Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Found this blast from the past today...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Found this blast from the past today... Empty
PostSubject: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 8:44 pm

While visiting my uncle who lives in my old homestead today I decided to go through cedar chest and other areas of the house again...You see my uncle is a hoarder so when he moved into my grandparents house back in 1987 he left all contents intact and untouched...
I have searched and found my childhood Gijoe items in the past... Very Happy  But I was focused only on Gijoe at the time so alot of my other childhood items were overlooked..

Anyhow I found my old Fright Factory set! And the outside box is still in great condition, inside box not so much though... Laughing  

I can remember in the later 1960's my grandma would make me Shrunken Heads and the such!
Some Shrunken heads and other stuff still remain in the box! cheers cheers cheers Some items melted together though so they are kind of in a melted glob...

Not sure if anyone else remembers this set or not....But great memories for me... lol!

Found this blast from the past today... 209_0817
Found this blast from the past today... 209_0815
Found this blast from the past today... 209_0816

somekindajoe
Russian Infantry
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 10:12 pm

A blast from the past indeed Jim!

I don't think they sold those sets here in the UK but I remember the ads on the back covers of comics in the 60's.

Found this blast from the past today... Thing

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 10:55 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
A blast from the past indeed Jim!

I don't think they sold those sets here in the UK but I remember the ads on the back covers of comics in the 60's.

Found this blast from the past today... Thing

Cool ads Steve! cheers
Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:20 pm

That's fantastic Jim! How cool to have something else from your childhood.

Ah, those classic ads from the comics..... Great pic Steve cheers

Found this blast from the past today... Volgan10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:28 pm

What a find Jim! another great addition from your childhood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:01 am

Nice one Jim, I vaguely remember something similar to that molding set over this side of the pond back in the day.

Ideal's Battling Tops is a fave classic toy of mine Very Happy

Found this blast from the past today... 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Beatlefan wrote:
That's fantastic Jim! How cool to have something else from your childhood.

Ah, those classic ads from the comics..... Great pic Steve cheers

Thanks Beatlefan!

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
What a find Jim! another great addition from your childhood!

Thanks Dal!

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:10 pm

clivvers wrote:
Nice one Jim, I vaguely remember something similar to that molding set over this side of the pond back in the day.

Ideal's Battling Tops is a fave classic toy of mine Very Happy

Cool on the tops and thanks Clivves!

Jet-
Breeches Buoy
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Wow cool idea bounce , I would have loved this as a youngster.
Mind you it wouldn't confirm to health and safety nowadays lol!

Nice find on the ad Steve bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Jet- wrote:

Health and safety were always checking on the building site where I used to work back in the mid 1980's, probably because I was working there LOL!. Edible moldings would be a safe idea, something like shrunken heads and creepy crawly cakes for Halloween, that would be a good idea Cool

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Jet- wrote:

lol! No it wouldn't confirm to health and safety these days... Laughing

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:39 pm

clivvers wrote:
Jet- wrote:

Health and safety were always checking on the building site where I used to work back in the mid 1980's, probably because I was working there LOL!. Edible moldings would be a safe idea, something like shrunken heads and creepy crawly cakes for Halloween, that would be a good idea Cool  

lol! Clivves...

Here is a modern Fright Factory set...
This video explains it...Safety first... Laughing

clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Interesting find Jim,

I reckon the creepy crawlies don't need that light contraption as it appears they dry/set on their own, I suppose it's a added fun item whith a crank weel that can be turned lol!

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 5:46 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Not sure if anyone else remembers this set or not....But great memories for me... lol!
Found this blast from the past today... 209_0817

Well I'd kill for that space capsule!

SCU_HQ
Action Soldier
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 6:59 am

My BEST BIRTHDAY EVER was the one where I received a Mattel "Creepy Crawlers" Thingmaker as a gift. Following Christmases and birthdays I received Fright Factory, Fun Dragons, and Picadoos, and some additional metal molds (skeletons), and of course, additional Plasti-goop, including glow in the dark!

My brother was saying to me just a couple of weeks ago, "you know, we grew up in the era of the best toys ever made!"

LeStryge
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 7:42 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
My brother was saying to me just a couple of weeks ago, "you know, we grew up in the era of the best toys ever made!"
Do kids these days actually get "toys", ...as in tangible objects?
They seem to spend all their time with devices in a virtual world far from reality.
I remember when we had imagination and the skills to make things from blocks of wood, or anything else that was lying around.
Most of the manufactured toys we cherished as kids and were thrilled to finally receive seem to leave modern youngsters cold.
Yet they will stare at a screen for hours on end.

SCU_HQ
Action Soldier
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 6:34 pm

LeStryge wrote:

Do kids these days actually get "toys", ...as in tangible objects?
They seem to spend all their time with devices in a virtual world far from reality.

When I was teaching elementary (primary) school, I noticed that many kids do not know how to play with toys. There is an interesting "developmental psychology" aspect to play, starting with infants who chew on or throw their toys, and developing over a period of years into more complex, imagination-intensive play with action figures and dolls and toy cars and miniature animals and such. I noticed that nine and ten year old kids with whom I was working tended to play like three year olds, hitting each other with toys and ultimately, without fail, throwing the toys around. Toy cars, little figures, it was all the same.

Another unfortunate effect is that kids do not understand the basic laws of physics, like gravity, that we used to learn by playing with building blocks and similar toys. Sure, they can build things on a screen while playing Minecraft, but they can't stack up blocks to make a tower.

Both gross and fine motor skills are developed by playing with toys. Imagination is developed by playing with toys. Socialization skills are developed by playing with toys. Unstructured, physical play is essential, I feel, for healthy mental and physical development.

Today, activities are structured - dance classes, soccer leagues, and even "play dates" rather than just playing with the kids in the neighborhood. Kids don't have an opportunity to learn to fill their own time while creating and learning.

So what if you burn your fingers on the Fright Factory oven? That's part of the learning! (I learned that lesson a lot! Embarassed )

I think the long-term ramifications of an over-coddled, screen-based childhood are going to be... not good.

LeStryge
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 11:02 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
When I was teaching elementary (primary) school, I noticed that many kids do not know how to play with toys.
From my own observations I must agree. Childhood toys have an immensely long history. Dolls and what undoubtedly have to be "action figures" have been found in ancient Egyptian tombs and even prehistoric burials.
What unnerves me is as you say. Today's kids simply do not react or appear to enjoy a toy as we all did.

SCU_HQ wrote:
So what if you burn your fingers on the Fright Factory oven? That's part of the learning!
Or skinned your knee falling over, ...or fell out of a tree you decided to climb, or crashed your billycart going down some steep hill ?
Over-protective parents and an increasingly litigious society have now "cotton-wooled" kids to where they cannot actually do any of those formative things kids should do as part of growing up. From birth babies are now so sanitised and disinfected that they develop no immune systems, and are riddled with allergies, whereas we played in the dirt as part of childhood.
SCU_HQ wrote:
I think the long-term ramifications of an over-coddled, screen-based childhood are going to be... not good.
"Screens" of one form or another have now become the new "baby-sitter". Sad....sad ...sad!
The concept of having a childhood seems to now have been replaced with children becoming little adults.

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 2:04 am

Found this blast from the past today... B28

Play like an Egyptian...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeStryge
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 2:54 am

gibri wrote:
Play like an Egyptian... cheers cheers cheers
Excellent gibri.
Even such things as articulation that we modern day G.I. Joe/Action Man fans find so essential was already common back in ancient times.

Found this blast from the past today... QTpRww

Check just how many points of articulation! Many more than some modern figures!

Found this blast from the past today... Pr6YJs

Found this blast from the past today... QD8aB0
And those Egyptians sure knew how to do dioramas!

Found this blast from the past today... IJekFM

And model soldiers?
Check out this troop of G. I. Egyptians!  farao

Found this blast from the past today... 1cn44z

Found this blast from the past today... MsJRUc

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed May 29, 2019 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 4:34 am

Great pics!

and they did it all without plastic... affraid affraid affraid

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunner Munro
Breeches Buoy
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 7:57 pm

gibri wrote:
Great pics!

and they did it all without plastic... affraid affraid affraid

cheers cheers cheers

Brilliant thread and discussion guys - Jim this might be a "back to the Future" Moment what with all the Climate change awareness going on Shocked

I agree with the kids and play. I'm lucky to have there Grandkids all under 3 - when we do the Grandparents day care routine - we rarely put the TV on . So we do loads of things -building/knocking things down-making up stories -its brilliant ( but knackering at the same time !lol! ) Anyway as a result Ezra my eldest is an Avid action figure fan - I've given him a few MAM to get him started and now he is well into them . His favourite thing is to come top to the new HQ and chose one or two figures and I get to choose two and then we are off- usually dragging them around the Garden in a couple of vehicles cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reddragon
Crash Crew
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 9:49 pm

How will kids these days build anything when they are older, interested only in phones and tablets and it is very sad. I made Guto to entertain my grandkids but they got frightened of him for some reason. all ended well though as he is hanging in my hobby room and it keeps them out Very Happy . the other puppet i made for my daughter she has the same strange taste as myself i think Very Happy . Lots of articulation and no plastic Twisted Evil Maybe I  should have had a phone when i was young lmao

Found this blast from the past today... GUTO

Found this blast from the past today... Mildred1

View user profile
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 11:23 pm

Wow, those kind of scare me too. affraid

Great idea... Twisted Evil

Definitely have The Outer Limits vibe going there.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found this blast from the past today...   Found this blast from the past today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found this blast from the past today...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next