ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Agents of SCU-HQ

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 7:59 am

Superb Dave! bounce bounce bounce

Medic
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 12:26 pm

Quite a mix of gear you got going here Dave . She looks like she just been caught out snooping where she shouldn`t . I like the Gangster look Tommy gun .

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 6:34 am

Chip wrote:
Quite a mix of gear you got going here Dave.

Embarassed  Yeah, I definitely do not have any sort of real world prototype in mind when I assemble these figs. Whatever I have near at hand that looks kinda cool. Razz

- - - -

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50971273138_40d58bae77_z
TBLeague S37A / YMToys YMT031A

This one is a work in progress.

Body: TBLeague S37A
Head: YMToys YMT031A
Outfit: Mattel Barbie Jacket, Pullip doll dress, eBay shoes

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 10:02 am

Another great addition Dave! bounce bounce  Love the hair!

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 10:13 am

Why did you type that she’s a work in progress because I can’t see anything you need to add to her. I’m totally loving her purple hair. I’m liking her long jacket. She looks like she’s ready to go about town.

Action Soldier
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 10:49 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50962790948_81484874b7_z
Agent Ellie Fields is the brainy type

Body: TBLeague S12D (tan)
Head: Generic "Asian Beauty with brown hair"
Outfit: Mattel Ken Fashion Pack
Skull prop: SmartLab Toys Amazing Squishy Brain

This may be inappropriate, but the skull seems to be enjoying the view between her legs...... lol! lol! lol!

If it is, please delete
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 4:25 am

TNshooter wrote:

This may be inappropriate, but the skull seems to be enjoying the view between her legs......

That is quite the lecherous leer, now that you mention it! Twisted Evil

- - - - -
- - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50974946637_dc2cd3d2fe_z
"Maybe I should try to get the band back together!"

Yasmin Claremont, aka Yazz E. Claire, works on her riffs and contemplates the album she and her friends had planned before money, drugs, and boys intervened.

Body: TBLeague S37A
Head: YMToys YMT032B
Outfit: assorted Barbie (Ken) and Monster High items
Guitar: eBay
Amp: HM11 Bluetooth speaker

Blondeactionman and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 4:58 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Come on now! It's a bit hard to do any expression when you don't have lips, or even a face at all!
Maybe your....minds dare I suggest?  lol!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 5:26 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Come on now! It's a bit hard to do any expression when you don't have lips, or even a face at all!
Maybe your....minds dare I suggest?  lol!

It's all in the eyes!

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Clara_bow_eyes  Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Eddiecantor_eyes

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Barneygoogle_eyes

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 7:48 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50974946637_dc2cd3d2fe_z
"Maybe I should try to get the band back together!"

Okay she’s got to be my favourite kitbash I’v seen you kitbash. I’m totally loving everything about her.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 8:00 am

Great looking musician Dave! Maybe one day she can come and play at the Arms?

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 8:32 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great looking musician Dave! Maybe one day she can come and play at the Arms?

I think if she did play a couple of sets at the ammo Arms. It would definitely be a sell out.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 4:08 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:

Okay she’s got to be my favourite kitbash I’v seen you kitbash. I’m totally loving everything about her.

Thanks, Alex! That's very kind of you to say! Especially since I know the female seamless figs aren't your favorite type of figure. I'm glad you found this one to be fun.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 1:04 am

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50977935062_c4a65f0821_z
"Huh? I wonder if this could be worth something?"

Sorry, babe! It's a reproduction, not an original.

Body: TBLeague S09C
Head: Unbranded "Asian Beauty" sculpt
Uniform: various found-on-eBay bits and pieces

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 1:24 am

When I was a much younger man I was given this piece of advice, and I must say it has served me well so I'll pass it on here.
"Avoid at all costs any woman who has pink hair!"

Dave, is it just my own sense of proportion or do the legs on those things seem extremely and unrealistically elongated to anyone else?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 2:12 am

LeStryge wrote:
When I was a much younger man I was given this piece of advice, and I must say it has served me well so I'll pass it on here.
"Avoid at all costs any woman who has pink hair!"

Dave, is it just my own sense of proportion or do the legs on those things seem extremely and unrealistically elongated to anyone else?

That was probably wise advice. It just... makes sense, somehow.

Many of the seamless figures, despite claims about their "semi-realistic" proportions, are quite stylized... beyond the obvious chest measurements... with enhanced beyond fashion model length legs being a common attribute. That said, the "punk rock" figure previously posted uses a body marketed as being "anime style," with an impossibly slim physique, exaggerated bosom-to-waist ratio, and extended limb lengths. That body style receives quite a bit of criticism on some of the other figure forums I occasionally visit, with the general consensus being unfavorable.

I like the "anime" version because they are stylized... and because Barbie and other "playline" doll clothes will often fit.

And probably because I wanted to grow up to look like an anime character: like, maybe, this guy, who even had a cool name: Wildstar!

(I should be careful what I wish for; I kinda did grow up... or out... to look like an anime character: this guy Rolling Eyes )

Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 2:52 am

Interesting to hear it's not favoured on other figure forums. 
Have to admit that after studying Life Drawing for four years at Uni, those figures do look odd to my eyes.
Yes, I realise that they are stylised but the head sculpts on top of the bodies are more realistic and this sets up a disharmony.

Incidentally with all this talk of "re-bodying" of those seamless things going on here, can anybody enlighten me as to what you do with the cast offs?
Do you keep sinister boxes full of headless squirmy female bits hidden in the crawl-space?  Shocked

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 3:51 am

LeStryge wrote:
Have to admit that after studying Life Drawing for four years at Uni, those figures do look odd to my eyes.
Yes, I realise that they are stylised but the head sculpts on top of the bodies are more realistic and this sets up a disharmony.

Incidentally with all this talk of "re-bodying" of those seamless things going on here, can anybody enlighten me as to what you do with the cast offs?
Do you keep sinister boxes full of headless squirmy female bits hidden in the crawl-space?  Shocked

Now that you mention it, there may be something to the "disharmony" created by the realistic-ish headsculpts paired with the less realistic bodies. That would explain why the most positive (or least negative) responses to any of my seamless figures, both on this forum and on others, has been to the figures using more "toy-like" heads.

If you studied "Life Drawing" for four years, you must be quite accomplished! Life Drawing, however, is not the same as "advertising illustration," is it? I was just looking at some old Sindy doll catalogues from the mid-1960s that a friend posted to Flickr, and admiring the stylized artwork of the slim, fashionable figures who do not even remotely resemble the chunky, clunky design of the old Sindy dolls... or of real people. Although admittedly, 1960s people were, in general, much more slim than 2020s people.

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50975871356_e358dd994a_w  Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50976007341_3eff0a73ef_w

(In keeping with my earlier comment about wanting to grow up to look like an anime character, I would certainly have not minded had I more closely resembled "that freewheeling lad" from the Sindy doll collection! Paul seems much hipper and more stylish than his American counterpart, Ken.)

As for bins full of bodies – some members on other forums have mentioned having "spare parts bins" and "spare bodies bins." I do not have such a bin myself. I'm pretty much one head / one body.

Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 4:20 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
 Life Drawing, however, is not the same as "advertising illustration," is it? 
You are so right on that Dave! Fashion drawing is a whole new ballgame.
Out goes the old "eight heads to a body canon" and in comes the extreme distortion in both height and slimness in order to look more elegant.
Even fashion photography is subjected to "stretch" heightways and that's before all the photoshop makeovers.
Obviously the seamless figures are having a foot in each camp so to speak, selling realistic headsculpts, but making "fashion" bodies for them.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 1:57 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50977935062_c4a65f0821_z
"Huh? I wonder if this could be worth something?"

I’m really liking the set up of this picture. Very well created together.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 5:04 am

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 50980676073_1b9017015a_z
"My Precioussss!"

There's weird stuff in this basement, as Toni is discovering!

Body: TBLeague S26A
Head: TBLeague S34
Outfit: assorted doll clothes

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 5:11 am

Dave, I think you may well be the only other person who has a stash of totally random junk that might be used as props someday to rival my own ever burgeoning hoard.  cheers
Enjoying seeing you working through it!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 5:44 am

LeStryge wrote:
Dave, I think you may well be the only other person who has a stash of totally random junk that might be used as props someday to rival my own ever burgeoning hoard.  cheers
Enjoying seeing you working through it!

I pulled out a few bits and pieces a couple of days ago that have not seen the light of day since before I moved, six winters ago. Where does the time go?

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 7:51 am

Another great shot Dave! Love the golden skull bounce bounce

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 8:04 am

Fabulous picture Dave.

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agents of SCU-HQ
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Seamless Collections (TBL-Phicen & Jiaou Figures) :: Seamless Figure Collections-
Jump to: