Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAM'S 1/6 lads

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

BAM'S 1/6 lads - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAM'S 1/6 lads   BAM'S 1/6 lads - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Ski Patrol
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: BAM'S 1/6 lads   BAM'S 1/6 lads - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 8:13 pm

These are impressively detailed figures! The uniforms and accessories are top notch stuff!

But of course my eye is drawn to your clever backgrounds. The ol' paper bag trick to create cliffs and grottos, eh? My own efforts in using this technique have been less than satisfactory. There's an art to getting enough crinkle in the paper to look rock-like, without getting too much so it either becomes too soft, or it looks like a wadded-up grocery sack. You have found that perfect balance, and then accessorized it well with an effectively Star Wars-ian assortment of jungle foliage.

I don't suppose you've considered giving Chewie a "dieselpunk" WWII-style makeover? (Then he could join Han in a Force 10 from Navarone remake!) Wink

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: BAM'S 1/6 lads   BAM'S 1/6 lads - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 10:31 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

These are impressively detailed figures! The uniforms and accessories are top notch stuff!

But of course my eye is drawn to your clever backgrounds. The ol' paper bag trick to create cliffs and grottos, eh? My own efforts in using this technique have been less than satisfactory. There's an art to getting enough crinkle in the paper to look rock-like, without getting too much so it either becomes too soft, or it looks like a wadded-up grocery sack. You have found that perfect balance, and then accessorized it well with an effectively Star Wars-ian assortment of jungle foliage.

I don't suppose you've considered giving Chewie a "dieselpunk" WWII-style makeover? (Then he could join Han in a Force 10 from Navarone remake!)  Wink

Thanks my friend, yeah these guys are amazing figures, and being a huge star wars fan I had to get the heroes from childhood! You again are spot on David, but no trick really to the brown paper, I just screw it back up and throw into a box until I need it again, lol!

I couldn't do it Dave! lol, Maybe some Hasbro versions?, maybe a new project?? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAM'S 1/6 lads   BAM'S 1/6 lads - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAM'S 1/6 lads
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: