Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What’s your thoughts on EBay?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

What’s your thoughts on EBay? Empty
PostSubject: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 8:00 am

Admin
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 10:59 pm

It's cost me a pension fund! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 8:17 am

SlackElastic wrote:
It's cost me a pension fund! affraid

lol! lol! lol!

Its a great tool to use to track stuff down, but it is also very easy to get carried away! Shocked
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 9:21 am

Like most things in life (computers, cars, relationships) it's great until something goes wrong! Rolling Eyes However unlike those other things there seems little help or support from ebay when you need it. I sell very little on ebay but am more than aware their policies are way to slanted in favour of the buyer.

Having said that where would collector nerds like us be without ebay? A lot of my most treasured possession have come from there.

My wife decided she needed a steam cleaner the other Saturday so I was dragged around several electrical shops. After what seemed like hours of 'out of stock', 'Wrong model' and 'way over priced' we eventually went home with a steam cleaner but a quick look on ebay showed I could have stayed home and got the same thing £20 cheaper and it would have been delivered for free on Tuesday!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Crash Crew
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 9:05 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Like most things in life (computers, cars, relationships) it's great until something goes wrong! Rolling Eyes However unlike those other things there seems little help or support from ebay when you need it. I sell very little on ebay but am more than aware their policies are way to slanted in favour of the buyer.

Having said that where would collector nerds like us be without ebay? A lot of my most treasured possession have come from there.

My wife decided she needed a steam cleaner the other Saturday so I was dragged around several electrical shops. After what seemed like hours of 'out of stock', 'Wrong model' and 'way over priced' we eventually went home with a steam cleaner but a quick look on ebay showed I could have stayed home and got the same thing £20 cheaper and it would have been delivered for free on Tuesday!

That sounds like every shopping trip I go on with Wendy lol! lol!

E-bay is great for trawling and looking ... some thing interesting comes up every 3- 4 days . Like a lot of other folks I've been guilty of emotional buying just after pay day or had a case of late night finger click Shocked lol!

Prices do seem to have doubled imo, over the last 18 months or so. I was able to pick up recruits for ave of £10 per fig.. but it seems those days are long gone... Question Question

As a result I've purchased my special edition from Paul McKenna " I can stop you your e-bay habit -NOW!" and I'm now an iron willed ! Ohh hang on.... got to go .. I've a last minute bid on... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 9:59 am

My thoughts on EBay are, well it really helped me to start buying back the figures I gave away to a children’s home that I once owned as a kid and buy the ones I wanted but I never had until EBay. It’s fabulous if you want a a clothes set multiple times then you can buy it cheaper sometimes. It’s great to see that Mam are still being bidded on and bought but the prices that sellers are selling for are just crazy.

Sabotage
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Increasing shipping costs are making selling anything other than small, high-priced items on eBay untenable for the "regular people" who used to make up the core of eBay, buying and selling collectable, vintage, and good second-hand items.

Red Devil
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 3:25 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Increasing shipping costs are making selling anything other than small, high-priced items on eBay untenable for the "regular people" who used to make up the core of eBay, buying and selling collectable, vintage, and good second-hand items.
I am in total agreement with you SCU_HQ!

Quite outrageous in some cases, specially that exorbitant Global Shipping Program used by American eBay!
It has been responsible for my having almost given up buying anything from there, ....and I used to be a very frequent customer!
I have also learned to stay off eBay if I have "had-a-few"!
I'm sure we have all woken up the morning after and rued the damage done to our PayPal accounts....yes?

Still, life is short, you are a long time staring at the lid, and if a few toys make the journey all the more enjoyable then so what?
Some of my now most enjoyed possessions are ones that I really struggled to pay for as a younger bloke.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 3:52 am

I buy alot of stuff off Ebay here in the states...

Red Devil
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 5:52 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
I buy alot of stuff off Ebay here in the states...
eBay is a great source of VAM/MAM stuff!
Of course the shipping for you is SO much less when it's just within The States.
A couple of years ago before USPS virtually went broke and upped their charges, it was relatively cheap to buy from USA for us too.
So many State-side sellers I used to buy from regularly now tell me that their International business has really suffered.

Nowadays I buy most of my MAM accessories and clothing from China, where prices are often ridiculously cheap and the shipping is mostly FREE!
Okay sometimes it might take a while to get here but you can't beat that for a good deal compared to the USA.

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on EBay?   What’s your thoughts on EBay? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1