ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS!

Go down 
+5
gibri
SCU_HQ
Blondeactionman
No Face Fan.
LeStryge
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chip
Sabotage
Chip

BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS!   BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 1:15 pm

Keep us posted on the mattresses if you make any Daryl , think a few of us could be needing them .

AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS!   BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Mattresses? Find a piece of suitably coloured foam and just cut to size. I am seriously thinking of replacing mine to give the troops a bit more comfort.
Blankets? You'll have to find some olive fabric, ...maybe "polar fleece", cut to size and hem.
Pillows? A bit more complicated. Sew two rectangles together, leaving a small opening, then turn inside out to hide the seams and stuff with wadding. Or you could include a cut to size piece of rubber foam. Then sew fully up.
I have seen packets of clothes hangers on the net made for Barbie, so the scale would be correct.
A coat of olive or black paint?

Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS!   BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 8:16 am

Chip wrote:
Keep us posted on the mattresses if you make any Daryl , think a few of us could be needing them .

I'm afraid I'm not very good with a needle and thread Chip. And that's a project that is fairly well down on my list
at the moment.

But if I figure something out, I will let you know.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS!   BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 8:20 am

LeStryge wrote:
Mattresses? Find a piece of suitably coloured foam and just cut to size. I am seriously thinking of replacing mine to give the troops a bit more comfort.
Blankets? You'll have to find some olive fabric, ...maybe "polar fleece", cut to size and hem.
Pillows? A bit more complicated. Sew two rectangles together, leaving a small opening, then turn inside out to hide the seams and stuff with wadding. Or you could include a cut to size piece of rubber foam. Then sew fully up.
I have seen packets of clothes hangers on the net made for Barbie, so the scale would be correct.
A coat of olive or black paint?

Sounds like you have a plan LeStryge. Maybe you could show us how you do it?

The hangers made for Barbie, I'm guessing they are pink? If the were white, I could live with
that without painting them.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Chip
Sabotage
Chip

PostSubject: Re: BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS!   BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 1:02 pm

I recon the hangers would be easy to make from some thick wire and a pair of pliers .

PostSubject: Re: BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS!   BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BEFORE LIGHTS OUT IN THE BARRACKS!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes & Random Pictures.-
Jump to: