ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Empty
PostSubject: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Things have been sloooowwww around the forum this summer!

So because I have nothing else to post at the moment, here are a few pics of off-scale "girl dolls" hauling trash to the dump:

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) June19

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) June21a

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) June21b
"Hey! I bet we can make something cool out of this!"

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) June24a

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) June24b

Note that they are all wearing jumpsuits in traditional "GI Joe" colors and wearing actual GI Joe dogtags! Because, y'know, I wouldn't want to stray too far afield here on the AMMO forum!
Wink

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

gibri likes this post

Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Great pics Dave!

Those jumpsuits look fantastic, what make are they?

cheers cheers

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Volgan10
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Beatlefan wrote:

Those jumpsuits look fantastic, what make are they?

The jumpsuits are from a website called TCDoll Intl.

https://otackie.ocnk.net/product/259

Currently out of stock, but they seem to periodically restock.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 6:38 pm

Great helpers you have there Dave! bounce bounce

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 12:06 pm

I’m pleased to see you showing your dolls Dave. They look great in their working jumpsuits. Hope we’ll be seeing more pictures of them in the future Dave.

Red Devil
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 8:32 pm

Great photo's Dave Cool - what scale is "off scale" ??
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Ski Patrol
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:43 pm

What's the make of these dolls again?
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
What's the make of these dolls again?  

These are 1/3 scale (24 inch / 60 cm) "Smart Dolls."

https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/filter-smart-doll-all

There's a Smart Doll group on Flickr that features a variety of images: https://flickr.com/groups/2673817@N20

Tons of pics on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/smartdoll/?hl=en

Unfortunately, the joints are obvious and unsightly – hence jumpsuits as standard apparel for the ones in my collection. Wink

Action Soldier
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 11:29 pm

24 inch??

That's twice as tall as Joe or Action Man.

I figured they were smaller, guess I was wrong!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Ski Patrol
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:02 am

Thanks...Their cost probably precludes my getting them anyway, though if I did I would probably dress them in Japanese school girl uniforms. One of them at any rate reminds me a lot of my favorite Girls und Panzer character, Mako Reizei.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:23 am

TNshooter wrote:
24 inch??
That's twice as tall as Joe or Action Man.

Yeah, they take up quite a bit of space. I was surprised by how large they are. Before I got one, I was thinking, "twice as tall, that's not so big." But it's twice the size in every dimension, not just height, so seeing a large figure like this for the first time, I was kind of like, whoa! These things are big!

Thanks...Their cost probably precludes my getting them anyway, though if I did I would probably dress them in Japanese school girl uniforms.  One of them at any rate reminds me a lot of my favorite Girls und Panzer character, Mako Reizei.  

The Smart Dolls have a strong anime aesthetic. The original design (Smart Doll Mirai) was exclusive "anime" style. The company has since been issuing "semi-realistic" and "hybrid" versions that I do not personally find appealing.

The cost really begins to climb when you start looking at clothing. The clothing from the Smart Doll company is quite expensive. Finding items that fit from other vendors is hit and miss. The closest "popular" doll in size is one called Dolfie Dream, but the proportions are not the same, so not all "DD" or "SD" (I don't even know what that stands for; it's not "Smart Doll") item will fit, or they will not always fit well. A basic Smart Doll (¥52,000, or $495 USD, or $625 CAD, or £350) includes only panties and a sports bra. All the clothing is extra. Extra hands in different positions are available... at extra cost. Different bust sizes are available... at extra cost.

Smart Doll originally marketed some schoolgirl uniforms that were very cute. They currently offer a "Post-Apocalyptic Schoolgirl Uniform" - https://shop.smartdoll.jp/products/sekimatsu-uniform

As with most Smart Doll apparel items, all of the "extras" cost extra: the uniform does not include boots, or socks, or a satchel, or a cap, or the dog tags. Rolling Eyes To outfit a Smart Doll as pictured in the Post-Apocalyptic uniform image would easily exceed $400 USD. The shoes alone, for "official" Smart Doll shoes, cost over $100 USD. (They were significantly less when I got mine. The price of the basic doll has only increased a little bit over the past two or three years, but the cost of the clothing has skyrocketed!)

By comparison, twenty bucks will get you a post-apocalyptic schoolgirl uniform in seamless figure size:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-School-Girl-Uniform-Student-Short-Skirt-Fit-12-PH-TBL-Hot-Toys-Female-Body/233721081575

Ski Patrol
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 am

As cute as they are, I think I will simply be sticking to the 1/6th scale seamless for now.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:53 am

As cute as they are, I think I will simply be sticking to the 1/6th scale seamless for now.

The dioramas would have to be enormous. I made a sofa... more of a settee... in Smart Doll scale:

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) 45477023914_77d386d737_z

I had to downsize the original plan considerably because I could not find anywhere to put a "doll prop" that large.

Here's the sofa with a 1/6 figure (Bratz) for scale:

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) 32634739968_1bf7e239e1_z

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 5:01 am

Nice figures, Dave, and you make a great case for them, but they are just so big. Shocked I'm not sure I'd be comfortable around them... affraid

I have to say that 1/6th school girl outfit, I really like it, and that may be just the thing to get me to add another seamless figure to the stable. :hubba

Thanks
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 5:18 am

Dave, where on earth to you find room to keep all your seemingly huge collections?
I struggle with my own 1/6 stuff, but you've also gone in for some really big models.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 10:08 am

I’m really liking the two different sofa pictures you’ve done Dave.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:45 am

Just looked though these pictures once again Dave and still really enjoyed looking though them. Seeing the Smart Dolls hard at work puts my mam figures to shame lol. I’m hoping we’ll be seeing more Smart Doll random pictures.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 6:31 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Just looked though these pictures once again Dave and still really enjoyed looking though them. Seeing the Smart Dolls hard at work puts my mam figures to shame lol. I’m hoping we’ll be seeing more Smart Doll random pictures.

Thanks, Alex! Yes, I will be sharing some more Smart Doll pictures! A project is in the works! Stay tuned!

PostSubject: Re: Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)   Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off Scale Junk... literally! (1/3 Scale Smart Dolls)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Ammo Off Scale :: Off Scale Random Photos-
Jump to: