ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Breeches Buoy
Glidah Drivah

Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure   Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 12:43 pm

I just bought the 20 year old Navy (anti-aircraft) gunner set. Immediately took it out of the box!

Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 4415680-D-8-BEC-40-C8-A4-FF-116-BBC14-CAE1

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure   Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 12:50 pm

You immediately took it out of the box! That’s completely the right thing to do Glidah Drivah Very Happy.

Breeches Buoy
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure   Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 12:57 pm

My guess is the ODF guy is also a time capsule in that the box is most likely double stamped Hasbro and Kenner. I believe his weapon was the only FN FAL/SLR you could get until the Action man 40th Line was released.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure   Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 5:38 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
I just bought the 20 year old Navy (anti-aircraft) gunner set. Immediately took it out of the box!

What an amazingly cool piece! Shocked Unboxing something like that would have been a tough call for me because of the scarcity and (I assume) value, but wow, what a fun piece to play with and set up dioramas with!

Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure   Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 11:37 pm

You have to live life "out-of-the-box".  cheers cheers cheers
Fantastic set! I'd be tempted too suspend a few models of the Nakajima Ki-84 from the ceiling to provide those boys with a target!

Action Pilot
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure   Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 12:52 pm

First time I've read this thread.

I have to admit, I can't stand to see a figure trapped in the box.

Although, I have a tendency to free them from one prison to another.
After I open them, I put them in a plastic bag to make sure all the bits
are kept together, and to shield them from dust.

But I do take them out from time to time, just to maybe look them
over or to take photos of them.

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
ASTRONAUGHT
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure   Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 4:35 am

Frankly, I did not get into this hobby to MIB figures or carded sets, put them on display somewhere, and do nothing else with them. The only value of these things to me is how cool they are and how they can be used to create and tell stories through photography. They are an extension of my creativity...of myself. They were meant to be take out of the bloody box!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure   Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figure or Guy? Musings over a Mint in Box Action Figure
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: G.I.Joe - America's Movable Fighting Man - 1964 -1969 / Adventure Team 1970 - 1976 :: G.I.Joe (1995 -2005)-
Jump to: