ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

INCOMING! What's On The Way?

Go down 
+12
gibri
londonroadhog
RealSarahdactyl
Dreadnought
No Face Fan.
Blondeactionman
ActionYankee
somekindajoe
SCU_HQ
Sparklebudgie
Rogue-Trooper
JohnnyE4
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 1:57 am

I'm not sure of the neighborhood I'd have to ask him.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:01 am

You never know...He might be a block away from me.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:08 am

Thats interesting to know you're in Canada. I'm out west. 

It seems you have stuff on the way from Monkey Depot. I'm currently waiting on two orders from them, head and body, and two heads.

I'm also waiting on a package from onesixthstore. The guy said to email our postal service. That was from November 10th.  

One thing I'm not impressed with is the postal service. I find them to be so slack. It doesn't help that I've caught the post man cussing out the neighbors dog when he wasn't aware he was being watched and throwing boxes from the van.

It's amazing a group of people protected by a strong union can be so miserable... I have never been that miserable in a job and I've never had the protection of a big old union.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:29 am

Yeah, I'm not impressed with Canada Post right now. They've had a lot of time to get their act together with the pandemic and all but they don't seem to be stepping up to the plate. As I've already written, packages take longer to get from Toronto to Montreal than they do to get from China to Toronto. Shipping from Monkey Depot has been especially bad because they're shipping options offer nothing between economy shipping and express shipping. The one time I paid for the fast shipping, it went with a courier to brought the package in through Mirabel and I was charged $41.00 USD in duties on a $75.00 USD order. What saved me is that I had it delivered to my office and they billed my company, and my boss decided the company would pay for it, though clearly they were under no obligation to pay for it.

It was nothing like this before the pandemic. I used to receive my orders in about three weeks. Though I usually get my figures from Giantoy, I've bought 85-95% of my parted out stuff from Monkey Depot because of their excellent prices and inexpensive shipping, though lately, they've not had nearly so much of the accessories and clothing articles I like to buy for my female figures as they used to.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:33 am

Giantoy is spectacular. I had a second World Box fat body... I've not even clothed the first one mind you. Arrive in Canada after six days, it then two Canada Post twenty one days to get it to my community mailbox.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:39 am

Giantoy is super, as far as I'm concerned. The shipping isn't really free; they build it into the cost of the merchandise but a figure comes out to the same price as if I order from the states and the item and shipping costs are separate line items. They also have the most updated stock on TBLeague and a lot of other figures, and seem to keep a large inventory. Their customer service is excellent.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:42 am

Oh yeah, no complaints. They're pretty much my favourite online shop right now. They gave me 20% off a second World Box body because the first one had floppy knees.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:49 am

That's pretty good of them, all things considered. They have an excellent business sense and know that if they're going to compete with North American online stores for the North American market, they have to be very aggressive on pricing and offer fast shipping and excellent service. It's my experience however, being part of a TBLeague group on Facebook, that they have a large market in Asia outside of China as well; Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, etc.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 3:03 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
We've just started a new Covid lockdown as of today.  All non-essential businesses and stores closed for the next two weeks. Fortunately, I work for an essential business.
Who knew the virus could actually differentiate between what is "essential" and ignore it but attack full on anything "non-essential"?

Here it hates sport so your can have stadia at full capacity, everybody sitting shoulder to shoulder and no one will get sick, but you can have only ten or in some states twenty in your house for Christmas. Should the eleventh or twenty-first person walk in, then of course somebody will die!
Did you ever imagine that a virus could be able to count?
They breed 'em smart in China!  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 3:18 am

We're on very severe restrictions here, including things like family gatherings. Right now, it's okay to invite some to your home if you're a person living alone and the other person is someone who's living alone. You can also visit someone if you're that person's primary care giver. I'm in the electrical industry and most people working in it from electricians to factory workers to sales staff and management are considered essential. My company builds transformers....no transformers, no power.

The first lockdown was freaky...practically no-one riding the busses or subways, and police were walking into offices to make sure these businesses were essential. I had to carry a letter from my company saying I worked for an essential business and had a right to be traveling outside my home for purposes other than grocery shopping, medical visits, etc. My annual physical exam with my doctor was by phone.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 3:32 am

We're on very severe restrictions here, including things like family gatherings. Right now, it's okay to invite some to your home if you're a person living alone and the other person is someone who's living alone.  You can also visit someone if you're that person's primary care giver.  I'm in the electrical industry and most people working in it from electricians to factory workers to sales staff and management are considered essential. My company builds transformers....no transformers, no power.  

The first lockdown was freaky...practically no-one riding the busses or subways, and police were walking into offices to make sure these businesses were essential.  I had to carry a letter from my company saying I worked for an essential business and had a right to be traveling outside my home for purposes other than grocery shopping, medical visits, etc.  My annual physical exam with my doctor was by phone.  
Did you just say there is sparky work in Montreal hahaha.

I'm a qualified resseal electrician. I'm headed back to school for psychology in the new year now.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 3:42 am

Well right now the sparky work has ground to a halt. The last couple of weeks have been very quiet.  Notwithstanding , when a transformer powering an elevator in a high rise or a hospital or something fails, they can't wait two weeks to get a replacement.  We have running tradition that there's always a transformer in a condo, factory or something in Three Rivers or Quebec City that fails on December 24th and the end user is in a panic.  Consequently, we usually get a call just as we're getting ready to leave the office to see if we have something in stock that will do the trick. We usually do, and then the contractor will want to drive in person from Three Rivers or Quebec to pick it up that afternoon.  

We were lucky this year. The call came at ten in the morning and the transformer that failed is a crazy 500kva zig-zag configured harmonic mitigating autotransformer that we not only don't keep in stock don't build at all, so we were off the hook.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 4:52 am

INCOMING: 500kva zig-zag configured Harmonic Mitigating Autotransformer

INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Variable-Auto-transformer

I had to order it from a vendor in China, because nobody makes 'em here anymore.  Razz

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 5:03 am

Actually, they look more like this.

https://jeffersonelectric.com/products/ventilated-transformers/hmt-zig-zag-transformers

There are plenty of companies who build them, including one not far from Montreal in Granby and many US manufacturers. Finally, China is not the place to go for your transformers....
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 5:13 am

Actually, they look more like this.

scratch That's what I get for ordering from a China-based vendor on eBay! Razz

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 5:24 am

I just hope you didn't overpay. If you payed a penny over $25,000.00 you got shafted.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 6:04 am

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch lol!

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 6:42 pm

So to continue with the saga of stuff that's on the way, an order I placed with Giantoy on the 17th arrived in Vancouver on the 22nd, though it's taken until today, the 27th to learn of this. Understandable, due to Xmas. I now predict that it will take another week for it to get to Mississauga, maybe more owing to New Years, then another week to 10 days before I get it. I will still probably receive it before any of the stuff I've just ordered from the US.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Today, I finally received that order from Monkey Depot that I placed way back at the beginning of October. A shin gunto, an M1 carbine bayonet, a map, clipboard, and a cigarette. Nearly three months after I placed it....
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 9:32 pm

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 10:21 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Order placed for VST "The Cabinet" - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/85814

I should get one of those...one of these days.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 11:17 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Order placed for VST "The Cabinet" - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/85814

I should get one of those...one of these days.

The usual price, at least what I have seen, is around $75 USD. This price seemed more reasonable. Also, I had just sold a few things on eBay so I had some non-allocated funds. Wink

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 11:22 pm

I've seen them around $50.00 before. Meanwhile...my new Erika head sculpt arrived last week along with a couple of MP -40's. It's to make up for how badly I messed up the hair on the first one, forcing me to cut it short. So now, she'll have long hair again.

Meanwhile, I have other stuff on order from Monkey Depot as usual, plus as I have a nice little unexpected photo job coming up this weekend, I'll devote at least a part of the remuneration to the purchase of another figure or two. I have to work on my bad girls and guys.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 3:35 am

Very tactical looking, Dave. I really like it!

You have to love non-allocated funds! A few years ago I was selling a lot on eBay and ended up making a few guilt-free purchases, it was nice. So easy when you have all this money burning a hole in your pay-pal account...

Surprisingly, getting on topic, I recently made my first (and probably only) foray into the 1/12th realm. Nice, and like how small they are. They look nice and are easy to transport, but I'm just so used to 1/6th I don't quite know how to deal with these little figures. It's a whole new learning curve.

Years, and years ago my dad bought me a strip-wood model of a canoe in 1/12th. It was a fun build and really very nice, but at the time there were almost no 1/12th figures available. Well, there are now and it finally dawned on me I could have some nice figures to go with this canoe.

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 7:25 pm

I've been selling some things on eBay recently. Finally accumulated enough to spring for one of those ROCHobby 1/6 scale radio controlled Jeeps. Just placed the order through Amazon a few minutes ago.

Amazon had a coupon offer for 11% off the price, which covered the price of the batteries, which are not included. Nor is a battery charger included. Nor is the canvas top included. Nor is the accessory trailer included.
Rolling Eyes

LondonRoadHog aka Colin influenced my decision by answering a number of "n00b" questions. I've never owned an R/C vehicle. Expect to see some Jeep races this summer once the weather improves!
Wink

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INCOMING! What's On The Way?   INCOMING! What's On The Way? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INCOMING! What's On The Way?
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: General 1/6 Figure Chat-
Jump to: