ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GI Joe pilots.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

GI Joe pilots. Empty
PostSubject: GI Joe pilots.   GI Joe pilots. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 10:45 am

My GI Joe Scramble Pilots and Fighter Pilots.

Anyone who knows me, knows that a love my pilots.   I have literally dozens, but these are just my GI Joe Fighter Pilots, Scramble Pilots and three kitbashes inspired by the range.

First up, the Scramble Pilots

From L - R:  For my money, the best GI Joe/Action Man set ever produced, the original Scramble Pilot, a Scramble Pilot in the life raft from the 'Survival' set, then two variations on the set; a yellow "goldenrod' jumpsuit version and a version using the Action Pilot orange jumpsuit.

GI Joe pilots. 007

The Fighter Pilots

From L -R:  The prototype helmet version that never made it into production.   This perfect replica of the prototype was created by Cotswold Collectibles from Hasbro's original design.

Then the original release version in the gold helmet and a goldenrod version.

I've added belts and guns and holsters, which were not in the original Fighter Pilot set.  

TOP TIP:  When arming your pilots with Colt 45s, they should have a black handle and not the brown handle version.  In the original GI Joe range, Colt pistols for Action Pilots and Action Sailors had black handles and the Action Soldiers and Action Marine Colt 45s had brown handles.

GI Joe pilots. 008

The original pre-release promotional materials showing the prototype version of the helmet, replaced by the gold and black helmet when production started.

GI Joe pilots. 183-8319

Three kitbashed in the style of the Hasbro GI Joe pilots.  

From L-R:   A pilot in an emerald green Geyper Man jumpsuit and  a green helmet by Cotswold Collectibles, a version in an olive drab Geyper Man jumpsuit and  a gold helmet by Cotswold.  Finally, a guy I christened 'Ultimate Goldenrod Pilot', with goldenrod yellow jumpsuit, yellow belt by Project Are, and the yellow ascot scarf and superb yellow helmet, both by Cotswold Collectibles.

GI Joe pilots. 009

The gang bang shot. Finally a use for all those spare blue caps! Smile

GI Joe pilots. 010

And with the original Scramble and Fighter Pilots front and centre.

GI Joe pilots. 011

I love my fly boys! Smile

GI Joe pilots. Scramble-Pilot-5
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

GI Joe pilots. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GI Joe pilots.   GI Joe pilots. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 11:05 am

Very nice! they are quality sets and you certainly have a few! I have a Joe one myself bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

GI Joe pilots. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GI Joe pilots.   GI Joe pilots. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 5:37 pm

I am enjoying this post so much! My very first childhood GI Joe figure was the Action Pilot. I never had any of the pilot gear, just the jumpsuit that came with the stock figure, but I remember the time I spent just looking at the picture on the box and leafing through the manuals.

The amount of time and research you have put in to recreating the release editions and the prototype versions is impressive.

Superb work... quite literally, in every detail!

GI Joe pilots. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GI Joe pilots.   GI Joe pilots. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GI Joe pilots.
Page 1 of 1