ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
FIELD STATION 42
6 posters
AuthorMessage

A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Empty
PostSubject: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 5:13 am

So here's my latest "scratch-build" primarily to showcase the "working" fireplace I found. OK, so it's really a Christmas lantern with a battery operated burning fire effect but to a 1/6 scale modeller such as myself, it's a golden find!

No camera tricks or photo-shopping.
The set-up is mainly made from core-foam and cardboard, the columns to the mantelpiece are really cake-decorating supports, the picture is actually a genuine little oil painting I bought in Paris, (so it's no great art work, but the scale is perfect) and I also used some bits I cut from a wall-paper frieze. The rest, including the little chandelier and candelabrum are miniatures from my collection of odds and ends.

Bond is enjoying his signature vodka martini, shaken, not stirred of course as evidenced by the cocktail shaker sitting at his feet.
But that is Bond's gun, complete with silencer already attached, sitting quite within his reach on the mantelpiece so I really don't know just how this seemingly cosy situation is going to end!

The whole thing looks so much better when you can see the flame effect actually working, so will try to post a You-Tube view later.

A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. EwdwvO

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 6:39 am

I love the furniture! Those are some classy 1:6 scale pieces, very elegant, and very realistic.

Nice work on the fireplace. You integrated the holiday light very effectively.

This is looking like one of those envy-inducing dioramas, like on the Jatman Stories website.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 8:10 am

looks great! the ideal place for reliving past adventures bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 12:16 pm

I’m really liking the whole set up LeStryge.

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 12:25 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I’m really liking the whole set up LeStryge.
Thank you Alex! Your comments are always much appreciated!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 12:29 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
You integrated the holiday light very effectively.
Most of the light itself is hidden behind the wall.
It's still intact so that it will work, but I couldn't believe it when I saw it in the shop.
I instantly knew I had to make a scene around it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 12:07 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
looks great! the ideal place for reliving past adventures bounce bounce bounce
Thanks so much BAM!
Past adventures?
Perhaps, ...or maybe even some proposed ones in the future, but that gun lying there still has me worried!
Someone doesn't trust some one, and what looks like a peaceful scene could, in true James Bond fashion, suddenly turn violent. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am

Never mind the fore place..the whole room looks amazing! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 12:05 am

Thanks somekindajoe! Glad you liked it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 5:38 am

As promised initially here's a little moving footage that shows the fireplace in action.
It doesn't really photograph as well as it looks in reality, but hopefully this will give you some idea of the effect.

https://youtu.be/6Dvv-QWAbZ4
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 3:17 am

WOW! Looks great! cheers

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 2:26 am

Great Dio. 007 in his tux fits in particularly well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 am

Sincere thanks Gary!
Bumping this thread has reminded me of that set I made quite a while back. Must give it another showing soon!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 3:47 am

I've been looking at a lot of old threads recently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 4:35 am

I sometimes spend time doing that too.
It's amazing what you can have missed.
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 4:41 am

No problem. I've worked a Sean Connery James Bond into K-Troop myself, but unlike your sophisticated, true to the movies characterization, I'm making him more Connery, less Bond; and a bit more the sailor and ruffian than the sophisticate in the dinner jacket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 am

Yeah, I was going for the interior sophisticated bloke who just might be about to change. Notice the gun kept close by on the mantelpiece.
At the time there was a discussion of Bond figures happening here on AMMO and wanted to contribute one in character.
I too think that in the future I may re-think his dinner suit and use the figure in other ways. Still Connery perhaps, but in another role, or at least a different far less formal situation.

I do also have the "Thunderball" Bond figure but his orange wetsuit is still in perfect condition and I don't want to risk causing any damage by removing it.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 5:57 am

In my own interpretation that we use in the joint comic, which also features a Roger Moore James Bond, my Connery Bond is now retired from MI-6 (having become too famous) and his name and number taken by a new Double-O agent who's a dead ringer for Simon Templar. Meanwhile. Connery-Bond, now knighted and a Commodore (of a yacht club) has joined the super secret free-world intelligence Network we call S.I.M.O.N. or Secret Intelligence and Military Operations Network and he dresses more like the captain of some 1940's tramp steamer than as a jet-setting playboy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 7:16 am

Excellent imaginative forward story!
I also very much admire the lighting you've used in your Bond Photo of the Month entry BTW!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 8:57 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Excellent imaginative forward story!
I also very much admire the lighting you've used in your Bond Photo of the Month entry BTW!

The trick is to set up the red light to right rear of the subject, pointing towards him with the green light directly to the front of the subject, and at a lower power setting.  I'm using Nikon speedlights  with coloured gels on them. with this kind of lighting setup, the red mostly dominates, but leaves shadow areas around the face and elsewhere that will be filled up by the green.

A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. 51183225841_9396c7e8a5_cCommodore Bond-Fleming by Gary  Menten, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 9:13 pm

The cosy fire side chat setup is definitely a cosy looking one. Very well photographed and set up there.

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 10:59 pm

Thank you Alex. I pleased you like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.   A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A COSY FIRE-SIDE CHAT.
Page 1 of 1