ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOW RECRUITING!

Go down 
+4
Professor Gangrene Fan
inntruderr61
SlackElastic
Dreadnought
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 pm

I really really hope a mam or some other hero stops Doctor Evil’s dastardly plan to destroy the Phicens.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 1:11 am

affraid How did I miss all the updates to this storyline? The sequence with the Phicen skeletal diagrams is absolutely hilarious!
Razz Razz Razz

"Fragile Phicen snowflakes." "Silicone strumpet." lol!

And the bit where he swaps brains... because the green brain comes up with the most evil ideas... is a most amusing and clever use of the multiple Dr. Evil brains!

It looks like Doctor Evil must shop for some of his supplies at... Crate & Barrel! (Love that prison barrel!)

I'm glad this topic was bumped today.

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 5:53 am

Glad you caught up with the storyline Dave!
That green brain may come up with the most evil ideas, but it's apparently not so good at scientific formulae. His last batch of Toxic Sludge turned out to be dangerous to MAM, which was NOT the intention. So it's "back to the drawing board" as the saying goes!

More to come soon....(I'm afraid Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed !)
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 6:09 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
affraid  How did I miss all the updates to this storyline?

Just what I was thinking too Dave!!

Life really isn't black and white is it? Is Dr Evil the bad guy or are his intentions (if not his methods) good? We'd all root for the GI Joe/Action Man figures but I worry there'd be a riot at places like BAM and SKJ HQ if they had to give up their girly Phicens! affraid

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 8:04 am

somekindajoe wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
affraid  How did I miss all the updates to this storyline?  

Just what I was thinking too Dave!!

Life really isn't black and white is it? Is Dr Evil the bad guy or are his intentions (if not his methods) good? We'd all root for the GI Joe/Action Man figures but I worry there'd be a riot at places like BAM and SKJ HQ if they had to give up their girly Phicens! affraid

lol! lol! lol! lol! yeah that wouldn't go down to well here! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 2:44 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
 yeah that wouldn't go down to well here! cheers cheers
Undoubtedly!
Just think of the immense mess alone all over the AMMO Arms floor if Dr Evil's plan to release his once-perfected virulent anti-silicon virus succeeds!
There's certainly a lot of silicone to dissolve! affraid  affraid  affraid

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 CrrCTr

But on the brighter side, of course Jake would survive! lol!  lol!  lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 7:57 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:19 am

RECAP:

Dr. Evil's formula for dissolving the Phicens was supposed to be harmless to VAM and MAM, but upon testing it on his mind-enslaved Rogi, it burned him horribly.

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 DRwcXq

The terrible pain neutralised the effect of Dr Evil's MIND CONTROL MACHINE on Rogi, and he regained his will. Escaping from his cage, he seeks a way out of the old castle.

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 1wwCFW

NOW READ ON....!!!

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:24 am

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 LYwQrP

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 5lzSJC

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Bx5Bcn

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 F3Ua9y

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 BrCkjY

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 VSG0Rd

BE SURE TO READ ON....!!!

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:28 am

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 0bSxhT

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 TJywsn

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Um8yxy

NATURALLY THERE'S MORE EVIL TO COME....!!!

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:36 am

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 PgTXkO

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 RGu7Qa

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 OHEoeF

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 6koAgS

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 1brCd6

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 OWRl2L

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 QRv8Xj

WELL IT CERTAINLY DOESN'T END THERE....READ ON !!!

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:44 am

Meanwhile, in his Distillation Lab, Dr Evil has finally completely the concentrate that will reduce all Phicens to sludge and eliminate them forever.

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 F2UCPQ
Oh no! Just how is Dr Evil planning to release his highly destructive concoction onto those unsuspecting Phicens?
Will he introduce it into some common product, ...make up, a beverage even?
Something those primping Phicen dames use a lot of? Oh the unmitigated horror of the plan! No affraid
This bloke plays for keeps!

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 WbS2ml

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 NmQJy0

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Gq4Ipp

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Xgpacp

WILL ROGI EVER FIND A WAY TO ESCAPE....???

Last edited by LeStryge on Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 am

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 AnBnSh

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 GzAczE

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 6m0B6R

THE SITUATION HAS NOW BECOME DESPERATE FOR ROGI ! IS HE TO END UP IN THE TORTURE CHAMBER?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 2:57 am

MEANWHILE DR EVIL RETURNS TO HIS DEN...

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 T8uG0P

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Dkl3pL

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 74zqtD

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 UQDbbm

HAS ROGI FINALLY FOUND A WAY OUT OF HIS TORTUROUS PREDICAMENT, ......OR DOES THIS SHAFT JUST LEAD TO MORE TROUBLE?
DON'T MISS THE NEXT EXCITING DEVELOPMENT!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 am

BE SURE TO START READING EIGHT POSTS BACK at "RECAP" TO PICK UP THE STORY!!!

Rogi tries to make a break to freedom from his past suffering under the nefarious machinations of Dr Evil, his Mind Control Machine and the plot to destroy the Phicens forever.
He has successfully dissolved two of Dr Evil's brains in the very same Toxic Sludge that was tested on his own arm, causing most painful damage and disfigurement.
He senses escape is now just within his reach......when......... a sinister blue hand grasps his ankle
affraid  affraid  affraid

NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 DEkSBk

IS THIS CURTAINS FOR ROGI? DR EVIL KNOWS ROGI MUST HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE DISAPPEARANCE OF HIS OTHER TWO BRAINS.
ROGI CANNOT RETURN THEM NOW!
DOES THAT BED IN THE TORTURE CHAMBER AWAIT A NEW OCCUPANT?

Last edited by LeStryge on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 8:07 am

Great installment! will he escape???? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 10:23 am

Thanks Dal! This thing seems to have taken on a life of its own now!
Glad to have built up some suspense.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 4:12 pm

lol! lol! Fantastic!

You're use of backdrops works very well....and saves on dio building! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 8:24 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
You're use of backdrops works very well....and saves on dio building! lol! lol!
Glad you enjoyed it SKJ!
Yes, to build each and every dio would take an eternity, and many would be used just the once.
Even movies don't do that now, it's mostly green-screen and I've also seen more and more theatrical productions using large LED screens on stage for the scenery.
Then of course there would be the storage problem for all those dios.
I do have a few smaller set 3D pieces that I use regularly, but I like to work quickly on a story and "backdropping" is the only way to do that.
Even this last bit of my comic, right from the recap onwards ...(about 30 pics in all), took a whole day to set-up, position, shoot, select and re-size the photos , border and caption and then upload first to the photo-hosting site, then on to AMMO.

You still have to find suitable pictures, often re-size and crop them, remove any unwanted elements and ensure that they sit at the right level and your lighting agrees with the shadows in the background. I also like to unify the background with something in the foreground to tie it all together and visually diffuse the join between reality and 2D.
Not quite a simple as it may sound, but it does give you a lot more scope.
For instance, we don't get snow here, but I can easily do a snow scene visually.....and all the while in the comfort of being inside. (Well under air conditioning perhaps!)
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 1:09 pm

I have not that long finished reading the new chapters. Enjoyed reading them.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Wow! Great stuff! cheers cheers cheers
Enjoying this thread! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 9:21 pm

Thanks so much Alex and Jim!
The series was a lot of fun to do and in truth I intended to end it this time, but as I was shooting the last frames the story just took on a life of its own.
Now there will have to be "further developments"! What a Face
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 4:42 pm

Epic fun happening here!

I’m on moblile device at the moment, will comment in more depth once I’m back at a keyboard!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 3:38 am

Fantastic work Barry!!!

You were really on a roll there. I read all the new installments, moved on to another thread and when I came back you had added even more -- cool! Really loved reading every panel of this story and am selfishly delighted it isn't over.

Great work!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 4:29 am

Thanks Brian!
Oh I fear there are a few more bad times for poor Rogi* yet even though two of Dr. Evil's brains have now been dissolved!
Hopefully for Rogi's sake one of the brains was the sadistic one that enjoys the torturing of victims?

*(And yes, for anyone who was wondering about Rogi's name, it IS the reverse of IGOR who always seemed to be the assistant of Dr Frankenstein or some other evil scientist in all those B-Grade movies!
Not exactly "clever" I know, but I meant it as kind of an "in" joke.)

Trouble with a series such as this one is that it does take so damned long to do!
I keep promising myself that I'll toe the AMMO/VAM/MAM line and do a "military" story. You know with uniforms and guns.....both commodities of which I seem to have more than an ample supply, but somehow I always end up doing fantasies.
Hidden dinosaur valleys, archeological expeditions, steampunk time-machines, Old West, Egyptian tombs, undersea treasure, sharks, urban life even.....everything but military action.
Have no idea why, ....because WWII is a favourite period for me to read about or watch movies set therein, particularly the war in the Pacific.
The vegetation here even lends itself to such a picture story.

Maybe, just maybe it's the fear of getting some small aspect of the uniforms wrong. You only have to read the reviews of movies on Amazon to see the vitriol heaped upon some film that committed the unpardonable sin of leaving some tiny detail off a uniform or showing something that someone will pick up on as being incorrect.
And I don't mean all those sunglasses and wrist watches being worn by Roman soldiers! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOW RECRUITING!   NOW RECRUITING! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOW RECRUITING!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Comics & Photo Stories :: 1/6 Scale Comics & Stories-
Jump to: