Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gideon
Eagle Eyes
gideon

To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Empty
PostSubject: To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories   To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 1:48 pm

To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Img_2087

It's these bad boys I'm after. Specifically the tree/log and a couple of tyres (tires)!
I've found a log and single tyre on ebay price not too bad but postage is ebay silly.

Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories   To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Wow never seen these before! They were never released for VAM and I don't think GI Joe had 'em either.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Joe90
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories   To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 12:14 am

Gideon is correct: these pieces were part of the AT Training Tower.

Check out Plaid Stallions for a picture:

Photo credit: Plaidstallions.com

Or Vintage 3D Joes
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories   To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 6:32 am

I wonder why Action man missed out on these?

I had my doubts about these items as the tree trunk looked like something Hasbro had found in some other toy manufacturer's back catalogue like the spider in the 'Skydive to Danger' set.

http://plaidstallions.blogspot.co.uk/2007/02/gi-joe-vs-spider.html

To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Thumbnail

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
gideon
Eagle Eyes
gideon

PostSubject: Re: To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories   To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 9:24 am

The joe training tower had a few extra accessories such as
A new rifle rack
Medical box
Targets with card inserts
Logs
Barrels
Barbed wire
Half tyres

From what I can tell only AT germany released a few if these, seen in the blister. I haven't seen any other items except the snake. ( or was that another set!?)
They are hard to find in Germany as few bought them and they are not recognised as AM stuff so get lost or forgotten hence me turning to the States!
The carded AT is almost £60 on ebay!
I found a seller on ebay ex Brit living in states managed to get 2 logs 2 tyres and 4 targets for about £12 so am happy!

SCRAMBLE PILOT
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories   To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 1:21 am

somekindajoe wrote:
I had my doubts about these items as the tree trunk looked like something Hasbro had found in some other toy manufacturer's back catalogue like the spider in the 'Skydive to Danger' set.

That's probably an accurate assessment... Very Happy

Check out this link: Cotswold Collectibles...  

They've got loose Training Tower pieces and their shipping prices are reasonable.  Might as well pick up some of their figures, they're the highest quality vintage style bodies on the market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories   To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To joes in the colonies: looking for training tower accessories
Page 1 of 1