ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New action man range

Go down 
+10
Glidah Drivah
Sparklebudgie
TheOneManKid
Dreadnought
Gunner Munro
somekindajoe
BAMComix
Sgt_Elias
ActionYankee
Rustygun
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

New action man range - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Here's the link: http://actionmanhq.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28553&page=1&pp=30

Falcon wrote:
I may be wrong (and I truly hope I am), but everything here screams "prototype". The head job (resine and painted), the body (took from another 12" figure with similar neck connector), even the beret is based on 21century's ultimate soldier cast.

You may be on to something with this prototype theory.

Rob said:
wiscan wrote:
I have been authorised to release these early development images

So that indicates to me that these were "idea" figures, meant to show the concept before the actual figure is complete. One of the many GIJoe prototype s was a Ken doll with a haircut.

New action man range - Page 2 Z0021096

And look at the full body picture of the Action Pilot, his sleeves are rolled up, almost as if to accommodate short arms...

Definitely something to think about.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Falcon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:41 am

ActionYankee wrote:
And look at the full body picture of the Action Pilot, his sleeves are rolled up, almost as if to accommodate short arms...

Definitely something to think about.

Yeah, Yankee, and Ken was one of figures that Don and others used to present GI Joe concept on early stages. I really think these images are all concepts, not the final product, the "true" thing there are the new heads and neckposts I really wish they are easy to adapt to dragon and other bodies with a dremmel or superglue), the bdu (and pilot gear) and the box.
Back to top Go down
http://kryptonauta.blogspot.com
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Not looking good so far Mad

Will increase the sales of mam though cheers

Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Why are they saying the new 50th are for kids, am I missing something.

New action man range - Page 2 BFA85926-_B6_E8-432_D-_AF26-914_EE8_DE4_F04

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 1:19 am

Falcon wrote:

my 5cents:
I may be wrong (and I truly hope I am), but everything here screams "prototype". The head job (resine and painted), the body (took from another 12" figure with similar neck connector), even the beret is based on 21century's ultimate soldier cast.

The boots look based on Power Team's. It would be nice if these are prototypes. Speaking of Power Team (called Chad Valley over there, I believe) these look like they're designed to compete with that discount line. It would be nice to see more pics of this line; as well as the collector line.

-Nate

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 4:46 am

Here's a Chad Valley body. I can't see why the new AM can't have this style body. It's got pretty good articulation and it's been passed as safe for 3 and over.
New action man range - Page 2 20180906_201433

Chris
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Yeah, I've got a set of those Chad Valley guys. They look like they can take a lot of rough play before falling apart. Tougher than the 40th bodies definitely! Plus, they've already got the molds to make them too - no setup and development costs!

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Here's a Chad Valley body. I can't see why the new AM can't have this style body. It's got pretty good articulation and it's been passed as safe for 3 and over.

Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 1:50 pm

The sleeves are rolled up!!! Were the clothes made in a different place to the bodies, with no communication between them???

The boots look nice on both figures. Not paying £14.99 just for a nice pair of boots though!

Rustygun wrote:

New action man range - Page 2 A8_A28_B87-7388-4_C9_A-_BB3_D-_EEFF9_ECE0_A79

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:

The World Peacekeepers/Power Team/Chad Valley line is a great one, in terms of good play ability for not much money. The figures are quite pose able and some of the head sculpts are on par with DML and BBi. The uniforms are good; the equipment runs the gamut. I have several; and tend to kitbash them; usually as WWII figs.

WWII staff officers:
New action man range - Page 2 Image

WWII Airborne officers:

18th century Colonial officer (hands are DML):

Vietnam War grenadier (hands are DML):

Rhodesian Bush War. Both are Power Team, the fig on left has a DiD head:

Sense of scale:

From left to right, BBi, Sideshow and Power Team:

-Nate
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 1:14 am

Hi Nate, you mind my asking where the WWII trench coat came from? I have some photos of Patton, Bradley, Manton Eddy and they are all wearing one. I did get one from DML but was from a rare figure and never found another.

Thanks,
Brian

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 1:19 pm

gibri wrote:
Hi Nate, you mind my asking where the WWII trench coat came from? I have some photos of Patton, Bradley, Manton Eddy and they are all wearing one. I did get one from DML but was from a rare figure and never found another.

Thanks,
Brian

cheers cheers cheers

It came with a Dreams and Visions figure called "The Unknown Soldier". It used a contemporary (2000s) Joe body instead of a '64 repro. There were two versions, the more common khaki trench coat, and a more rare black/dark gray version. Came with a nice pinstripe suit as well. The coat is all I have left. Very good quality.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks Nate!!!

It's a nice looking coat and I think it would work well for WWII officer's top coat.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Any new photos or news? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://kryptonauta.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi everyone.

I really don't understand the logic of this kids range. I'm instantly reminded of Bill Pugh's comments about the 'frustrations' that the kids had with the original AM HH which inspired him to come up with the grippers. This is a marketing lesson that was learned in the 1970's and I am completely gobsmacked that any marketer would allow this to pass for today's market, unforgivable.

I will not be picking any of this range up and I'm now of the opinion that the collector's range will be similarly disappointing. More disappointing considering the solution for A&S has been staring them in the face for a few years at this stage - for the 'big boys' range go to the Geyperman production company and have them produce the bodies, stick an AM head and branding on the box and sell as a gen3 figure. How simple would that be?

I also have no clue as to why they are diversifying AWAY from the retro branding. EVERYTHING is being remade and remastered today, from the Geyper, Falcon, Action Joe with Captain Cosmos. even old PC games are being remastered and rereleased yet AM is doing something NEW? Another unforgivable marketing faux pas I'm sorry to say. Here's hoping I'm wrong and the collector's range will blow all our socks off but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New action man range   New action man range - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New action man range
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2