ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Intercepted

Go down 
+3
gibri
Wolf_Soldier64
BAMComix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 am

I shared this over on HQ  and it seemed to be a common senario amongst collectors..
So thought I’d tell you all..
Settle down children and I’ll begin.. lol!

Got in from work excited , I was waiting for the Lone Ranger and silver. To arrive
No package , no wife ..
Made myself a cup of tea and went up to my office to do some paperwork.
Open the office door ...package is on my desk.. Shocked
Bollocks...!!   She’s seen it... momentarily putting aside what story I’m going to tell her  I eagerly set up LR and his faithful friend.
The phone goes ..work...I talk to them , hang up the phone , I hear the front door open ..”. shit “ I haven’t even rehearsed my story .., could it be disguised as being a book ? , something for work..?  Haven’t even thought how much I’m going to take off the price I paid for it..
She’s walking up the stairs ,  i scrabble around to hide the boxes..ie ( boxes make them look more expensive)
She’s in the room ..”hi “ I say,  the first words out of her mouth are “ what was in that box”...
I didn’t have time to hide LR and Silver.  So there they are on display, I point to them .. “ a bloody horse “  ( great , she thinks I already had the Lone Ranger). RESULT....
Then the words come out all of us collectors dont want to hear  “ how much was that”    as I said I didn’t have time to come up with a price she might believe,  before I can say anything she says  “ that looks expensive”.
I think ...she thinks it looks expensive ....can’t go too low..  in a split second a million  things run through my mind..
She thinks it’s just a horse ....GOOD
I can’t say it was a book .....BAD
Can’t tell her it was £90 ...BAD
I think about telling her she looks pretty....BAD.  ...she knows that’s not true. affraid

£30 ...... I look at her ...she looks at me....tuts ...”. That’s not bad is it “.  Quite good....  I go into a speal about having it as a kid ..blah. Blah blah.......  she’s fallen for it
She says ...your not buying any more toys are you , remember we’re going away next month ...”no darling”  ( except for the two gi joes I have on order).  
I sit in my office pleased with my self on my treachery..
Later that night we’re watching tv , my phone is on the table by my wife, it , makes that message noise ,   I say have a look and see who that was ,  she picks it up and says ...is not a message ,  it’s an email......confirmation....”
“ what’s a G.I. Joe “
BOLLOCKS.......

There is a moral to this story ....... but I’m buggerd if I know what it is... lol!

Last edited by Rustygun on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 am

lol! lol! lol! @ Dean! oh Dean, we have all been there! I am sure the guys here will have some great tips on how to get away with things! Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 10:43 am

superb Dean enjoyed reading, but all of us have been there... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Admin
gibri

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Too true Dean!!!

"What's in the box?"

lol! lol! lol!

Next one better be something for her.

Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Classic and all too familiar story mate lol!

Partners just don't understand, we've all heard the classic comments - "haven't you got one of those already?" "where's that going to go, you can't move in that room as it is!" "why don't you sell some of the ones you don't look at anymore?" affraid

Or in SKJ's case - "he hasn't even been up in his loft room since he got those dollies" lol!

The other classic scenario is when a "while you were out" card is on the doormat when you get home - "are you expecting a parcel? What have you ordered now?"

Intercepted Volgan10
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 3:43 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Been there and can relate... lol!

Funny! lol!

Sadly I have no advice...Nothing seems to soften the blows.... lol!

Mountaineer
Rustygun

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 6:59 am

Beatlefan wrote:
Classic and all too familiar story mate lol!

Partners just don't understand, we've all heard the classic comments - "haven't you got one of those already?" "where's that going to go, you can't move in that room as it is!" "why don't you sell some of the ones you don't look at anymore?" affraid

Or in SKJ's case - "he hasn't even been up in his loft room since he got those dollies" lol!

The other classic scenario is when a "while you were out" card is on the doormat when you get home - "are you expecting a parcel? What have you ordered now?"

Ha ha ....I think these are all common phrases to us collectors..

But my favorite has to be.. “he hasent even been up in his loft room since he got those dollies “. lol!

Admin
gibri

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:54 pm

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:32 pm

lol!

My breakthrough came yesterday when my wife came home with a Gijoe
from a second hand store... And for only paying $1 she came home with over $100 worth of Joe stuff...
Gee if I could only do that... lol!

Mountaineer
Rustygun

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
lol!

My breakthrough came yesterday when my wife came home with a Gijoe
from a second hand store... And for only paying $1 she came home with over $100 worth of Joe stuff...
Gee if I could only do that... lol!

I saw that ,.you were a lucky man , I left you a message on the post , asking how you managed to train the wife into buying you G.I. Joe stuff..
If my wife had seen some action man stuff some where ..she would have thought ...” oh look there’s more of that crap”... and walked on lol!

Admin
BAMComix

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 4:04 pm

lol! @ Dean! they just don't get it do they? geek
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
lol! @ Dean! they just don't get it do they? geek

lol! no they don’t ..stupid women .... ( don’t tell her I said that ) ...

inntruderr61

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 pm

My wife does not like Gijoes either but she does love a good bargain.... lol!
And I guess I'm worth blowing a buck ($1) on... lol!
I feel blessed.... I think.... scratch scratch scratch

lol! lol! lol!

Admin
gibri

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Congratulations Jim, you are worth one dollar.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 9:57 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 7:14 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
My wife does not like Gijoes either but she does love a good bargain.... lol!
And I guess I'm worth blowing a buck ($1) on...  lol!
I feel blessed.... I think....  scratch  scratch  scratch

lol!  lol!  lol!

lol! I’m sure your worth a dollar mate. lol!

Intercepted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intercepted   Intercepted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intercepted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Comics & Photo Stories :: 1/6 Scale Comics & Stories-
Jump to: