ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

INCOMING! What's On The Way?

Go down 
+12
gibri
londonroadhog
RealSarahdactyl
Dreadnought
No Face Fan.
Blondeactionman
ActionYankee
somekindajoe
SCU_HQ
Sparklebudgie
Rogue-Trooper
JohnnyE4
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 7:08 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Flagset Eternal Empire Eagle's Nest Guard Martina figure, pre-order from Monkey Depot:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Flagset_Eternal_Empire_Eagle_Nest_Guards_Martina_p/fs0039.htm

Oh, I really hope some of those will be available for parting out as I want only a few parts from it, but I really want them!
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 8:10 pm

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Ymt032a
YMToys YMT032A via eBay

Same sculpt as a pink-haired head I purchased a while back, only with black hair.
The "side eye" glance and edgier hairstyle might work better for my "Seamless Kenna Roswell" figure.

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:20 pm

That's a cool sculpt Dave!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 11:07 pm

Oh, and then there’s this:

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Sariah1
Sariah the Battle Babe

And this:

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Sariah2
Molly Hatchet Album Cover Dude

And maybe this:

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Sariah3
Tariah the Opera Singer Babe

These are all 1/12 scale figures.

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 11:09 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
That's a cool sculpt Dave!

Why don’t’cha tell the gang what you have on the way? Wink

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 2:21 am

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 PC0160-2T

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 20200318153358515851

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 3:36 am

Without being too specific, I have been waiting for just over two months for a single solitary small item. (Yes, from China of course!)
It's vital to complete a set-up for a pic. I've been planning for some time now. Everything else is up-&-ready-to-go, and has been for some time. (It's a "build".)
Was going to enter the photo in the monthly contest, but upon seeing above the type of stuff just about everybody here seems to be buying now, I think that despite the two finalists in last month's comp both featuring what are now "vintage" figures, the old boys could sadly be coming to the end of their competitive days. Sad Sad Sad

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 3:38 am

affraid It's a 1/12 INVASION!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 3:57 am

LeStryge wrote:
... despite the two finalists in last month's comp both featuring what are now "vintage" figures, the old boys could sadly be coming to the end of their competitive days.  Sad Sad Sad

The "old boys" have managed to hang in there since the 1960s, surviving through video arcades, home video games, hand-held gaming, and mobile phones. Against the odds, they've come back against Star Wars and the 3-3/4 inch invasion. They've maintained their beachhead here in the face of the "movie star" figures from Hot Toys and Sideshow. Seamless figures definitely present a challenge to VAM/MAM/Joe, but if a wager were involved, my money would be on Joe.

Seamless in 1/6 scale are under attack themselves by their little siblings, the seamless in 1/12. As the quality of the 1/12 offerings improves, and as more options become available in that scale, the size and increasing prices of 1/6 seamless is working against them. I will not be surprised at all to see 1/12 become the dominant scale for seamless figures within a relatively short time.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 6:05 am

There is no doubt in dio building, 1/12th will be much easier to deal with. Just imagine all the tanks and jeeps you could fit on a sheet of plywood! If I wasn't so invested in 1/6th and what I consider to be on the back side of collecting/hobbying with already hundreds of figures, I would probably be getting into 1/12th in a big way.

I only bought these figures because I have a strip-wood canoe I built in 1/12th and never had any figures for it.

Nevertheless, back when I was still setting up scenes and had a computer and a photo hosting site and a huge archive of old photos to pick from, and was actually trying to get a few votes, I would always chose the old boy as the subject for my photo contest entry pic. I admit I used the same strategy for a couple kitbash contests I entered and actually won one due in no small part to the figure I used. Old vintage Joe. Twisted Evil

cheers Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 am

Okay, so here is what I have on the way, first up some 1/6 bits Very Happy

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 4db7c37d0a8022e49c9f0819f93543f5_442x589
INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 042f7b0cb3faf77738caf898fd674132_442x590
INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 IMG_9130_442x589

Then some 1/12 stuff Very Happy

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 42c86c75d389ca1e17994af4df6d4419_0adfd506-5088-4b47-959f-57502e6bb2bf_442x597

and then there's this!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 S-l500

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 8:13 am

Shocked Oh, great! Now who's gonna get the forum shut down for socially inappropriate political symbols?

Razz

Good luck arguing that it's a Hindu symbol of luck and fortune!

That jaguar is cool! Is that real gold or gold plate? Or a very nice brass alloy?

That is a knife, mate!

And... The One-Twelfth Invasion Continues!

Yup... time to revise the forum banner text! Razz

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 9:39 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Shocked  Oh, great! Now who's gonna get the forum shut down for socially inappropriate political symbols?

Razz

Good luck arguing that it's a Hindu symbol of luck and fortune!

That jaguar is cool! Is that real gold or gold plate? Or a very nice brass alloy?

That is a knife, mate!

And... The One-Twelfth Invasion Continues!

Yup... time to revise the forum banner text! Razz

well since I got the other necklace set for Kat and Peta, the other two have been moaning! something about favoritism!  lol!

I should image they are gold plate or maybe brass?

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Just got my RAF and Flying Tigers (AVG) caps from Banjoman on Ebay. The RAF cap will go to my Kotobuki inspired ex RAF mercenary pilot while the AVG cap will go to Laura as one of her geek hats . Photos to come soon. Still waiting for the head sculpt for my mercenary pilot to arrive.

SCU_HQ likes this post

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 5:24 pm

1/12 TBLeague Vampirella pre-order has finally shipped from BigBadToyStore.

A few other random clothing and uniform bits and pieces are on the way via eBay sellers.

At this point, I am very much looking forward to seeing my eBay incoming list empty. Another week or so should clear the pipeline, I hope. And then I need to seriously stop buying things for a while. Note to self: NO MORE BUYING until AFTER 31 OCTOBER 2021.

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 5:39 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

A few other random clothing and uniform bits and pieces are on the way via eBay sellers.

At this point, I am very much looking forward to seeing my eBay incoming list empty. Another week or so should clear the pipeline, I hope. And then I need to seriously stop buying things for a while. Note to self: NO MORE BUYING until AFTER 31 OCTOBER 2021.

I'll believe that when I see it.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I know, me too. Embarassed I realized shortly after posting that I still needed to get a pair of boots to go with one of the outfits that's on the way. So the boots will be the last purchase until November. Uh huh. Really.
geek

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 8:15 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I know, me too. Embarassed  I realized shortly after posting that I still needed to get a pair of boots to go with one of the outfits that's on the way. So the boots will be the last purchase until November. Uh huh. Really.
geek

It's a sickness, I know. Maybe this is why I resisted getting into the hobby for so many years. The truth is however, that kitbashing unique figures to conform to the aesthetic of my universe is loads of fun. I've been re-watching episodes of "The Magnificent Kotobuki" largely because of the aesthetic....and the dogfights, and the cute chicks...finding lots of inspiration for kitbashing.

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 9:39 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I know, me too. Embarassed  I realized shortly after posting that I still needed to get a pair of boots to go with one of the outfits that's on the way. So the boots will be the last purchase until November. Uh huh. Really.
geek

It's a sickness, I know.  Maybe this is why I resisted getting into the hobby for so many years. The truth is however, that kitbashing unique figures to conform to the aesthetic of my universe is loads of fun.  I've been re-watching episodes of "The Magnificent Kotobuki" largely because of the aesthetic....and the dogfights, and the cute chicks...finding lots of inspiration for kitbashing.  

Imagine a Kotobuki und Panzer crossover! Drool

Back on topic - the YMToys head sculpt I purchased arrived today. I will try it out here shortly to see if it works better for my “Seamless Kenna Roswell” fig. But first: replace a thermocouple in a propane refrigerator. Who wants to come help?

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 10:18 pm

magine a Kotobuki und Panzer crossover!

That seems to be increasingly the direction in which I am drifting.....

Can't wait to see the new head sculpt on Kenna Roswell: the Phicen version.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 12:05 am

Well it's really nothing compared to what a few here are lashing out and spending very large amounts on, but I scored one of these VERY cheaply from the usual place.
Not much you might think, BUT I reckon with some bandages and a bit of aging, it will make a damn fine Egyptian Mummy and save me using one of my more useful figures.
There doesn't seem to be a really good 1/6 scale mummy about and I've got quite a lot of neo-Egyptoid props.

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 ECiGrZ

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 12:58 am

LeStryge wrote:
... but I scored one of these VERY cheaply from the usual place.

Those things are so creepy! More creepy, to me anyway, than many of the more expensive horror figures! The squirmyness of all those... are they exposed tendons? Or is the body composed of a tangle of snakes? Whatever, it gives me the heebie-jeebies!

In other words, great score! It will make an excellent mummy monster figure! And at a fraction of the price Hot Toys or Sideshow or Executive Replicas would charge. Please keep us posted on your progress! Halloween is coming up fast!

Breeches Buoy
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 1:54 am

Nice score on the Bio-Constrictor LeStryge. You got the right one to make a mummy character from.

SCU, I believe it's supposed to be snake bodies. The other two versions have snake heads sticking
out from the body.

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Bio-2a11

SCU_HQ likes this post

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 6:52 am

Those Egyptian tombs can have serious cobra problems, ...or maybe that's really the long lost mummy of Cleopatra?

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 am

He is one of the better Max Steel bad guys imo, great pick up Barry! bounce bounce bounce

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INCOMING! What's On The Way?
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: General 1/6 Figure Chat-
Jump to: