if memory serves me) was a character called G.I.Robot and he turned his zargon figure into that! lol!

Why did I do it  250px-Girobotdcu0
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

Posts : 878
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 53
Location : Buckinghamshire

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Who knows?? lol! but we do these crazy things! When I was a kid, my mate Paul had a zargon figure and he hated it! but me and him were big comic fans, and in one particular comic (DC if memory serves me) was a character called G.I.Robot and he turned his zargon figure into that! lol!

Why did I do it  250px-Girobotdcu0


That’s a good idea ... maybe mine will become a robot para ... I need another ( invincible). One..

_________________
The beatings will continue  until moral improves..

Why did I do it  IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13216
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 46
Location : Birmingham, England

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Fantastic!

and of course Slack used Zargon figures to make a German special forces unit

https://flic.kr/p/WoT2Ko
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
inntruderr61
Moderator
inntruderr61

Posts : 7685
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 58
Location : Pennsylvania USA

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Rustygun wrote:

I’ve bought a couple of uniforms this week , I said they would be my last as I have all I want at the moment .
So why oh why did I buy  a captain zargon figure on eBay.. I have no interest in the space figures .
Put on eBay this afternoon  there was two minutes to go ..captain zargon £16 ..” that’s cheap”. I thought two minutes later £18 it’s mine ,..
Why did I buy it ..why


why oh why... lol!

But be sure to post pics! I'd like to see it cheers

_________________
JIM...  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
Admin
gibri

Posts : 2723
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 64
Location : Mishawaka, Indiana United States

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 pm

Hey, it's an investment...right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Posts : 5075
Join date : 2013-02-08
Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:48 am

Rusty,

It's because you have a Hoarding disorder like me, the space figures will eventually grow on you, they are cool items to own and part of Action Man history.. Thanks for jogging my memory, I know i have a Zargon figure somewhere in my boxes, figures come in then get boxed up and never to be seen again, like today at a boot sale I found another MAM comic in nice nick at 50p, I already have it but just couldn't pass on it, but I did pass on a Dr. X robot (the ice is cracking a bit here) I have too many of them.

clivvers @ Hoarders Anonymous 2018.

_________________
clivvers - saviour of the huMAM race @ MAMageddon 2009 - 2099 @ clivvers MAM Nation:

Why did I do it  36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Prof Gangrene Fan
Moderator
Prof Gangrene Fan

Posts : 6193
Join date : 2012-11-11

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 am

clivvers wrote:
Rusty,

It's because you have a Hoarding disorder like me, the space figures will eventually grow on you, they are cool items to own and part of Action Man history.. Thanks for jogging my memory, I know i have a Zargon figure somewhere in my boxes, figures come in then get boxed up and never to be seen again, like today at a boot sale I found another MAM comic in nice nick at 50p, I already have it but just couldn't pass on it, but I did pass on a Dr. X robot (the ice is cracking a bit here) I have too many of them.

clivvers @ Hoarders Anonymous 2018.

That’s fabulous news to see that you’ve started to go to car boot sales once again Clive. I’m proud of you my swapping buddy.

_________________
It doesn’t matter how big or small your collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunner Munro
Crash Crew
Gunner Munro

Posts : 815
Join date : 2016-06-23
Age : 58
Location : Northwich Cheshire

Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi Dean
I've only been doing this a few months (Ok a couple of years ) and I've found late night e-bay my weak point lol! lol!

Lots of uncontrolled twitching of fingers too near the bid button lol! - My New Years resolution was an e-bay dry jan.. lasted 10 days then cracked Twisted Evil

I do have a Zargon - complete with box and all his gear . I picked him up in a toy shop when they were being discontinued way back before the condition Clive refers too became Chronic lol! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes - He went into the loft .

If I knew then what I know now... there were boxes of them - we could have had a platoon of Slack ZargonPioneers Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Why did I do it  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I do it    Why did I do it  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Why did I do it
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Collections-
Jump to: