ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz

Go down 
+12
No Face Fan.
Chip
Blondeactionman
LeStryge
Dreadnought
somekindajoe
Wolf_Soldier64
Rogue-Trooper
Captian action
inntruderr61
JohnnyE4
Gunner Munro
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 6:14 am

An unexpected visitor: Victorian era adventurer and man-out-of-time Charles 'Chas' Anderson has been, for the present at least, reassigned from BAM-HQ to SCU-HQ:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 51089568713_79ed6b087a_z

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 51089098069_1f0a025b18_z
"I say! Interesting literary choices they have here!"

AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 6:34 am

Love the figure and THAT magazine, ..(very clever ref. to KTC!) but I still hate that damned hat!  lol!

Have you flopped the pic. or just changed the hat around? The side that's turned up seems to change.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 6:57 am

LeStryge wrote:
Have you flopped the pic. or just changed the hat around? The side that's turned up seems to change.

I flipped the hat between poses. I tried the figure with other hats. I was hoping a pith helmet would work, but it just didn't quite look right. I may try snipping the thread that holds up the side brim. I have another hat I can try, but I seem to have temporarily misplaced it.

K-Troop made the magazine cover featuring his Kamiko character.

Dal sent the figure over from the UK. He originally had a custom made bowler hat on the figure that looked rather natty.

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 7:39 am

Okay Dave. I totally love the look of Victorian era adventurer and man-out-of-time Charles 'Chas' Anderson. I’m really loving his outfit.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 8:03 am

Chas looks right at home at SCU-HQ! and I see he has found some reading material too! bounce bounce bounce

Sabotage
Chip

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 3:13 pm

Love the magazine cover , his outfit looks fitting for the character , agree with Barry , think he would benefit from a better hat . Wink

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 4:31 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 51120293606_eea8b4a4e1_z
Emily and the Strangers

Ashton-Drake Emily the Strange doll action figure.

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:50 am

Looking good Dave! The teddy bear on the amp is a great touch. What is the small box by her feet? Is it some kind of 1/6 toy or board game box?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
What is the small box by her feet? Is it some kind of 1/6 toy or board game box?

It looks like a game board, huh? Just a pic I printed out from online. It was near at hand so I used it to suggest a bit of basement clutter.

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:05 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Love the figure and THAT magazine, ..(very clever ref. to KTC!) but I still hate that damned hat!  lol!

I think I have to send Dave some better hats I made out of felt that are too big for my female characters but will probably fit that character well.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:07 pm

LeStryge wrote:

KTC actually sent SCU the magazine cover and told him to use it as he pleases. Good to see he has found a constructive use for it.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 1:14 am

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 July4
Screaming Head

On the website where I found this action figure head - for cheap - it is identified only as "DiD Screaming Head." Apparently there are certain words, phrases, and names that can no longer be used online, even on hobby websites specializing in historical and military figures, without running the risk of being "de-platformed."

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 1:26 am

Nice pic. on Monkey Depot, it is listed as screaming Hitler head. The DiD Hitler figure came with two heads; one screaming, one not. The ones to always go first are the "not" screaming heads.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 1:35 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Nice pic.  on Monkey Depot, it is listed as screaming Hitler head.  

Not anymore. Now it's just a Screaming Head. That's where I found this one, while randomly looking through figure heads.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Head_DiD_Screaming_Head_No_Neck_Adaptor_p/dl2929.htm

The complete figure was really expensive when I saw it a few years ago. I kinda wanted one, because, y'know, Hogan's Heroes generation and all, but no way was I gonna pay hundreds of dollars.

I think the Screaming Head was only $21 when I bought it. Haven't seen the non-screaming version come up for sale. I would have preferred non-screaming, but... yeah, it must have been $21, because I remember thinking that for about twenty bucks, it was worth a gamble. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Probably... something along the lines of what you see here. Head in a jar type concept.

More likely, it will be head in the bottom of the spare parts box, never to be seen again.

Or... crazed Messerschmitt pilot! Shocked Like John Belushi in 1941, only... not American.

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 2:01 am

I'd thought of using the screaming Hitler head on some retro robotic body and having something like a laser weapon popping out of his chest...hence Robot Laser Hitler. Another idea that never came to fruition, largely for lack of a suitable robot body.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 2:14 am

I'd thought of using the screaming Hitler head on some retro robotic body and having something like a laser weapon popping out of his chest...hence Robot Laser Hitler.  Another idea that never came to fruition, largely for lack of a suitable robot body.  

Does this mean that you, too, own a Screaming Hitler head?

I think maybe this calls for... a band! Because The Screaming Hitlers would be an excellent name for a punk rock band, wouldn't it? cheers

I bet you could adapt the Screaming Hitler head... or even better, the Steel Ape Robotic Hitler head... to a body along the lines of the Action Man Toxic Robots.

I suppose you could pop the head on to an old Mister Machine toy to make Steampunk Schickelgrüber.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Mr_machine8
Photo hot-linked without permission from a random website

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 2:32 am

I don't have a screaming Hitler Head. I'm still debating if I should get one. My thoughts for the robot Hitler were inspired by this 28mm gaming figure.

https://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/prod.php?prod=279

The Screaming Hitlers would be good name for a band of Hitler Impersonators who play rock and roll version of Wagnerian operas for Neo-Nazis.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 2:50 am

The Screaming Hitlers would be good name for a band of Hitler Impersonators who play rock and roll version of Wagnerian operas for Neo-Nazis.  

cheers

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 3:04 am

Incidentally, I'm really liking the way my male pilot figure is turning out. I put a set of RAF wings (what the RAF calls a pilot brevet) on his chest and flight lieutenant ranks (equal to army captain) on his shoulders. I got these parted out at the same time as I got the flight helmet and they've bee awaiting a home ever since. I could have made him a Squadron Leader (equivalent to major) but wanted him to be a bit lower, as Laura will likely be the K-Troop Squadron Leader.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 8:06 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
What is the small box by her feet? Is it some kind of 1/6 toy or board game box?

It looks like a game board, huh? Just a pic I printed out from online. It was near at hand so I used it to suggest a bit of basement clutter.
The picture you used is one of the very famous "Dogs Playing Poker" by Cassius Marcellus Coolidge. (There are actually 18 of them.) They were commissioned in 1903 by Brown & Bigelow to advertise cigars. Almost as famous as Tretchikof's "Lady with the Green Face"....or that "Woodland Goddess" by J.H. Lynch, all of which pop up in our dioramas and photos here from time to time.

Last edited by LeStryge on Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 July4
Screaming Head

Dave this picture would totally work in black and white. Actually I think having it in black and white would definitely make it scary looking picture. But I also think it works in colour too. It’s definitely very different and I mean that in a good way.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 2:34 am

Preserved in a secret lab hidden in Antarctica!

cheers Twisted Evil cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 7:50 am

Great shot Dave! bounce bounce

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 4:13 am

Finally got "Bearded Man" aka Professor Victor Champion re-bodied on to a TBLeague M32 seamless body, replacing a no-name plastic body that kept falling apart.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 July16

The clothing he was previously wearing still fits, and now his arms are much less likely to randomly fall off.

The TBLeague (Phicen) body offers a greater range of motion and provides substantially more heft, so the figure stands and balances better than before.

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 4:17 am

I find TB league figures with detachable feet to be the most stable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: