ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP

Go down 
+3
inntruderr61
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Empty
PostSubject: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Just a couple of shots. Much work to do yet!
Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Img_5916
Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Img_5917
Each of the front sections will become and interchangeable command cockpit that will work with the spaceship frame or the ground rover chassis.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Wow! It looks excellent so far! looking forward too seeing its progress bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:28 pm

I’m really liking these set of pictures showing the beginnings of kitbashing Space Marines drop ship. Really looking forward to seeing more pictures as the Space Marines drop ship takes shape.

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks guy!
One of the Mobile Support Vehicles is "almost" good enough for restoration and I only lack a few pieces.
I have a dome in very good condition, so maybe you me of these will get spared.
The long PVC tube thing in the background of the second picture is the cradle which will hold the rover .
The "rocket engines " will go on the three way fitting at the end.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 2:53 pm

PBFresh wrote:
Thanks guy!
One of the Mobile Support Vehicles is "almost" good enough for restoration and I only lack a few pieces.
I have a dome in very good condition, so maybe you me of these will get spared.
The long PVC tube thing in the background of the second picture is the cradle which will hold the rover .
The "rocket engines " will go on the three way fitting at the end.

Sounds awesome bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Cool project! cheers

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 2:57 am

Wow, fantastic MSV custom!!!

This is great, and the MSV has so many different ways to go.

Are you familiar with Thomas Rustman/MSVguy? he made a small fleet of custom MSV's amazing and beautiful builds. But, even with all he did, he still did not make one like you have started.

Thanks so much for posting, I will look forward to seeing updates of this one!!!

Thanks again,
Brian
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 7:48 am

That’s looking great..

Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 11:23 am

great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 12:32 pm

Thanks everyone! Still so much to do on this. Not even sure I'd olive drab is going to be the final color, but I needed to see it in monochrome for design reasons.

Gibri - I don't think I know of Thomas Rustman, and Googling did not offer anything up. I am familiar with the double length, black Action Man themed MSV and a couple of Space themed ones, if gen is the creator.
This was always on of my favorite toys growing up and I had wanted a version that figures could stand up in for a while.
I'm considering drive options at the moment. I probably will not do R/C since I cannot afford the cost or learning curve of a new hobby at the moment. ( though it would be cool.) I am thinking tracks ( tank tread ), the Tri-Star system, used in Damnation Alley on the Landmaster, or large tires that would approximate 44" or larger in scale.
The Tri Star is the most economical, since I have lots of wheels from the MSVs I have taken apart.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmaster
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:19 pm

This is gonna be great PB!!!

Tommy did his customs a few years ago now. Haven't heard from him for a while. Really wish I had grabbed some of his pics.

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 8:52 pm

Terrific PB- really looking forward to seeing the final result. Will you be kitbashing some Colonial Marines to go with it ? Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP   Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak peak of my Space Marines drop ship. WIP
Page 1 of 1