Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Action Man Movie Announced!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcast
New Recruit

PostSubject: Action Man Movie Announced!    Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:18 am

No kidding. This was posted on Deadline:

Quote :
EXCLUSIVE: Action Man, Britain’s answer to G.I. Joe, is getting his movie closeup. Paramount Players is developing a film based on the Hasbro military figure doll set, and Brian Robbins’ division has just set James Bobin to direct it. Paddington 2‘s Simon Farnaby will write the script, and Hasbro is producing.
Shocked

The link to the rest of the article is here:

James Bobin To Direct ‘Action Man’ For Paramount Players, Based On Hasbro Toy

That's all the info available at this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Movie Announced!    Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:42 am

Good find jcast,

I'm not suprised, there's been talk about this for at least 4/5 years now, I remember mentioning it here on AMMO some years back, but there was no more to be heard of the film and all was forgotten about until now. This possibly means Hasbro will relaunch the Action Man/MAM toy line again and based on the new film, probably with altered MAM molding tools, or a completely new design based on DID bodywork? MAM fans should rejoice, this is the best news we've heard so far in 2018..

So expect the Action Man head sculpt to look like the actor on the left, let's hope he has a shave, dyes his hair black, and gets fit before going to the Hasbro toy design studio  lol!

Welcome back Action MAM! cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Movie Announced!    Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Cool find Jcast! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterodgers
Medic

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Movie Announced!    Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Could there be a new line of figures to go with the movie?!

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Movie Announced!    Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:53 pm

I wonder if they going to do it from a VAM point of view or a mam point of view which if they did it from a mam point of view they MUST include Dr. X and the Council of Doom. I’m not a big fan of movies that are based around a toy because I think a child’s toy should be left to the imagination of the child or big kid and not based around the movie if that all makes sense.

clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Movie Announced!    Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:01 pm

peterodgers wrote:
Could there be a new line of figures to go with the movie?!

Pete,

I strongly think there will be a new line released to coinside with the new film, or the orginal toy line released again, some items will probably have their molding tools slightly altered.. Another possibilitiy are new head sculpts and bodies?.. this should then please all Action Man fans (VAMsters and MAMsters both alike) the only problem will be trying to get your hands on some of the new sets, because hoards of youngsters will be first in the que at Argos LOL!

clivvers wrote:
Good find jcast,

I'm not suprised, there's been talk about this for at least 4/5 years now, I remember mentioning it here on AMMO some years back, but there was no more to be heard of the film and all was forgotten about until now. This possibly means Hasbro will relaunch the Action Man/MAM toy line again and based on the new film, probably with altered MAM molding tools, or a completely new design based on DID bodywork? MAM fans should rejoice, this is the best news we've heard so far in 2018..

So expect the Action Man head sculpt to look like the actor on the left, let's hope he has a shave, dyes his hair black, and gets fit before going to the Hasbro toy design studio  lol!

Welcome back Action MAM!  cheers  

Ackie,

ACKIE88 wrote:
I wonder if they going to do it from a VAM point of view or a mam point of view which if they did it from a mam point of view they MUST include Dr. X and the Council of Doom. I’m not a big fan of movies that are based around a toy because I think a child’s toy should be left to the imagination of the child or big kid and not based around the movie if that all makes sense.

You make perfect sense Ackie, it would be brilliant if Hasbro re-run it's original MAM toy line, but with new exciting colours and outfits. There's no doubt Dr. X and The Council of Doom will be in the movie, because Hasbro have had success with the Marvel/DC/Star Wars fanchise and both universes are very similar in style, plus they only have to look at how popular the original MAM toy line was, it lasted 13+ years, so they will follow what it knows best. There's a whole new fresh up and coming fanbase waiting to be captured with the new film and figures Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Movie Announced!    

Back to top Go down

Action Man Movie Announced!
Page 1 of 1