ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mam going around America and UK HQs.

Go down 
+4
somekindajoe
gibri
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Empty
PostSubject: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 5:46 pm

I would like to send a Mam around to as meany of our American members as possible ending back though some uk members before he heads back home to me. So out of the American members who would be interested in having a Mam visiting you, then who of the UK members who would be interested in having a Mam visiting you. Please type your username and were about are you.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:10 pm

I know I'm a "new guy" here, with no history on this forum by which to judge reliability, but I'm always up for hosting traveling action figures.

Here are some pics on Flickr from when I was living in Hawaii and hosted a traveling Pinky Street doll:

Well... okay... that didn't work. I guess the forum doesn't allow links. Embarassed So, on Flickr, search for the album: "Mima in Hawaii"

Sorry, Hawaii would be epic, but sadly, I'm not there anymore. Now I'm in south-central Utah, USA, near Bryce Canyon National Park. Here are some pics from another traveling Pinky figure who visited Utah:

Another link that doesn't work, even when using the link tool in the menu bar. Embarassed Am I doing something wrong? On Flickr, "Karrah in Utah"

I am aware of the importance of adhering to a reasonable timeline when hosting traveling figures, and that there are expenses involved with shipping.

So you're welcome to keep me in mind as this project develops, and by the time it gets off the ground I hope to have developed a more reliable presence on A.M.M.O.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:14 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
test

What you mean by test?

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:32 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
test

What you mean by test?

I updated the post. I was trying to include a link, and it wouldn't work, so I was trying some test posts to figure out if I was doing something incorrectly. Apparently the forum settings do not allow links in posts. For anti-spam purposes, I imagine.

I have since edited the post to say what I had planned to say... without the links! Embarassed

I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit for clarity)
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:39 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
ACKIE88 wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
test

What you mean by test?

I updated the post. I was trying to include a link, and it wouldn't work, so I was trying some test posts to figure out if I was doing something incorrectly. Apparently the forum settings do not allow links in posts. For anti-spam purposes, I imagine.

I have since edited the post to say what I had planned to say... without the links! Embarassed

I apologize for the confusion.

I believe there could be a waiting period of seven days?, should be okay then cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:

I believe there could be a waiting period of seven days?, should be okay then.

Cool, thanx!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:57 pm

I would be interested in hosting your MAM figure Alex!

You should have a time limit on how long each person has your MAM figure
like 2 weeks or so after package is received...But that's up to you...

Each person should be contacted and told the MAM is on it's way to them
because I seen cases where a person received the package hid it from wife
thinking it was something they ordered and it was forgotten about...lol

Shipping should be tracked so less likely to get lost....

Just things to think about Alex...

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Send you MAM to me at SKJ HQ Alex! Twisted Evil

He can stay in the same cell...ops I mean 'room' as my Mike Power! lol!

It'll be great! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Yeah I'm definitely up for this.. I'm in Bedfordshire

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 3:04 am

I'm up for this, also...sign me up, Alex... Cool
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 7:59 pm

I’m going to add PBFresh because Razz says he'd be interested in doing it.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 pm

I pm-ed you my address Alex in case you need it....

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Yes, I am in! I will get the figure from Razz and return it to him when I am done, so no extra work needs to be done.
Glad to participate!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 2:30 pm

We’ve got all the members who want to take part so what’s the next step to move this forward?

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
We’ve got all the members who want to take part so what’s the next step to move this forward?

Maybe send it to USA members first then the last USA member can send it back to UK...

OR have it tour UK first then last UK member send it to USA for its tour then last
USA member can send back to you...

Something like that... lol!

I'll be sending it by tracked mail to the next person and I'll make sure I contact the person
telling them its on its way to them...(providing them with the tracking number)...

I have seen it done twice successfully by using these methods...

Maybe place a time limit on how long each person should have the Mam...Up to you Alex!

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 11:50 pm

Yes, like Jim said, figure out USA or UK first, then plan a logical route. This is ONLY an example but there is no point in sending him to a member in New York, then to maybe California and then back to New York...but, that's an obvious thing. Also, keep in mind that I live very close to PBFresh so your MAM will not be shipped to him, I'll drive it to his house...then I'll ship it off to the next person...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 1:23 am

Change of plans...PBFresh is out of it...long story, doesn't matter...
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 5:01 am

Hey! New Guy here.

I'm not sure if you want to include me in this round of figure travels, but here is a rough outline of some of the the "guidelines" for traveling figure projects in which I've previously participated.

1. Organizer makes a list of participants, organized by country.
2. Usually, the country of origin is either first or last on the list.
3. Every participant sends mailing address and contact info (telephone, email) to the organizer of the event.
5. As noted in earlier posts, figures are sent to every participant within a single country before being sent out of country. International shipping is expensive!
6. Participants are provided with the contact information (email, usually) of the hosts preceding and following them on the list.
7. Organizer provides each host with the name and mailing address of the person following them in the rotation.
8. Organizer solicits volunteers to be the "international shipper" from each country; because international shipping can be expensive, it is unfair to simply assign somebody to ship internationally without notice.
9. Time limit: unsuccessful travels in which I've participated had no time limit. Successful traveling toy events have had a limit of 10 to 14 days "in possession." Fourteen days works well because sometimes things happen or weather does not cooperate or work schedules change. Longer than 14 days and people tend to "forget" they're hosting a figure.
10. A single topic on the forum is created in which all the photos from the adventure are shared.
11. Hosts post a message when the figure is received and a message when the figure is sent off again, and the destination.
12. Figure is always mailed with tracking.

Hope this helps. - Dave

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 11:10 am

Sounds like a great project Alex,
Sign me up for the UK leg of the journey
cheers
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Here is the potential running order of the trip.

Razz New York

inntruderr61 Pennsylvania USA

SCU_HQ Utah

somekindajoe London

Rogue-Trooper Bedfordshire

Gunner Munro Northwich Cheshire

What do you guys think?

Last edited by ACKIE88 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 10:18 pm

I’ve changed Very Happy.

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 10:26 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
Here is the potential running order of the trip.

Razz New York

inntruderr61 Pennsylvania USA

SCU_HQ Utah

somekindajoe London

Rogue-Trooper Bedfordshire

Gunner Munro Northwich Cheshire

What do you guys think?

looks good to me- Very Happy some great rules from Dave cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 10:45 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
I’ve changed Very Happy.

Ok looks good Alex! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 12:25 am

So I assume we are going by Dave's suggestions? They do make sense to me...but it's Al's decision...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 12:35 am

Now that I can post photos, I would like to participate again. I can get the figure from Razz and send him back the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mam going around America and UK HQs.    Mam going around America and UK HQs.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mam going around America and UK HQs.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next