ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz   Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Got the kitbash bug again Smile, so I've polished off a few figures I've had partially completed for a while.

An Action Man Searchlight I'd acquired a while ago, but hadn't earmarked for any figure, inspired this group kitbash of the London Blitz of 1940-41.

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz 006

The London bobby is sporting a superb helmet made by Actionmat from the VAME forums, one of two slightly different ones that he made for me. This one is a period style helmet with the more pronounced "spike" on the top, so I thought it lent itself to this 1940s era copper. The greatcoat is a Colditz Escape Officer's coat that I dyed black.

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz 008

One of my two Tommies, both kitted out in Action Man British Infantryman gear, with the exception of the greatcoats, which, again, are from the Colditz Escape Officer set.

Rooting through my spares box I found myself with the makings of a couple of virtually complete sets of Soldiers of the Century British Infantryman uniforms with the exception of the jackets. I also noticed that i had a pair of greatcoats going spare and "Eureka!", a couple of Tommies dressed for cold weather sentry duty,

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz 009

For this guy I thought that the Action Man Lee Enfield Rifle would make a nice change from the usual Sten Gun associated with the SOTC set.

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz 010

The ARP Fire Guard was an existing kitbash I'd done a few years ago, so I thought he's be perfect for this setup.

The overalls are Geyper Man, the shirt dickey is from Cotswold Collectibles, the tie from an unknown source, the armband from One Sixth Scale King and the rest of the kit is Hasbro/Palitoy. The helmet is from the GI Joe Desert Jeep Driver figure which I modified with the lettering.

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz 011

Watch the skies!!!

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz 007
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz   Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Really great stuff,

I'd love to have your spares box lol! lol! - brilliant work !
tw
Dio you keep theses guys "as is" now or will they be recycled in the future ?

Loving the Bobby btw

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz   Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Quality mate! fantastic bashes bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz   Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:26 pm

Excellent figures , they look great

Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz   Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:

tw
Dio you keep theses guys "as is"  now or will they be recycled in the future ?

Oh no, they're kept as is.   I very rarely recycle any kitabshed figure.   Just the occasional one that I've not been 100% happy with and I thought could be improved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz   Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kitbash: Heroes of The Blitz
Page 1 of 1