ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Polar Explorer Card

Go down 
+4
Danthecoat
Sparkys6887
inntruderr61
action-johnny
8 posters
AuthorMessage
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

Polar Explorer Card Empty
PostSubject: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Had loads of Polar spares in the box so when someone sent me a free empty 40th Polar card I thought I'd have a go at re-carding with VINTAGE gear.
I was quite pleased, got it very close to the original, there's even an original leaflet inside...
Polar Explorer Card Ampolar_zps1e2d8a09
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Great set John! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 am

We done John. Just don't forget what you have done!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:42 am

Very nice mate that is some fiddly work doing one of those Sad

I tried doing a british infantry card

Man it blew my mind i just had to sell it No scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

GREAT STUFF cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 am

Fiddly indeed, you got to get the sewing needle out and thread it through the holes once you've postioned the gear in the right place, obviously one piece at a time. You'll never get it exact though.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 am

Liking your Polar Explorer Card set they action-johnny
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 am

superb John cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 am

Question Vintage gear on a 40th card. Is that more or less anti-purist than a VAM in 40th gear? Whatever..looks good to me!
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 am

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keep your heretic work secret man

The Vamers might hear and freak out on us affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:38 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Good idea , but will you be keeping it as such ? & How good is your memory ?
You don't want to go selling it off as 40th when it's VAM.
I myself am crap at both!! If it's sealed , I get cold sweats & remembering if I'd done something like this..............Forget it ! I wouldn't have the box left anyway lol.

It looks the business though mate. I admire you restraint , I need councilling on how to leave things alone.
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 pm

LOL. Really it was an experiment that I always wanted to try and as I never had a Polar Explorer vintage card but an empty 40th lying around thought I'd give it a go using what I had. No fear of forgetting, it has 2006 printed on the back of the box, although I might forget the kit is vintage!!! affraid
I've just completed an Armoured CC but all 40th this time and that was harder because of the radio stand's 3 feet, each foot goes in it's own loop...tough to do I can tell you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polar Explorer Card   Polar Explorer Card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Polar Explorer Card
Page 1 of 1