ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?

Go down 
+3
clivvers
inntruderr61
Professor Gangrene Fan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 7:27 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
I think this thread which was started by Alex just might hold the record for hi-jacking?
I'm curious about the Professor Gangrene figure: was that an actual Action Man release? Or is he a custom kitbash?

Your curious about the Professor Gangrene figure, well he was a actual Hasbro release in 1996.
Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 C36-E6721-2165-4-E44-B5-FA-8-B059-A20-FD4-Enavigate to gas station near me

French Resistance
somekindajoe

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 pm

affraid ...

..and people call Mong Man ugly!!

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Mongman

lol! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 11:12 pm

It's those long hair-extensions that make him look so distinctive. I think they were going for the stereotypical "mad scientist' look.
Not quite sure of the chronological order but were those bits eliminated or toned down in later versions?

Whilst on the subject of head sculpts, does anyone else think that the Playing Mantis Dr Evil version looks like a mutant lizard?
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 3:32 am

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 3:47 am

lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 am

gibri wrote:
Well, I think Dr. Evil looks like Conrad Veidt....
I had to check, but now that you mention it, ...HE DOES!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 6:34 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Your curious about the Professor Gangrene figure, well he was a actual Hasbro release in 1996.

I looked for Professor Gangrene on eBay! It appears that he may have only been a UK or UK/Australia release, as there were no American sellers.
And the prices! Mint-in-Box Professor Gangrene commands a premium price!

LeStryge wrote:
Whilst on the subject of head sculpts, does anyone else think that the Playing Mantis Dr Evil version looks like a mutant lizard?

Yes, the figure reminds me of a sissy version of the Gorn from Star Trek or a Sleestack from The Land of the Lost.

gibri wrote:
Well, I think Dr. Evil looks like Conrad Veidt....

Oh, you're right! He does! Well, the Round2 version does. The Sleestack version, no so much. This observation will definitely influence the "set design" for Dr. Evil's lair.

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 7:37 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
This observation will definitely influence the "set design" for Dr. Evil's lair.
A "Lair" you reckon?
I couldn't decide whether it should be a lair, a den, a secret laboratory, a castle dungeon, a crypt, a futuristic techno-lab or maybe even a mountain eyrie?

In Bond movies the villain always had a fantastic place from which to attempt to "rule the world".

Still can't decide if it should be all scientific and modernistic,......or old and creepy.
His outfit does sort of suggest a lean towards something space-like? Specially with his interchangeable brains and that "eyeball" machine of his!
Modernistic I think it is!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 5:46 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Still can't decide if it should be all scientific and modernistic,......or old and creepy.
His outfit does sort of suggest a lean towards something space-like?   Specially with his interchangeable brains and that "eyeball" machine of his!
Modernistic I think it is!

My initial plan was for modern minimalistic... oh, cut to the chase, I was gonna copy Professor Gangrene's aluminum foil lined box and call it good! I could finish that in ten minutes*.

But now, with the Conrad Veidt thing, there's going to have to be a strong German Expressionism element.

*I've never finished a scale figure project in ten minutes in my life; 'ten minutes' in this case would probably translate in to two or three days.

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 5:58 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

But now, with the Conrad Veidt thing, there's going to have to be a strong German Expressionism element.

lol!  lol!  lol!

....and in another thread Hi-jack attempt I'd just like to mention that now days, in comic collecting circles anyway, Conrad Veidt is best remembered as the inspiration for another famous bad guy....Batman's Joker!!

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Joker

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 7:11 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
....and in another thread Hi-jack attempt I'd just like to mention that now days, in comic collecting circles anyway, Conrad Veidt is best remembered as the inspiration for another famous bad guy....Batman's Joker!!

Yes, and apparently the inspiration has been corroborated by 'Batman' creator Bob Kane himself.

Whereas, among classic film aficionados, Veidt is usually remembered as having portrayed Major Strasser in the film, Casablanca.

As for Professor Gangrene, he reminds me of Professor Pat Pending from The Wacky Races.

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 9:29 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

Yes, and apparently the inspiration has been corroborated by 'Batman' creator Bob Kane himself.

Bob Kane was a hack. Bill Finger created Batman.

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Kane

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 4:22 am

somekindajoe wrote:
Bob Kane was a hack. Bill Finger created Batman.

Razz And according to the article linked to above, Bob Kane credited Bill Finger for the Conrad Veidt suggestion!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 6:45 am

With Bob Kane it was too much a case of too little, too late as far as sharing any credit with Bill Finger went. Although I appreciate remembering who had what idea inevitably gets very blurred when people are creating something. The Stan Lee/Jack/Kirby/Steve Ditko Marvel comics controversy is probably the most written about although plenty of Trekkies will argue that Gene L Coon added more to Star Trek than Gene Roddenberry did.

Personally I'd love to blame my cousin for my Action Men being named after Cliff Richard and the shadows! We definitely named Bruce together but I have to admit he wasn't even there for Cliff or Hank, That was all my own work!lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 7:17 am

somekindajoe wrote:
... but I have to admit he wasn't even there for Cliff or Hank, That was all my own work!

Cliff Richard... Hank Marvin... I had not even come close to making that connection! Too cool!

Shadows are Go!, a "greatest hits" compilation CD of The Shadows ('60-'66), is one of my favorite albums! (It's highly regarded even by vinyl purists for its clean, authentic sound, too.)

Yes, this topic is most definitely leaving the rails at this point!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 5:41 pm

You missed the in joke Bruce made at Cliff's expense a few weeks back then!

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 66650126-2243168175738577-6128794614859038720-n

lol!  lol!  lol!

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Ahhh... so that's what that was about! I knew it was some kind of reference I wasn't quite catching on to! Well played!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 9:37 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

Cliff Richard... Hank Marvin... I had not even come close to making that connection! Too cool!

!

In a vain attempt to save even the smallest shred of street cred SKJ's finest, Major Joseph Conteky would like to point out that he is in no way connected too, or a victim of, the Cliff Richard and the Shadows naming convention that plagued the HQ in the early 1970's. Shocked

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 DSCF5930

Joe was my third VAM but my first fuzz-head and first I decided to name. I received a SOTC Russian uniform for the same birthday so Joe was named after the only Russian I could think of...Joseph Stalin. Looking for a suitable Slavic surname I was going to call him Kowalski after a character in one of my favourite TV shows of the time, Voyage to the bottom of the sea. However we were learning about Thor Heyerdahl's 1947 Kon-Tiki expedition in school at the time and I thought the name sounded cool.

So Joe's name is an Anglicize version of a name I heard at school and any connection/similarity to a Shadows hit from 1962 is purely coincidental!! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 3:00 am

somekindajoe wrote:
...and any connection/similarity to a Shadows hit from 1962 is purely coincidental!!

It just gets deeper and more arcane, doesn't it! Razz

Joseph Stalin? Rolling Eyes Not Illya Kuryakin, the coolest "Russian" of all time?

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 4:04 am

lol! lol! lol!

Great stuff! Very Happy

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 4:22 am

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 July31
Dr. Evil doing, y'know, evil stuff

Doc has a low tolerance for meddling kids.

(That's the Playing Mantis version of Dr. Evil, and one of the new Mattel Wild Hearts Crew figures he caught snooping around his laboratory.)

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 8:09 am

Great pics guys cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:49 am

As the first step in Dr. Evil's (latest) plan for world domination – BAAAAAH Haaa haaa haaa haaaaa...! – he is going to begin by  dominating this forum topic!

Twisted Evil   Twisted Evil   Twisted Evil   Twisted Evil   Twisted Evil

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil1

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil2

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil3

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil4

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil5

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil6

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil7

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil8

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil9

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil10

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil11

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil12

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil13

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Monevil14

THE CAST:
Doctor Evil: Playing Mantis Captain Action Dr. Evil figure
Cousin Monday: Sekiguchi Momoko Quietude Dedication figure
Kenna Roswell: Mattel Wild Hearts Crew Kenna Roswell figure

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 4:13 am

Great job SCU_HQ! cheers

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 4:48 am

lol! lol! lol!

Great stuff, Dave, I really enjoyed it and learned some new architectural terminology...

Beautifully done!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?   Don’t you think the Dr Evil head  sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don’t you think the Dr Evil head sculpt looks like Gangrene head sculpt ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next