ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'

Go down 
+8
Danthecoat
ghost recon
ak615
Professor Gangrene Fan
somekindajoe
BAMComix
inntruderr61
AManfromcoalville
12 posters
AuthorMessage
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Empty
PostSubject: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Good grief - this one dates back to 2011.  Ahem, time flies and other cliches!  

I'm really keen on the MAM NoFace figure and wanted to see if I could find a way to weave him into the vintage stories and came up with this...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  TwoTorchesPosterEdges

G.I. Joe has been sent the original diary of Captain Theuriau. Joe becomes engrossed in a very real account of day to day life and adventures in the French Foreign Legion.

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Livre

The Captain (Below left) was the Great, Great Grandfather of Mélissa Theuriau, the French journalist, and broadcaster.

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  CaptainDiary

However, his diary entries end mysteriously,  after he and a trooper are assigned to retrieve artifacts from an abandoned fort in the Sahara desert.

Le 30 Mai. 'La chaleur est arrogante et nous arrivons.... at the fort.  There is a strange atmosphere about this place, and I have a terrible sense of foreboding!'

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Fortupahead

'Nous devons récupérer les bijoux d'un coffret vert.  That is the only information that we have - the jewels are in the basement of the old infirmary.  The normal ways of entry were sealed, and passage ways 'detonated' when the legion retreated, and abandoned the fort many years ago.  We have to find another way below ground to the burial chamber.'

Joe is completely captivated, and before he has even completed reading the diary, he decides on impulse to visit the abandoned fort.  There are codes, passwords and a map contained in the diary.

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Map

G.I. Joe loads up the ATV, and heads for the local dockyard.  Adventure is out there!

He continues reading enthralled...

Le 31 Mai.  'Finalement, nous avons trouvé une voie en bas... At last, a way down to the old burial grounds. I lowered Jean-Paul with a rope....'

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Firstdescent2

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Firstdescent3

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Firstdescent4

On board ship, the ATV securely lashed below deck, Joe sails towards his destiny!  

That night, alone in his berth, Joe has a restless night.  As he neared his destination, images from the diary returned again, and again, to haunt his sleeping hours.
He had realised that the Captain's last entry was made on the thirty-first of May, and it had emotionally described the fate of his comrade, Jean-Paul.  

G.I. Joe imagined Jean-Paul, struggling alone in the dark, his Captains voice fading into the distance, the trooper lights his torch, and illuminates the damp walls...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Legionairreenlightenment-1

Abandoning his torch, he had to force his way through a collapsed tunnel...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Tunnelsweat-1

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Tunnelrumble-1

Earthquake!  His Legionnaire training paid off, and he calmly continued on his way...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Tunelsweattwo

Strange underground lights seemed to dazzle and beguile him.  He came to a rope bridge...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  OvertheFFLbridge

In the distance, on the far side, he could make out a rope ladder

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Overthebridge2

He ascended the ladder hoping that it would lead to the ante-chamber, and the sarcophagus that contained what they had been ordered to retrieve!

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Overthebridge2

He was in luck.  Instinctively, he gently ran his fingers over the bottom of the coffin... they triggered a secret button.  The top slid back to reveal a fortune in gems!

He filled his back pack with the jewels...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  FFLJewelthief2-1

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  FFLJewelthief-1

Something didn't seem right, and as he left the chamber, he realised he was trembling, he sensed something... something unreal...

He  made his way, back towards the rope bridge...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  BackovertheFFLbridge2-1

Meanwhile, back in the crypt... something had been brought back to life....

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Mummyfromcasket-1

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Mummyonthemove

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Mummyonthemove2-1

Panic gripped Jean-Paul...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Mummybridge1

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  BackovertheFFLbridge

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  BackovertheFFLbridge3

Jean-Paul and his Captain were never seen again.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 am

AWESOME Jim! Lovin the pics! cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:54 am

wow Jim what a fantastic beginning to an adventure !!. Great photos and great use of the No face figure cheers . Really looking forward to the next installment Jim cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 am

A great photostory from the forum's ancient archives..well 2011 anyway.

No wonder No-Face is evil. A few thousand years trapped in that very snug sarcophagus would make anyone a bit grumpy.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:38 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 am

Don't worry Dal, No-Face is going to meet a grizzly end (again) real soon!
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for the comments, folks - much appreciated. Part deux soon!

'No wonder No-Face is evil. A few thousand years trapped in that very snug sarcophagus would make anyone a bit grumpy.'

lol! lol! lol!

Remember the ***** like small rodents such as mice has malleable bones which enable them to conform to the tightest of spaces - a few thousend years is but a snooze to him - le petit morte!

'No-Face is going to meet a grizzly end (again) real soon!'

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Looking forward to this! He's died so many times he must feel quite re incarnated!!!!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Wow, wow, wow I think that was outstanding story AManfromcoalville!!!!!!! I think the your photography is fantastic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy, your close up shots of your G.I. Joe forcing his way through a collapsed tunnel are are are just outstanding!!! I think you have fond a great way to weave him into the vintage story using No-Face as the mummy was is a great idea, I think No-Face definitely looks the part.

I'm definitely looking very much forward to part 2 and seeing No-Face is meeting a grizzly end.

OUTSTANDING WORK AManfromcoalville!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Tres bien mon ami! Fantastique!

Richard
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!' Part Two   The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 pm

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  BackovertheFFLbridge3

Jean-Paul and his Captain were never seen again.

The first clue that Joe found to help him realise that he was on the correct trail was a Legionnaires cap, and Kepi.

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Foundahatcopy

The next clue - a rumbling of the ground beneath him, convinced him he had come to the right place!

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Foundhatrumblecopy-1

Joe had done his research well. The information contained in the wall paintings confirmed it.

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  InscriptionFinalPosterEdges

Looking closely, Joe saw a drawing in the painting of someone he had no wish to meet... Jehanri, a Pharaoh's personal bodyguard.

Way back in time, Prince Pepihumen, would have been the youngest, ruling pharaoh in history. His enemies poisoned him when he was seven years old.
His body guard, and personal protector, Jehanri, vowed to rip off his own face, so that he could pursue the enemies of his Royal Master, through-out the after-life, undetected, and unrecognizable.

Whilst the body of the young Prince was being prepared for burial, Jehanri, kept his vow, and removed his own face. As he lay fading from this world, the undertakers carried out his previous instructions to melt his bones, wrap them in bandages, and intern them in a tiny coffin, alongside his beloved master.

It is said, that the curse uttered whilst the coffin was sealed, would enable Jehanri to resume his former strength, but with a rodents ability to get through the tiniest cracks in the pavements and walls.

Joe made his way towards the underground lights..

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  PosterEdgeTorch

The narrow passageways were next...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  TunnelJoe

Joe halted, as the ground and walls began to rumble...

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  TunnelJoethree

Joe came to the rope bridge, and began to feel uncomfortable as he picked up a broken spade, and realised who the last person to have used it was... and there on the bridge, was the prize...

A military back pack crammed with gems... a bonus for the local museum scientists!

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  BagOJewels

Joe was half way back across the bridge when he sensed he was in trouble! BIG trouble!

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Chase

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Chase2

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Escape2

His only resource was the spade. He waited for The Mummy to get nearer... and nearer... then with all his strength, he turned and powered the implement towards his assailant!

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Joeturns

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Joeturns2

It worked... at least, for a moment or two, the thing was knocked off balance....

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Clang

giving Joe the invaluable time to gain ground, and power the ATV back into action!

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Joesarrival

He was steaming home, as fast as those wheels would let him!!!! Another narrow escape by G.I. Joe?

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  NoFacelivre

SPECIAL MENTION. Joes' hair by FLOCKTASTIC - and he is!!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:37 pm

No Face c`est diabolique affraid
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:19 am

Merci buckets mon amies!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:21 am

Outstanding Part Two of The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace! story AManfromcoalville, your photography and your close up shots are fantastic still on Part Two. Your G.I.Joe handing a military back pack crammed with gems to the local museum scientists was a very great thing to do.

Outstanding Part Two AManfromcoalville!!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:13 am

awesome mate, most enjoyable my friend. Great photos too cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Great art work & fantastic work. Really clever in how you have done this.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:23 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

We have so many talented people here and thats great for a Vamaholic like myself Smile

Great stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
REDDOG1
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
REDDOG1

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 pm

I rememeber this just as awsome as the first time around......
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Nice work Jim! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:38 am

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

Cheers Mate!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Walter1965
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Outstanding!! Thanks for sharing your story board.....You are much braver than I using live fire....Great affects..!! Walter cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Walts-16-figures-746793052029123/
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:42 am

Vive le NoFace...

I'm not sure I want to know what happened to Joe when he got home. affraid affraid affraid

I love these NoFace comics, Jim, they are each masterpieces in their own right, but I do need to say that it is a little troubling with NoFace getting the better of Joe or Action Man every time! Evil or Very Mad Wink Twisted Evil

Brian
cheers lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'    The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of G.I.Joe - 'L'origine de NoFace!'
Page 1 of 1