ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!

Go down 
+7
Joe90
Sgt_Elias
BAMComix
ghost recon
inntruderr61
AManfromcoalville
SlackElastic
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Empty
PostSubject: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 pm

picked up from the local dump. a vintage bookcase with sliding glass doors for £10, original oil on canvas for £1, and a fishtank ornament for £2...

made card backdrops from a book from the charity chop called 'Great Front Pages : D-Day to Victory 1944-1945 .. one for sale here..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Book-Great-Front-Pages-D-Day-to-Victory-1944-1945-/281011014797?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item416d8fcc8d

by sticking the pages and clippings on some cardboard... the figures were getting lost into the dark wood without it.. and it came out great... chose a few cool headlines and doodlebug pictures... looks great!!

Got a 40th Fallschirmjager which was on a 40th BPEE (being a pre 1976 VAMer I almost fell into a coma!) I did the sensible thing and grabbed my bearded Indian out of the Slackabinet.. nicked the polka-dot scarf from the Go-Kart driver.. ditched the shockingly bad 40th German belt, whipped on some gloves and a back pack and I think the Fallschlakjager looks great.. especially stood in front of my new oil on canvas backdrop...

What a great day.... although now it has dawned on me that I actually live in an Action Man Museum?!

So, I proudly announce the opening of my dedicated WWII Vam BookCase... 'The Slackabinet II'

...didn't expect that when I put the kettle on this morning!!

hope you enjoy and get yourself down the charity furniture shops and the Dump pronto!!

Smile

Slack

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8487016222_6fe4b7d04c
Slackase1 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8485925467_927e2a0236
Slackase3 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8485926265_b6629aa984
Slackase2 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8487016748_c770e999f5
Fallschlackjager by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

a good day for it I think Smile

Smile
Slack

Last edited by SlackElastic on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

cheers cheers cheers Gooooooooooa......la!!!!!! What a result! Good for you!

And good for me - I've been humming and airring about which Rod album to put in a frame on the wall along with 'Every picture tells a story.' 'Never a dull moment' looks brilliant - Good day all round! lol!
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

AManfromcoalville wrote:

cheers cheers cheers Gooooooooooa......la!!!!!! What a result! Good for you!

And good for me - I've been humming and airring about which Rod album to put in a frame on the wall along with 'Every picture tells a story.' 'Never a dull moment' looks brilliant - Good day all round! lol!

get those LP covers up!!

makes me laugh looking at Rod in his armchiar.. from my armchair!! affraid
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:39 am

Nice pickup! Everything looks fantastic! cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 am

Well a certain someone seems to be rather gifted at getting Slackabinets to wind up at his door now does't he?! It's another great piece Grand Master Slacksparov.
I have admired now for such a long time , your creativity , Your humour & your forward thinking. You are true asset to any forum & I feel very pleased to have witnessed your productions & narration that accompanies them. This whole slackabinet idea , as I have always said , is a sheer stroke of genius my friend. Pure class no less !
In all honesty Grand Master Slacksparov , with of course NO humour attached to the fact. You are a very fine scholar within this field. An absolute priceless addition to any forum. So I thank you for all those wonderous dioramas , the humour & for being , THE one & only Grand MASTER Slacksparov !

PS: Your also a lucky bugger !
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:55 am

very nice slack, I especially like the idea of using the newspaper headlines as a back drop, very clever thinking indeed my friend. Also that oil painting is spectacular and looks awesome with the vam in front of it. Top Job mate. So when does the slack museum open?? cheers
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 pm

ghost recon wrote:
Well a certain someone....

Thanks Ade, it's nice that we can all enjoy the brouhaha!! I think the luck comes from the hours of bimbling around being unlucky... but every now and then the planets do line up and you know you have to strike!! And more than anything it keeps me busy and off the streets.... just wish it would also keep me off ebay too!! affraid

more to come, as always!! Twisted Evil

Smile
Slack
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:15 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
So when does the slack museum open?? cheers

Dal, It's open everyday!! entrance fee is a bottle of Captain Morgan!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:21 pm

ghost recon wrote:
Well a certain someone seems to be rather gifted at getting Slackabinets to wind up at his door now does't he?! It's another great piece Grand Master Slacksparov.
I have admired now for such a long time , your creativity , Your humour & your forward thinking. You are true asset to any forum & I feel very pleased to have witnessed your productions & narration that accompanies them. This whole slackabinet idea , as I have always said , is a sheer stroke of genius my friend. Pure class no less !
In all honesty Grand Master Slacksparov , with of course NO humour attached to the fact. You are a very fine scholar within this field. An absolute priceless addition to any forum. So I thank you for all those wonderous dioramas , the humour & for being , THE one & only Grand MASTER Slacksparov !

I don't think it could be said any better than Ade's put it, absolutely amazing Oh wise and wonderful Slack just amazing, thanks for sharing cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Nicely done, Slack-O-Matic

I'm infatuated with your television-slash-radio set. I currently have an RCA VR60 radio in pieces undergoing a restoration.

My problem is that I have too many things going on at one... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Nicely done, Slack-O-Matic

I'm infatuated with your television-slash-radio set. I currently have an RCA VR60 radio in pieces undergoing a restoration.

My problem is that I have too many things going on at one... Embarassed

It's a 1952 HMV...got it from eBay..£30... heaviest thing I ever lifted up/down stairs in my life....but the coolest thing was it had been used as a TV prop so it actually has a Samsung tv with scart sockets round the back! I was thinking of replacing it with a pc flatscreen monitor so I can have lots of fun, slideshows, music visualiser etc.... nothing else works but I fitted some lamps in it so it lights up, there is an old turntable in it now too... but most importantly... it looks cool as phark! Smile Slack
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Great set up Slack ! Love the way your troops are just sat there not giving a s*** . Good idear for a background .
Nice looking Fallschirmjager , very cool .
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Jet- wrote:
Great set up Slack ! Love the way your troops are just sat there not giving a s*** . Good idear for a background .
Nice looking Fallschirmjager , very cool .

Thanks... Smile

I took some close-ups this evening... always good with a bit of shadow lighting... came out nice I think!

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8490516696_51360c53e0
SlackPegasusGermans by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8490516718_4677168e8e
SlackPegasusGermans7 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8490516744_807796c10b
SlackPegasusGermans6 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8490516770_b69bf38d42
SlackPegasusGermans5 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8489416667_049448b230
SlackPegasusGermans4 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8490516830_93ba2e03c5
SlackPegasusGermans3 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr
Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8489416787_53eec954a9
SlackPegasusGermans2 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8489416831_072b82e4c5
SlackPegasusAllies by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! 8490516954_8ec0ce6d7e
SlackPegasusJoe by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

The 'A Bridge Too Far' Hardback I got from a charity shop today for £1... seemed only fair to let my Operation Pegasus Bridge' Joe get his nose-pickers on it! Smile

hope you enjoyed those extras and thanks for the positives!!

Last edited by SlackElastic on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Another great set of photos ! So much detail in all your figures and so much to look at in each picture .
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Jet- wrote:
Another great set of photos ! So much detail in all your figures and so much to look at in each picture .
that's the fun bit! Once I've stopped tinkering with the setting up.. the playing around with the lighting and cropping photos is great fun...

thanks!

Smile

Slack
Back to top Go down
vam78
New Recruit
vam78

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Looks fantastic mate ! Creative background, history should not be forgotten !
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:23 pm

vam78 wrote:
Looks fantastic mate ! Creative background, history should not be forgotten !

Thanks, this particular era... definitely!!

Smile

Slack
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

You've got a Superb setup going on there, it looks like a mini museum. I'm liking the excellent G.I.JOE Pegasus Bridge set too.. very nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:26 pm

clivvers wrote:
You've got a Superb setup going on there, it looks like a mini museum. I'm liking the excellent G.I.JOE Pegasus Bridge set too.. very nice Very Happy
cheers fella!! keep your shots coming too... they are great to view! Smile Slack
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:30 pm

More superb shots slack, great lighting too cheers
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:00 am

brillant , i must get down my local tip .............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!   Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescued from the Dump... the new WWII Slackabinet II Bookcase!!
Page 1 of 1