ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joe reaches the big five-O

Go down 
+10
Professor Gangrene Fan
FIELD STATION 42
JohnnyE4
BAMComix
Gunner Munro
blackbrazen
Jet-
inntruderr61
Sparkys6887
Rustygun
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:

I didn't realise that Marx did military figs - All I ever saw as a kid were the Knights and the Cowboys here in the UK . I've had Stoney Smith on my e-bay watch for ever list. lol!

Same here Steve! Marx seems to have been only Western and Knights in the UK in the 60's. Maybe Stoney Smith was never sold here.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 11:47 pm

I'm not familiar with those figures. I don't think they were ever released here, but I must say they look great!
Particularly like the Civil War blokes and those knights are really special! Great detail there too.
Are they as tall as Joe or smaller?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 12:46 am

Impressive Marx collection! Tough to find these guys in good condition!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 2:55 am

somekindajoe wrote:
Gunner Munro wrote:

I didn't realise that Marx did military figs - All I ever saw as a kid were the Knights and the Cowboys here in the UK . I've had Stoney Smith on my e-bay watch for ever list. lol!

Same here Steve! Marx seems to have been only Western and Knights in the UK in the 60's. Maybe Stoney Smith was never sold here.

Same for me on this side of the pond, but the only one I even knew about was the Secret Agent figure with the trench coat. I was obsessed with trench coats at the time. I actually thought the figure was based on Patrick McGoohan/Danger Man, or as we knew him here, Secret Agent

Barry, they are 1/6th/12 inch figures. You can see one posed next to a Joe in one of Nate's threads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 6:44 am

gibri wrote:
Barry, they are 1/6th/12 inch figures. You can see one posed next to a Joe in one of Nate's threads.
Thanks Brian! They are new to me.
The legs attachments to the body look like those more common smaller figures and the moulded on clothing also.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:34 pm

DNA tests are very popular lately so Joe thought he'd take one for his 50th but as he's plastic I had to supply the sample. lol!

When the results came back it turns out we're mostly English, no surprise there, very little Scots, Welsh, Irish (surprising how low that was), a sizeable North Western European percentage and who'da thunk it.. the third largest ethnicity, Eastern European! No surprise for Comrade Joe and honestly not that much of a surprise for me.

Even as a kid I could tell my maternal great grandmother wasn't quite 'Kosher', now I know I should have been calling her Babooska!lol!  As I've said before I was always interested in everything Eastern European and it's my favourite holiday destination now days. I guess my inner Slav has always been trying to get out!

A real surprise as far as the DNA results go was something that must have tagged along with the Eastern European. The final 0.8% was 'Central Asian' (Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan) affraid

Joe was thinking 'cool' like ex-KGB agent Uzbeki 'Boris the Blade'

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 1468662906-400px-Snatch-M1911-A12

,,but as Hank reminded him, the most famous celebrity from that part of the world is Kazakhstan journalist Borat!

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Page-1

...and yesterday Joe thought losing the photo of the month Competition to a MAM doing the hoovering was going to be hard to live down!lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Oh My EYE"D MY EYE'S affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:57 pm

JohnnyE4 wrote:
Oh My EYE"D MY EYE'S affraid affraid affraid

I totally agree with you Johnny.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 9:11 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 4:24 am

I am sorry but it must be said. 
Poor Joe!
Although he looks really good in most of his many uniforms, he cuts something of a sad looking figure when naked, or almost so.  No
(Once seen, never unseen as regards to that "mankini" ! No)
Maybe it's those strangely huge "beach-ball" hip joints he has, or that weird pelvis bit but he's definitely no Naked Adonis.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 8:44 am

Not the first time Joe has been accused of having big balls

lol! lol!

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 9:24 am

Beatlefan wrote:
Not the first time Joe has been accused of having big balls

lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Happy 50th birthday Joe!

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 DSCF5012-zps2jhcubkt

Well I say birthday but I suppose it's technically the 50th anniversary of him reporting for duty at SKJ HQ (Then known as 'Steve's toys') but who back then could have drempt he'd still be around all these years later? To my 9 year old self  50 years would have seemed an impossibly long period of time and '2020' would have sounded like the date in a Sci-Fi movie but they made them tough at Palitoy back then and Joe really was 'Made in England...Built to last!'

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Page-1

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Page-2

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Page-3

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Page-4

..and here's to the next 50 years!

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Smiles2
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 9:28 pm

lol! lol! lol! Terrific stuff Steve! and of course, Happy 50th Birthday to Joe! and to his fifty year service at skj hq! here's to another 50! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Happy Birthday Joe

don't forget to eat the cream filling from that CAKE Smile
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 12:45 am

I'm sure Joe will be around in 50 years.

Don't know about his "present," though. It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

As you note in your comments, it would have been almost impossible to imagine that we'd still be playing with our Joes and Action Men in 50 years. I wish I still had my original guy. Sold him to a collector, probably 20 years ago. Since he went in to a collection, I'm hoping he's alive and thriving. I like to think so. Your guy proves it can be done!

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 11:19 am

Happy 50th Birthday Joe! Hope you have many more missions ahead of you.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Happy 50th Joe!!!

It looks like the full-bodied TB figure arrived in time for the party, looking good! bounce bounce

Those smiles look so realistic, but, somehow a little creepy and unsettling...and it looks a bit strange to see Hank smiling, but then again, that's probably the same smile he has when he lands an uppercut into a MAM...

and what's that little interplay between the blonde AM and the girl in the grey sweats? These background events always add to your stories.

cheers bounce cheers

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 5:26 pm

gibri wrote:

and what's that little interplay between the blonde AM and the girl in the grey sweats? These background events always add to your stories!

For the split second everyone thought Cake-girl pulling an AK-47 was an assassination attempt, Bruce very wisely followed his training and grabbed sweatpants girl as a human shield. For some strange reason she took offence! Rolling Eyes

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 6:34 pm

Happy 50th Joe!

An exemplary career at SKJ HQ, a role model and pillar of the community.

Hope he "enjoys" his birthday present, he'll have his hands full there Shocked

Great story Steve lol! lol!

Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Volgan10
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 6:37 pm

Tom K is wondering want your 9 yr old self would have thought of the team of almost nude femme fatales to play with... Razz

Tom K says "Happy 50th Anniversary Joe, here's to another 50 years of fun and adventure... Wink"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe reaches the big five-O   Joe reaches the big five-O - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe reaches the big five-O
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2