ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz

Go down 
+12
No Face Fan.
Chip
Blondeactionman
LeStryge
Dreadnought
somekindajoe
Wolf_Soldier64
Rogue-Trooper
Captian action
inntruderr61
JohnnyE4
Gunner Munro
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
gibri
Admin
gibri

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 6:06 am

I think you've got her with the new version, spot on, I'd say, and while I do really like the original Kenna, I still can't quite get used to the bobble-head figures.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 pm

I spotted this number plate on a car yesterday. I think perhaps Doctor Evil was passing through town.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Muah_license

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2021 10:57 pm

Hey, what a great plate!
With the current idea of coded messages in plates, where you have to read some numbers as letters the get the meaning, I am forever puzzling over various combinations I see, imagining it must say something cryptic that I'm just not getting. Trouble is it probably doesn't. It's more likely to be just a random plate. But then I think I must be missing something because I don't see any word....
THAT one however, is perfectly plain, ....and EVIL! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Breeches Buoy
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 2:53 am

LeStryge wrote:
THAT one however, is perfectly plain, ....and EVIL!  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Most definitely! Especially since it's on a BMW. Probably someone who screws people for money.

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 12:30 am

A Grim Discovery:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 51630034970_c0c4e36806_z

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 1:11 am

Oh I like it....a lot, ....particularly the stretched necks!
And of course, just as in all the great horror movies, skeletons remain fully articulated even when all the connective tissue has decayed completely.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 1:41 am

LeStryge wrote:
.... just as in all the great horror movies, skeletons remain fully articulated even when all the connective tissue has decayed completely.

scratch Interesting observation. I suppose a pile of bones is not quite as scary; or at least not as visually engaging.

I believe, if I recall correctly, which we have come to realize is not a guarantee, in the 1961 film The Mysterious Island, when the castaways discover the skeletal remains of an exiled sea-farer, the bones are held together by the rotting fabric of his clothes, and a slight jostle of the remains sends everything collapsing in to a jumble of bones and dust.

I should put some clothes on the skeletons to make them more realistic.

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 8:08 am

Wow that’s is a really cool and scary set up there Dave you have put together. The lighting works perfectly.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 8:14 am

Great shot Dave! bounce bounce bounce

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 1:56 am

Ujindou Lt. Colonel Blair Mayne WWII SAS Action Figure:

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 6nova
Dashing Young Military Officer?

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 6novb
"Wait! Lemme get my hat! Much dashing-er with the hat, eh?"

This action figure is based on a real life British Special Forces fighter of World War Two named Paddy Mayne. Supposedly the figure represents Mayne in 1942, when he was fighting the Germans in North Africa. At the time, Mayne would have been 27 years old.

To me, this figure looks more like somebody easily twice that age. Maybe it's the way I've outfitted the figure. The complete set is very nice, and includes the white knit sweater and a bunch of cool army gear - belts and scabbards and a machine-gun. But still... does he really look like a war hero when he's wearing that sweater? (The sweater is based on a what Mayne is wearing in a widely published 1942 photo from North Africa.)

Rather than looking like a fit young soldier in his mid-twenties, to me this figure looks like your uncle on your dad's side who shows up on holidays, has a few drinks too many, tells some off-color jokes, and reminisces nostalgically about his days on the high school football team and his two-year stint in the army... when he was in the same unit in which Elvis had served.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 6novc

Then he hits on your sister's best friend and your dad asks him to leave.

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 6novd
"Let me remind you – I'm an officer and a... veteran!"

See you next Christmas, Uncle Blair!

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 3:32 am

I very much agree with you Dave on the perceived age of that figure.
If he's meant to be 27 then that desert sun has certainly taken its toll on him!

I almost bought one myself, (it does have some cool accessories as you mention) but decided against purchase due to already having more than enough bearded MAMs.
Great pics though, that capture exactly what you say.
P.S. Where did you get the girl's steampunk goggles?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 5:36 am

LeStryge wrote:

I almost bought one myself, (it does have some cool accessories as you mention) but decided against purchase due to already having more than enough bearded MAMs.

P.S. Where did you get the girl's steampunk goggles?

The beard gives the figure something of a "seafaring" look, which I like. The knit sweater adds to the effect. So even though I do not seem to be able to make him look like a rugged special services commando, I'm quite happy with him looking rather like a past-his-prime tramp steamer junior officer.

Several of the accessories are very cool, and quite detailed. He comes with a flare gun. To open the breech a tiny little clasp must be moved. And a Thompson sub-machine gun, with both a straight and a drum magazine. To install the drum magazine, the spring-loaded charging lever must be pulled back. Impressively realistic. There's a plastic dagger that is dangerously sharp, and a sheath that is flimsy vinyl of dubious durability. The binoculars are very nice, with clear "lenses" that offer a believably glasslike reflection. You can see the "enameled" cup and the tobacco pipe in the pics. A hand designed to hold the pipe is included - nice touch, I thought.

There are also some pretty lame accessories, including two pieces of string - I suppose they are meant to be some kind of ropes or lines or lanyards - and three little bits of cloth - one triangular, which I've used as a neckerchief, and two rectangular. No  instructions or diagrams are offered, so it's really a figure for the military enthusiast who knows what all the little bits are for. A fiddly little canvas belt pouch is provided, and a faux-leather holster for the flare gun. I've already managed to damage the clasp on the holster. The canvas belt itself is a disappointment, being of lower quality than most knock-off Action Man / Joe belts.

The steampunk goggles are from the Steampunk Red Sonja figure. In earlier pictures posted a few days ago, that figure is wearing a different, and not as well made, pair of steampunk goggles from a ridiculously overpriced "steampunk" costume I purchased on eBay several months ago, and later wished I hadn't.

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 6:16 am

Well yes, he's certainly got that grizzled "old man of the sea" happening, but as mentioned I already have a maritime adventurer (posted) that I'm very happy with and my storage only has room for so many designated "characters", plus the fact I have a lot of the Lanard bearded figures, in at least four different hair colours.
He's a great character though and I can see him easily fitting into various scenarios. The pipe is a really nice touch as you mention.

I think I'd consider a VERY weak tea bath for that blindingly white sweater though.
He doesn't look like the sort of bloke that would be too keen on laundry detail with whiteners.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 7:31 am

Great looking figure Dave, which I'm sure will go on to become a great character! bounce bounce

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 4:23 pm

LeStryge wrote:

I think I'd consider a VERY weak tea bath for that blindingly white sweater though.

That's a very good idea. Reducing the brightness of the sweater would be helpful from a photography standpoint, as bright whites can present challenges in exposure balance.

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 1:56 am

A receding hairline and a beard will make you look older, regardless of your age. The SAS fellows operating in the desert were notorious for their non-regulation look, and British officers in WWII were often very eccentrically dressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz   SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCU-HQ: Like, Whateverz
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: