ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March’s photo of the month.

Go down 
+2
FIELD STATION 42
Professor Gangrene Fan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 8:22 am

With respect here Barry, there isn't exactly any private parts on display, just a clever use of camera angles, not really any worse than what happens in movies or even TV ads?
I do however, feel that my pic has no chance of winning now either lol! , but sometimes that's they way the comp goes. I cannot stop you from pulling you're pic, but I do hope you don't and just enjoy the silliness of this month's photo comp cheers
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 8:52 am

Hahaha nice one Gibri lol! lol!

It was not my intention to either shock anyone  ( I was careful to ensure that camera angles and strategically placed arms covered everything  ) nor to take votes from the more sensible and let's be honest..much better planned and laid out pictures.

My pic is supposed to be just a bit of fun and not something to vote for. If it has caused offence I will withdraw it and delete it from this thread and add it to my collection thread instead.

Chris

Last edited by Rogue-Trooper on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 9:33 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:

It was not my intention to either shock anyone  ( I was careful to ensure that camera angles and strategically placed arms covered everything  ) nor to take votes from the more sensible and let's be honest..much better planned and layed out pictures.

My pic is supposed to be just a bit of fun and not something to vote for. If it has caused offence I will withdraw it and delete it from this thread and add it to my collection thread instead.

I don't think there is any need for that Chris, Ammo has always been about fun, and lets face it, all these pics are, is harmless fun bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:

It was not my intention to either shock anyone  ( I was careful to ensure that camera angles and strategically placed arms covered everything  ) nor to take votes from the more sensible and let's be honest..much better planned and laid out pictures.

Thanks Chris, yeah, just for laughs. I certainly don't expect anyone to take my pic seriously. I think your pic is great! lol! lol! lol!

And I think there is one thing we can all agree on...

...we blame Dal. Twisted Evil lol! lol! lol! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 2:46 pm

gibri wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

Thanks Chris, yeah, just for laughs. I certainly don't expect anyone to take my pic seriously. I think your pic is great! lol! lol! lol!

And I think there is one thing we can all agree on...

...we blame Dal. Twisted Evil lol! lol! lol! Twisted Evil

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 10:44 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
With respect here Barry, there isn't exactly any private parts on display, just a clever use of camera angles, not really any worse than what happens in movies or even TV ads?
I do however, feel that my pic has no chance of winning now either lol! , but sometimes that's they way the comp goes. I cannot stop you from pulling you're pic, but I do hope you don't and just enjoy the silliness of this month's photo comp cheers

Dal, ...Dal,.......seriously? The post was a lampoon! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
My tongue was VERY firmly planted in my cheek the whole time!
I thought it was only our American friends that didn't do irony or satire?
And the complete irony of the whole thing being that DAVE (an American) seems to be the only bloke who "got it"!

I do understand that tone and how things are being said are difficult to convey on the net but I was not being even in the slightest "serious"!
In truth I honestly cannot believe anyone would even consider such a huge heap of BS as such!
I believe the word in the UK is "piss-take"? Or is it "taking the piss"?
I thought the inclusion of a few "lols" emoticons would indicate that for sure?

My whole post was meant as one huge joke full of big ostentatious words.
Of course I thought the pics in question were a "bit of fun".
Here in Oz we often use exaggeration and hyperbole to indicate exactly the opposite.

All that being said however, don't imagine for one moment I won't try something similar in future competitions if one of those particularly themed shots happens to get up and win though! lol! lol! lol! lol!
"Sex Sells" as they say, and any astute competitor ALWAYS ascertains which way the wind is currently blowing.......! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by LeStryge on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 11:02 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Chris, and Gibri, Fellers, PLEASE read my above reply to Dal.

Cheez, ....I didn't know that my little bit of satire would be taken so seriously at face value!
It was meant to be a funny reaction to the new direction that seems to have sneaked into the comp.
I was laughing to myself the whole time I wrote it and kept thinking of even more "outrage" to include.

Let me put it clearly, and with no joking this time. I was in NO WAY offended or complaining about any of the pics. NOT AT ALL!
(Fooled ya? Wink Wink Wink )
I was deliberately affecting such a pompous stance to try to give people a bit of a laugh!
Must be losing my touch? Always been told I have a good sense of humour and it takes FAR more than the likes of either pic to cause me even the slightest upset.
I'm certainly no prude for real nudity in the flesh so to speak, let alone an inanimate piece of plastic!.

But as I said above, if this new trend proves a winning one, don't imagine I won't hesitate to give it a go myself sometime in the future! lol! lol! lol! lol!
You have been warned! lol! lol! lol!
Think I might have used up my quota of emoticons?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 12:47 am

LeStryge wrote:

And the complete irony of the whole thing being that DAVE (an American) seems to be the only bloke who "got it"!

I believe the word in the UK is "piss-take"? Or is it "taking the piss"?

Taking the piss, yes! Razz I learned that phrase from a friend who grew up in Folkestone, or "bottom right on the map of England," as he used to call it.

Uhm... my maternal grandmother's parents were from Leeds in northern England, so maybe that's the explanation. scratch

Guys, I think we may need to pool our resources and send Barry a Phicen? What d'ya say? geek

(I believe BAM's reply was also a bit tongue-in-cheek, as attested to by the lol!. As the head admin of the site, sometimes he has to be extra cautious and make sure that jokes are indeed jokes, because, sadly, in this Unenlightened Age, all it takes is one disgruntled complainer to a hosting service provider to bring all kinds of hellfire down upon an innocent forum.)

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 12:59 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Guys, I think we may need to pool our resources and send Barry a Phicen? What d'ya say? geek
Dave, and there was I about to praise your astuteness even further and then you come up with a nasty suggestion like that!  Evil or Very Mad
What is that? "HATE MAIL"? lol! lol! lol!

Save your money, ...... remember MY Dr Evil's nefarious plot against the Phicens (sounds like an alien race from another planet!) is still in action and he's never been caught.  No

In truth I am STILL trying to wrap my head around how anyone could have ever taken what I wrote as being serious! Crazy Crazy  Crazy
Oh well, at least I caused a bit of a stir here on AMMO?
Things have been a little quiet of late.

SCU_HQ wrote:
all it takes is one disgruntled complainer to a hosting service provider to bring all kinds of hellfire down upon an innocent forum.)
I have since added a disclaimer under my original post just to make absolutely sure!
I know it's my own little joke but ROFPMLATM!  Laughing

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 1:14 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Dave, and there was I about to praise your astuteness even further and then you come up with a nasty suggestion like that!  Evil or Very Mad
What is that? "HATE MAIL"?
. . .
Save your money, ...... remember MY Dr Evil's nefarious plot against the Phicens (sounds like an alien race from another planet!) is still in action and he's never been caught.  No

Razz Just 'taking the piss,' mate!

Dr. Evil will need subjects for his experiments, yes? Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 2:03 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Razz  Just 'taking the piss,' mate!
As I was even then! Is it an Australian thing? I'm beginning to think so!

SCU_HQ wrote:
Dr. Evil will need subjects for his experiments, yes? Twisted Evil
Dr Evil has now completely perfected and tested his formula and as you have no doubt seen evidenced back in my "Now Recruiting" post, it works perfectly!
China is already infected and you know how quickly anything from there can spread globally, but am I right in believing that China is where those Phicens are manufactured?

Already there is evidence of panic buying and talk of shutting down all flights from there to try to protect local stocks.
The manufacturers recently made a futile attempt to stave off the effect by changing the name of their figures but it has not done anything at all to slow the effects of Dr Evil's dastardly plan.
Some other method will have to be conceived if those things are to survive.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 2:38 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Razz  Just 'taking the piss,' mate!
As I was even then! Is it an Australian thing? I'm beginning to think so!

As was I by saying I was! Razz

(This conversation is becoming extremely 'meta.' Or... the piss is getting pretty deep in here! Shocked ) drunken

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 3:21 am

Never mind....

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 4:33 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Or... the piss is getting pretty deep in here! Shocked ) drunken
The urinal runneth over.......!!! Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 7:05 pm

My entire for this months photo of the month.
March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 B36-B3144-6-BD9-4-E3-B-B230-D9559-A8-E2775

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 pm

Alex, it's a beauty!
I really like outdoor shots, and that tree trunk make such an amazing background.
I'm imagining all sorts of things could live in those little caves.
Perfect focus and colour too!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 7:56 am

LeStryge wrote:
Alex, it's a beauty!
I really like outdoor shots, and that tree trunk make such an amazing background.
I'm imagining all sorts of things could live in those little caves.
Perfect focus and colour too!

Thank you very much for your high praise comments LeStryge.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 9:45 am

Well, it's been an interesting photo comp! now let's see who wins! vote for your winner here,

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t10803-marchs-photo-of-the-month-vote-open#142602

Best of luck everyone! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March’s photo of the month.   March’s photo of the month. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March’s photo of the month.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2