ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Empty
PostSubject: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:23 am

Hi Gang, It appears that postimage has gone down, or gone west or whatever excuse they can come up with Suspect . After the photofuckit fiasco I thought our troubles were solved, postimage seemed like the answer, but it appears it isn't!
I strongly urge all users to make the change to flickr, its easy to use once you get used to it and its free, they even give you a free 1TB of space cheers . I have been using flickr now for the longest time, and it is by far the most reliable photo host out there.

Please make the change bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 am

Till they join in the game! Sad photobucket last week, postimage today, next week???
Hopefully they won’t

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am

Sparklebudgie wrote:
Till they join in the game! Sad  photobucket last week, postimage today, next week???
Hopefully they won’t

i can only go by experience, I have been with flickr for four years and not had an issue as of yet cheers . So hopefully they won't cheers
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Sparklebudgie wrote:
Till they join in the game! Sad  photobucket last week, postimage today, next week???
Hopefully they won’t

i can only go by experience, I have been with flickr for four years and not had an issue as of yet cheers . So hopefully they won't cheers

Hopefully they won’t

I had nearly ten years trouble free with Photobucket till they pulled the plug.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 1:53 pm

I've used Flickr for a long time. The site has had its ups and downs. Hard to say what the long-term outlook is considering Flickr was recently included in the purchase of Yahoo assets by Verizon. But for now it seems to be working well.

Another cost-effective solution is 23HQ.com, a small European-based photo hosting site. There's not a lot of activity there as far as online interaction, but it's a simple, solid, and affordable (with a "Free" option) platform for photo hosting.

Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 5:44 pm

I didn’t realise I already had a Flickr account from years ago ...and I’ve never used it...
Great news ..
Bad news ,...don’t know what the hell im Doing on it ....and cant seem to find a link to put photos on forum...?

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Rustygun wrote:
I didn’t realise I already had a Flickr account from years ago ...and I’ve never used it...
Great news ..
Bad news ,...don’t know what the hell im  Doing on it ....and cant seem to find a link to put photos on forum...?

To the lower right of your photo, there are four icons. Click the one that looks like a curved arrow. That's the "share" icon.

In the box that appears, select "BBCode"

Select size: MEDIUM (640 x ...)

Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Flickr_sharing_code

Copy the code that appears in the box.

Paste the code into your post here on the forum.

Code:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/HY43c3][img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/795/27544943968_7595990eec_z.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/HY43c3]12 April– A Doll A Day 2018[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/puuikibeach/]davidd[/url], on Flickr

The photo will look like this:

If you want to get rid of the extraneous text, carefully delete everything that appears before the first [ img ] tag and everything that follows the closing [ /img ] tag, like so:

Code:
[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/795/27544943968_7595990eec_z.jpg[/img]

Then you will get this:

Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  27544943968_7595990eec_z

The process seems fussy and convoluted the first couple of times you try it. After that, you'll get the hang of it!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 4:21 am

lol! you beat me too it! Well done that man sunny
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 am

Oh yeah SCU_HQ well and truly beat you too it oh yeah!

PostSubject: Re: Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr    Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photo Host - Make the change to Flickr
Page 1 of 1