ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Empty
PostSubject: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 5:18 am

Prof. ARKANSAS SMITH...(Arkie to those who know him) is exploring the Mayan ruins in the Yucatan Peninsula.
Here he has at last located the legendary golden idol of Uxmal, but just as he goes to take possession of this priceless treasure he realises he has a rival for the archeological masterpiece....

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans D1npqZ

He quickly draws his trusty revolver but hesitates to dispatch such a magnificent specimen, choosing rather to rely on his lightning quick reflexes to snatch the golden prize before he is bitten.

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans BGfZaD

Later, deep within a dank cave, he tries his luck at avoiding an ancient Mayan booby trap to snatch the long sought after Golden Condor of Chichen Itza.
Can he make the transfer quickly enough without setting off the ingenious trap that has protected the idol for centuries?
(Apologies to Steven Spielberg for the shameless appropriation of this scene from his movie.)

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans UXO9wX

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 6:10 am

In profile, your Professor Smith figure reminds me quite a bit of archæologist Dr. Roy Chapman Andrews.

I appreciate that the professor elected to spare the snake.

As for the Golden Condor, are you sure that's Chichen Itza? Looks more like the temple of Itza Chicken.  Razz

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 6:38 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
In profile, your Professor Smith figure reminds me quite a bit of archæologist Dr. Roy Chapman Andrews.
Hey, you know he does indeed! Thanks for the link. I was unfamiliar with him. I would have been proud to say I'd based my kitbash on him.

SCU_HQ wrote:
I appreciate that the professor elected to spare the snake.

I do like to ensure that no animals are harmed in the production of my shots.
PETA you know!

SCU_HQ wrote:
As for the Golden Condor, are you sure that's Chichen Itza? Looks more like the temple of Itza Chicken.  Razz
lol! lol! lol!
I do have a small crystal skull lying around somewhere which I was going to use, but come the time and of course it couldn't be found.
As it's actually a golden idol in the movie in question, I decided to use a small promotional toy being given away by a supermarket chain here right now.
What it is in fact is a Golden ZAZU, ....who is a character in "The Lion King" movie.
A hornbill I believe, but I though he looked a bit like a Mayan stylised condor from the back.
Your reversal of the name of the actual site is very funny, considering my substitution.

But hey, you're supposed to be looking at the scene, not pickin' on my chicken! lol! lol! lol!
Cummon now, ...that central clay figure in the first two photos is a genuine Mayan artifact! Doesn't that count for anything?

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 7:09 am

LeStryge wrote:
I do have a small crystal skull lying around somewhere....

Yes, I believe that I, too, have a "small" crystal skull around here somewhere:

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans 4260748562_6dde994233

LeStryge wrote:
C'mon now, ...that central clay figure in the first two photos is a genuine Mayan artifact! Doesn't that count for anything?

I was going to mention that, and how it would probably be equally if not more valuable, archaeologically speaking, than the golden relic. But much more difficult to stash away in a pocket or shoulder satchel while running from headhunters, I suppose.

"Genuine"  Rolling Eyes  artifacts have also featured in the adventures of my 3-3/4 inch crew:

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans 3914634486_2f6b8ac63b

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 8:07 am

Fantastic pics guys bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Thanks Dal! Always appreciate your comments!

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 12:53 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
"Genuine"  Rolling Eyes  artifacts have also featured in the adventures of my 3-3/4 inch crew:
They are both ingenious and very amusing pics!
I honestly love 'em! Don't own many "little guys" myself but they do offer great possibilities.

But honestly now Dave, ....do you ever stand back and look at some of the weird and wondrous stuff you buy and say WTF?
I have boxes of bits that even I sometimes have difficulty wondering WTH was going through my mind at the time to cause me to spend cash on such odd things.
I'm supposed to be an adult!
Is it a collective mental aberration we are suffering?

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 1:48 pm

I’m really really loving the look of Prof. ARKANSAS SMITH! I’m also really loving the two pictures you’v put together. I was wondering if you could please put a picture of Prof. ARKANSAS SMITH standing up and pop it in Adventurer Kitbash Thread. https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t9398-adventurer-kitbash-thread

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 pm

LeStryge wrote:

But honestly now Dave, ....do you ever stand back and look at some of the weird and wondrous stuff you buy and say WTF?
I have boxes of bits that even I sometimes have difficulty wondering WTH was going through my mind at the time to cause me to spend cash on such odd things.

Oh, I do, indeed, have such thoughts! The irony, though, is that I usually start thinking along those lines when I am strapped for cash and yet anothery "shiny object" has caught my eye. Then I find myself looking around and thinking, "if I hadn't spent all my money on this crap, I'd have the money I need now!"
Rolling Eyes

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 11:57 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I’m really really loving the look of Prof. ARKANSAS SMITH! I’m also really loving the two pictures you’v put together. I was wondering if you could please put a picture of Prof. ARKANSAS SMITH standing up and pop it in Adventurer Kitbash Thread. https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t9398-adventurer-kitbash-thread

Will try to oblige ASAP Alex! Glad you enjoyed my photos!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 3:19 am

Cool stuff... cheers lol! cheers

Nice pics! Very Happy

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 1:01 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Yes, I believe that I, too, have a "small" crystal skull around here somewhere:

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans 4260748562_6dde994233
Just taking another look at your great pic. and wondered if that could possibly be another sighting of ....of ELVIS loading that skull onto your jeep? Question

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 4:45 am

LeStryge wrote:

Just taking another look at your great pic. and wondered if that could possibly be another sighting of ....of ELVIS loading that skull onto your jeep? Question

The movie Bubba Ho-Tep (2002) offers a plausible explanation as to how Elvis could have survived... and a slightly less plausible storyline involving him with re-animated ancient Egyptian mummies. So in short.... yes, possible Elvis sighting!
Razz

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 5:04 am

Well he's certainly managed to slim down, and definitely had a bit of facial work done since his last official appearances....... lol!

PostSubject: Re: Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans   Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arkansas Smith and the Treasures of the Mayans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes & Random Pictures.-
Jump to: