ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Empty
PostSubject: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Trying to post to the Action Man Random Photos thread and nothing Happens.  I can preview my content, but when I hit the 'Send' button, to post it, nothing happens.

Help?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 pm

the_pauley wrote:
Trying to post to the Action Man Random Photos thread and nothing Happens.  I can preview my content, but when I hit the 'Send' button, to post it, nothing happens.

Help?

seems very strange? I will look into it and see what I can find out. Could be we're experiencing a few glitches, earlier for some unknown reason a collection thread locked itself?
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 1:07 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 am

Still no luck. CAn't seem to post anywhere except to reply on here. Bizarre!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 am

the_pauley wrote:
Still no luck.   CAn't seem to post anywhere except to reply on here. Bizarre!

I don't understand why that is happening to your account? I have checked all your settings. I will investigate further.
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Very strange. I just tried posing it here as a reply to you and it worked, but can't post it elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:48 pm

OK - this gets stranger mate. It appears that I can post a reply to existing threads but I cannot start/post a new thread.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 11:06 pm

the_pauley wrote:
OK - this gets stranger mate.   It appears that I can post a reply to existing threads but I cannot start/post  a new thread.

I will try and reset your settings again. I have looked and I can see no reason why this is happening? We will sort tho cheers
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:35 pm

the_pauley you should have been assimilated back into the AMMO mothership, try creating another post as you have previously, hopefully it'll work now

Your friendly neighbourhood web crawler
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Sgt_Elias wrote:
the_pauley you should have been assimilated back into the AMMO mothership, try creating another post as you have previously, hopefully it'll work now

Your friendly neighbourhood web crawler

Nice one Damo cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 5:29 am

Still not working guys.

Here is the post I'm trying to put up. As I say I can do it as areply but it won't let me create an original thread for it.

While rooting through my spares box, it occurred to me that I had enough kit to put together a second 'Sabotage ' figure.

Not enough to make a second complete set, but enough to dress a companion for my guy with the complete 'Sabotage' kit, to make a two man mission team.

This set originally consisted of equipment and no uniform (apart from the knitted watch cap). The box art showed the soldier dressed in a ribbed green sweater and either a black or blue shirt and pants (quite likely meant to be black, as it is common for artists to use blue to show highlights on black clothing. Just ask Batman. Smile ), none of which existed in either the GI Joe or the Action Man range at the time. .

Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Img-2548

As a result, two popular approaches to dressing the figure have emerged over the years from collectors. One is to use the basic Action Soldier uniform and the other is to use the French Resistance Fighter sweater, jeans and boots.

I have seen one example kitted out in the Action Sailor shirt and dungarees with a '70s Action Man army sweater, obviously trying to recreate the box art (presumably interpreting the clothing as being blue) , but as this is an Action Soldier set, I think we can rule out naval uniforms.

Initially, I kitted my guy out in the basic Action Soldier uniform, but somehow it never looked right and then I tried the French Resistance approach, but the jeans looked totally wrong.

Eventually I settled on hybrid approach, with the Action Soldier pants and boots, teamed with the French resistance black sweater, which perfectly complimented the black watch cap and fitted in with the night-time / undercover look.

A look which, incidentally, is completely undermined by those bright red binoculars! Whatever possessed Hasbro? Black would be much more discreet).

Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set 002

Seeing as how they are soldiers, I added some Action Soldier kit in the shape of web belts, grenades, canteens and first aid pouches.

Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set 003

I also added a couple of items to the kit - a wire roll (how else are they to attach the detonator to the dynamite?) and a map case and map.

Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set 005

Sometime, I might dye some basic Action Soldier fatigues black and team them with a sweater to recreate the box art, but for now they are appropriately dressed and equipped to blow the crap out of something, methinks! Smile
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 5:29 am

As you can see works fine here as a reply to an existing thread.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 am

What a cool assortment of gear! The coolest, in fact, right up there with Mummy's Tomb and 8 Ropes of Danger!

I always loved that spotlight-flashlight. And the radio kit with the telegraph key. And... well, and all of it!

Great to see the set boxed, and then all the pieces in use, with your well-selected additions. This is a total flashback to playing GI Joes with my brothers when we were kids!

This is the kind of stuff that makes visiting the AMMO forum a true joy!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 8:13 am

the_pauley wrote:
As you can see works fine here as  a reply to an existing thread.

I will ask Damo to take another look for you Pauley or you could pm him direct?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 4:28 am

When I visit the site and click "view posts since last visit," I am getting a "no new posts" message even though new posts have been made.

Is anyone else having this problem? (Of course, if you are, you're not going to see this post!)

It started happening in the afternoon (US time) today (13 November 2019).

Is there anything I can do to correct this? It is difficult to scroll through every category and subject manually looking for new updates.

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 4:35 am

I sometimes get that same message, but on scrolling down I look for the green squares that show new postings.
They seem to be far more reliable than the "no new posts" message.
I also have email alerts activated but for some odd reason I do not get an alert message for that thread if I have never posted anything in it.
So it's back to the green squares that alert me to look there!
Once I've posted a reply, email alerts seem to work fine.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 6:36 am

LeStryge wrote:
I sometimes get that same message, but on scrolling down I look for the green squares that show new postings.

What's frustrating is that I was able to see all the new posts quite easily by clicking on the "new posts since last visit" link. But now nothing shows up there.

Your post did not show up. I scrolled down and, as you say, looked for new posts. But that requires a lot of scrolling.

I don't know why the feature was working before but stopped working now. I'm finding it very frustrating.

Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 11:39 am

I've had a check through, but i can't find anything... Sometimes, its a process of illimination, so...

Can you let me know on these two problems:

the_pauley
Do you have the problem on computer/tablet/phone
What browser are you using
What was the title of the thread you were trying to create

SCU_HQ
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Sgt_Elias wrote:

SCU_HQ

Apple Mac desktop - OS Mojave 10.14.6
Chrome browser - Version 78.0.3904.97

I have not tried using a different browser. Perhaps I'll give it a shot.

I'm planning to upgrade to OS Catalina here shortly. I'm a bit concerned that the Catalina update will render several of my frequently used software packages obsolete.

I get the "No topics or posts met your search criteria" message under the "new posts" tab, and I do not see the "green squares" indicating new posts. I am currently looking at the date column to find new posts.

After I make a post, like this one, I can go back to the home page, click on the "new posts" link, and the post I just made will show up, but nothing else does.

PostSubject: Re: Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set   Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with posting & Sabotage Carded Set
Page 1 of 1