ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 5:25 pm

I have started re watching Warehouse 13! gotta love Mika! bounce bounce

TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 P-warehouse-13-joanne-kelly

Russian Infantry
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 6:11 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Season Finale of The Curse of Oak Island tonight on The History Channel (here in the States, at least)!
Plus, an extra "Drilling Down" bonus episode featuring William "Captain Kirk" Shatner!

So tell us....did they ever manage to find anything? Anything at all? Question Question Question

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 6:41 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Season Finale of The Curse of Oak Island tonight on The History Channel (here in the States, at least)!
Plus, an extra "Drilling Down" bonus episode featuring William "Captain Kirk" Shatner!

So tell us....did they ever manage to find anything? Anything at all? Question Question Question

No, they did not.

Sounds like the series is done. As even one of the old timers said at the end of the episode, "we're running out of real estate," meaning there is no place left to dig; or at least, no place to sink another 8-foot diameter exploratory shaft.

The principal financier of the project, Marty Lagina, said that the only approach they have left is a "big dig," of at least 100 feet in diameter and 200 feet deep, that would likely cost "tens of millions of dollars" and take at least three years.

So far, all that has been found are some old iron tools which "could" date back as far as the 1500s, but which also could be as recent as 1800, by which time there were a number of farms and considerable commercial activity on the island.

After seven seasons, there have been no discoveries that support the presence of anything of value, either monetarily or historic, buried on the island. The end of this season is the first time that the season has wrapped up without pointing to an obvious "next move."

I suspect the coronavirus pandemic, with the accompanying travel bans and world-wide shut-downs, will be the final blow to the Oak Island project. There's nothing worth pursuing there anymore.

Russian Infantry
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 7:12 am

Nuke it!

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 10:14 am

I’ve been watching a program called robotech. It’s really addictive to watch one after another lol.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 pm

Just placed an order through Amazon for a science fiction series DVD box set called Warehouse 13, highly recommended by the forum's own Influence Man.
affraid alien Razz

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 9:20 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Just placed an order through Amazon for a science fiction series DVD box set called Warehouse 13, highly recommended by the forum's own Influence Man.
affraid alien Razz

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Warehouse13_1373033700-WTH._V392939158_SX1080_

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 9:40 pm

I want my Joe/Action Man office to look like that room!

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 10:20 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I want my Joe/Action Man office to look like that room!

It would make an awesome setting for them! bounce bounce bounce

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 10:33 pm

I ended up buying season two and three box sets of Robotech. On YouTube I’m going to try out a cartoon called Exosquad.

Russian Infantry
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 6:00 am

Season Two of "Blue Book".
Yes I know it's corny and highly over-dramatised, but I'm a sucker for anything "disco-volante".

(And it's actually somewhat better than so many of those episodes of "X-Files", where we never did get to find "the truth" which we were constantly being told was "out there"!)

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 8:23 am

LeStryge wrote:
Season Two of "Blue Book".
Yes I know it's corny and highly over-dramatised....

I finally watched an episode of this series a few months ago (S02 Ep03 "Area 51") because the teaser trailers looked interesting. My initial impression was favorable because of the largely authentic "late-1950s / early 1960s" set and costume design, and because the episode opened with a clip from a 1950s sci-fi film featuring Richard Carlson. I generally find any film with Richard Carlson in it to be entertaining. Not necessarily good, but entertaining.

The favorable impression did not last long. After the episode set up in laborious detail how everyone was being watched constantly by heavily armed snipers, the two lead characters manage to steal a Jeep from right in front of armed sentries and drive off in to the desert. What happened to the snipers? And it just got more implausible after that.

Corny and overly dramatic I can deal with. But implausibly stupid... and heading in a heavy-handed manner in to X-Files style conspiracies and cover-ups... and profanity used merely to indicate how "edgy" the series can be since it's on cable rather than broadcast television... it was all too much for me. I mean, I really wanted to like the show. Maybe I just caught a particularly poor episode for my introduction to the series.

Disco volante, discos voladores...

TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 14033129798_5a70dac153
Mexican lobby card for one of my favorite movies ever

Russian Infantry
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 9:07 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I was meaning to convey "any thing flying saucer", singular because I didn't use "about" which of course would demand the plural.
Still, my Italian could certainly use a refresher course, which it is unlikely to get now as I venture international travel is not returning anytime soon.

Must agree with you on the wonderful set decoration and those vintage vehicles used in ""Project Blue Book".
Really enjoyed that aspect. How do they find all those period set decorations, ...phones, fans, wallpapers etc.? Even the wardrobe!
The whole show is very high on improbability though as you say. Nothing is ever properly guarded, considering it's all supposed to be under high security.
The lead characters seem to get access to anywhere virtually at will.

The only other series that rivalled the research and assembly of such authentic objects was probably "Mad Men".
Didn't like that show at all, ...nothing ever seemed to actually happen, except people smoked so much I felt in danger of lung cancer just by watching!

Great poster BTW!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 5:40 pm

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
I was meaning to convey "any thing flying saucer", singular because I didn't use "about" which of course would demand the plural.

I knew what the phrase meant, and assumed singular, but being 'Merican and all, my knowledge of other languages is negligible. All I know is what I see on old movie posters.

Embarassed

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 12:02 pm

I’m watching at the moment the tv series Prison Break season two, I’ve already watched season one. Prison Break is one of my favourite tv series. Before I started to go though Prison Break I was watching a series called Girls & Panzer which is a Japanese anime series.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I’m watching at the moment the tv series Prison Break season two, I’ve already watched season one. Prison Break is one of my favourite tv series. Before I started to go though Prison Break I was watching a series called  Girls & Panzer which is a Japanese anime series.

Girls und Panzer! Yeah, now that's a show!

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 11:05 pm

Not that long ago I watched a chick flick movie called Never been kissed stars Drew Barrymore it came out in 27 August 1999. I’ll admit I did cry at the end. I watched it with my mum.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 12:44 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Not that long ago I watched a chick flick movie called Never been kissed stars Drew Barrymore it came out in 27 August 1999. I’ll admit I did cry at the end. I watched it with my mum.

A Drew Barrymore movie called Music and Lyrics (2007) with Hugh Grant is fairly amusing, at least the first half. It kind of bogs down in an emotional tangle as it goes along.

I re-watched one of my very favorite movies of all time last night: The Mysterious Island (1961). First saw it when I was a little kid. I rewatch it periodically, but had not seen it in several years. It still holds up, and remains one of my favorites of all time.

Russian Infantry
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 4:36 am

"Mysterious Island" is also one of my favs too Dave!
Sorry Alex, but I have a total aversion to all "chic-flicks" and will go so far as to feign an attack of just about any disease known to man to avoid having to sit through any of 'em!  lol! lol! lol!

Have just started to watch the re-mastered and extended version of "Battlestar Galactica".

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 5:33 am

LeStryge wrote:

Have just started to watch the re-mastered and extended version of "Battlestar Galactica".

The original with Lorne Green and Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict?

Russian Infantry
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 11:13 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

The original with Lorne Green and Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict?
No, unfortunately it's the modern version. It's OK, but they were unable to resist inserting some none-to-subtle PC themes.
Not all that sure I will persist watching.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 8:52 pm

I’v started to watch on YouTube a new cartoon series called Fillmore! The show's format parodies that of hard-boiled police dramas. X's safety patrol is much more actively involved in student behavior than a typical school's safety patrol, and officers often seem to spend more time patrolling than actually attending class, although they can be seen attending at times.

As part of the Safety Patrol at X Middle School, Fillmore and Ingrid solve crimes and mysteries. The series usually presents child-friendly versions of common crimes, such as stolen scooters, smuggling tartar sauce, holding illegal frog races, and counterfeiting collector cards.

French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 8:59 pm

I bought the Capt Scarlet dvd boxset the other day. Watched about 6...then my dvd player decided to pack up Crying or Very sad so I need a new one lol!

But it's still the greatest tv show that Gerry Anderson ever made cheers
TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 IMG-20200829-201819

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 9:52 pm

That’s a real shame that your dvd player decided to pack up. At least you managed to watched about 6 episodes of Capt Scarlet dvd boxset that’s better than watching none. Hope you buy yourself a new DVD player soon Big Chris.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 12:46 am

The failure of the DVD player is all part of a world-wide plot to eliminate "owning" physical copies of video or audio content and force us all in to subscription streaming services. That way "they" will have total control over what we see and hear and watch.
Twisted Evil

Hope you can find yourself a top-notch DVD/Blu-ray player soon!

Rogue-Trooper likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.   TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV programs, Movies, comics and Books discussion thread.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next