ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible reason for the weird fit of things?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Possible reason for the weird fit of things? Empty
PostSubject: Possible reason for the weird fit of things?   Possible reason for the weird fit of things? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 1:31 am

From The Trenches:

GI Defender wrote:
Joe as we know him is most likely dead. I think once the Club closes it's doors we won't see much in the lines of an "official" 12" GI Joe product that we are wanting to hang our hats on. Unless you are into 5 points of articulation. The 3 3/4 figures will most likely only be tied into movie merchandising at this point. Really hard to say since there is so little word out there.

Brian told me the black and white figures are the last of his run and that the tools (molds) no longer exist. Pretty sure the licensing deal he had with Hasbro is similar to what Linda Lum had with Dreams and Visions. Meaning, once the contracted amount has been met, the molds are destroyed to prevent folks from making unlicensed versions. Hasbro does have Hascon now where all their toy brands are represented in a single annual show. Last year was the first, but I know little about it since it did not interest me all that much.

Fortunately, we still have Cotswold, and customizers out there who are well aware of the market and know the target audience.

Make special note of the first sentence of the second paragraph.

Since the Club's first time to die was in 2016, it's possible that they broke their molds, in compliance with their license/contract. So for the Arcane Adventurer, and the B&W Joes, they've been using a set of molds provided by Hasbro, the same ones used on VAM50.

Plausible?

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

Last edited by ActionYankee on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Possible reason for the weird fit of things?   Possible reason for the weird fit of things? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 2:43 am

very possible ay...

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Possible reason for the weird fit of things?   Possible reason for the weird fit of things? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 8:44 am

Well people have been saying this B&W Joe doesn't stand or pose well which is very '50th' so yes, it is plausible.
The 50th's abysmal headsculpt is all A&S' fault just like their Bobby Moore!lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible reason for the weird fit of things?   Possible reason for the weird fit of things? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible reason for the weird fit of things?
Page 1 of 1