ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Agents of SCU-HQ

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 7:15 pm

Too cold for a 'Polar Bear' swim. She shoulda brought an ice axe... or skates.

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 50983219862_803f83947f_z

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 50982411498_2afdc3beee_z

Body: TBLeague S35A
Head: I don't remember, and you don't care, so we're good.

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Great pics Dave! but wow, that looks cold!

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 10:45 pm

These are ice cool pictures Dave. I totally agree on that She shoulda brought an ice axe... or skates.

Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Or a bloody big FUR COAT and some serious boots!
The poor girl will be frozen blue in a few moments!
What the hell do Phicens have in place of brains?

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 11:31 pm

LeStryge wrote:

What the hell do Phicens have in place of brains?

You get two guesses. Razz

Chip
Heavy Weapons
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 1:35 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 50980676073_1b9017015a_z
"My Precioussss!"

There's weird stuff in this basement, as Toni is discovering!

Body: TBLeague S26A
Head: TBLeague S34
Outfit: assorted doll clothes

You need to teach your Gals to tie laces  . Very Happy  I like the atmosphere in your Pics Dave .

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 2:46 am

Chip wrote:

You need to teach your Gals to tie laces.

Razz I know, right? My intent is to eventually tie the laces once I decide if the shoes are permanent for the figure. Until then... too much trouble! Wink

LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 3:45 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
 My intent is to eventually tie the laces once I decide if the shoes are permanent for the figure. Until then... too much trouble! Wink
I too own several pairs of those really great shoes and the problem with tying them is this.
The laces come very long. This is to allow large overscale human fingers to tie a bow. 
Then you are left with two long bits hanging over. 
Now if you cut these off to the correct visual length you will NEVER again be able to retie the laces should you undo them to transfer the shoes to another figure.
Thus Dave's decision is a good one. 
Make sure you REALLY want a specific figure to wear the shoes before you tie them up because that's it!
(Dave may be able to remove the shoes even if tied on that specific figure as she appears to have somewhat smaller than 1/6 feet. The shoes look a little big for her to me.)

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 4:48 am

LeStryge wrote:

The laces come very long. This is to allow large overscale human fingers to tie a bow. 
Now if you cut these off to the correct visual length you will NEVER again be able to retie the laces should you undo them to transfer the shoes to another figure.
(Dave may be able to remove the shoes even if tied on that specific figure as she appears to have somewhat smaller than 1/6 feet. The shoes look a little big for her to me.)

That is my reasoning, exactly! And yes, this figure has smaller than usual feet, so the shoes would likely slip off easily enough, but I don't know that I could get them on another figure if they were tied.

- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -

And now for some kicks... on Route 66:

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 50983640888_0b88e2824b_z

I've been wanting a Bobby Troup action figure. This is the closest I could manage.

I might try to add a touch of grey to the hair.

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 5:16 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:

That is my reasoning, exactly! And yes, this figure has smaller than usual feet, so the shoes would likely slip off easily enough, but I don't know that I could get them on another figure if they were tied.

- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -

And now for some kicks... on Route 66:

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 50983640888_0b88e2824b_z

I've been wanting a Bobby Troup action figure. This is the closest I could manage.

I might try to add a touch of grey to the hair.

A little grey wouldn't go amiss, but I think Bobby was a blonde.

RE: the laces, as a veteran of dozens of lace-up 1/6th boots and shoes, I feel i've gotten the hang of it. Take the laces and wrap them around the ankles a coupe times before you tie them. Or if you don't have enough extra for that, go ahead and tie them, then tuck the long ends into the shoes. Then you can untie them and reuse them as often as you need. Tweezers or needle nose pliers are helpful. once you have your bows, pull the knot as tight as you can, without breaking the lace, then put your finger flat against the knot and pull the lace back to make the bows smaller without loosening the knot. Then you can trim a little but still have enough lace left for future use.

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Dscf0017
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 6:13 am

Good advice Brian!
Love your club singer Dave, ...very stylish indeed!
And a martini as well!
I'm not at all familiar with Bobby Troup, but hey, he was married to Julie London, one of my all-time favourite singers and drinking companions!
She could make reading the phone book (remember those?) sound seriously sexy! 
Hear her version of the Mickey Mouse theme for example. Old Walt would have a conniption fit!
If indeed that's Bobby Troup in the link Dave provides then he definitely looks dark-haired to me.

Last edited by LeStryge on Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 7:07 am

LeStryge wrote:
... one of my all-time favourite singers and drinking companions!

Uhm... do you mean, you put Julie's version of "Set 'Em Up, Joe" aka "One for my Baby and One More for the Road" on the Hi-Fi when you're in the mood for solitary drinking? Or do you mean you actually met and tossed back a few with Julie London? Because if you did, my envy knows no bounds!

When I was a kid I knew her as the nurse everybody had the hots for on the TV show Emergency! (Bobby Troup, her husband, portrayed Doctor Joe Early on Emergency!) Later, as I developed a taste for lounge music and cool jazz, I discovered the real Julie London! My CD set of Julie London: Ultimate Collection is the single most played album in my entire music collection.

For a number of years, Julie has been an "off-camera" character in the versions of my action figure stories I've for the most part not yet written or photographed. By extension, her (second) husband, Bobby Troup (a jazz pianist and composer as well as actor, who wrote the song "Get Your Kicks on Route 66"), has been a rival of sorts to several of my characters.

I'd really love to have a Jack "Dragnet" Webb figure, Julie's first husband, to add even more comedic drama to the mix.

If you're ever in the mood to see a young Julie London in a very non-glamorous role, as a "tomboy" named Slacks, check out the low budget 1955 film Crime Against Joe.

Okay... I gotta go track down Julie's version of the Mickey Mouse Club March, which I've never heard nor heard of!

LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 10:38 pm

Sadly I never met Julie herself in person, however so many of her songs seem to feature alcohol that she is definitely a great drinking companion. 
Together with those you mention, just off the top of my head I recall "Make it Another Old Fashion"; "Why Do I Drink Pousse Cafe?" (It's a lethal cocktail BTW!); "Days of Wine and Roses"; "Hot Toddy" and probably quite a few more that feature drinking in the lyrics if not in the title.
It's not alcohol related but her version of "Fever" really sizzles! I also love her slow narrative type songs...."Cottage for Sale", "I saw You" etc.
Class act all the way! 
 She was at her best with a small combo of maybe just three pieces. She described herself as a lounge act but unfortunately for some of her last releases some idiot put her in front of one of those way over-brassed blaring Vegas orchestras.
I have probably over twenty of her releases and am always on the look out for anything I haven't got.

Dave, you absolutely MUST do a Julie figure....not a Barbie version I think. It may have to be one of those slimy things if you can find a suitable head-sculpt.
Tight sparkly dress etc.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 10:47 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Good advice Brian!
Love your club singer Dave, ...very stylish indeed!
And a martini as well!
I'm not at all familiar with Bobby Troup, but hey, he was married to Julie London, one of my all-time favourite singers and drinking companions!
(She could make reading the phone book sound seriously sexy! Hear her version of the Mickey Mouse theme for example. Old Walt would have a conniption fit!)
If indeed that's Bobby Troup in the link Dave provides then he definitely looks dark-haired to me.

Thanks Barry and sorry my ignorance is showing again. In my defense I'll just say that his silvery/grey hair looks blonde on B&W TV. and that's how I first saw him years ago.

Last edited by gibri on Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 11:05 pm

Ah yes, ....B&W TV!!! 
Memories! Laughing

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 11:12 pm

Thanks Barry,

So, what would you guys say is the definitive Julie London song?
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 11:22 pm

Oh Brian! SO MANY! 
Of course it's hard to go past "Fever" or "Cry Me a River" but personally I like so many of her songs.
How about "I Want You for Christmas" for a seasonal favourite?
It absolutely annihilates that execrable thing warbled by Maria Carey that has been known to cause me to consider battering someone to death with a frozen turkey in the supermarket aisle!
Julie was master of the sophisticated innuendo, ...NEVER sleazy, but always highly sexualised, and she was a very good looking woman.
Look for her duo of "Bye Bye Blackbird" with double bass player Don Bagley, specially that very last chord and you'll know what I mean.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x312m53 

Dave you mentioned seeing Julie in some bad movie. You absolutely HAVE to track down "Nabonga" that has Julie playing a jungle girl, who has somehow managed to survive a plane crash back in her childhood, and now lives in a cave and has a giant gorilla as a protector and pet!
She doesn't sing, and it's definitely not one of Julie's high points, but you will laugh so much at the sheer improbability of it all. Very "Tiki" too!
Best not to ask where she gets the fetching little sarong numbers she wears!

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 DiMBRc

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 1:19 am

gibri wrote:
So, what would you guys say is the definitive Julie London song?

As Barry says, "Cry Me a River" is the number most closely associated with Julie London. My personal favorites include the previously mentioned "One More For My Baby and One More For the Road" and her suggestive take on the already overtly suggestive "My Heart Belongs to Daddy." If you want to hear a song turned completely on its head relative to how it is usually thought of, well, Barry mentioned Julie's "Mickey Mouse Club March," but if you want something seriously steamy, listen to what she does to "Give a Little Whistle" from the Disney film Pinocchio. That ain't a song about a puppet boy and a cricket, not the way Julie does it!

LeStryge wrote:
... you mentioned seeing Julie in some bad movie. You absolutely HAVE to track down "Nabonga" that has Julie playing a jungle girl, who has somehow managed to survive a plane crash....

Julie London and Buster "Flash Gordon" Crabbe? Together on the Silver Screen? In a terrible tiki-fest of a grade-Z jungle flick? I MUST SEE THIS!!!!
The film is available to stream online. That's probably the best way to see it, rather than actually spending money on a DVD made from a badly deteriorated 16mm print.

Julie London would have only been 17 while making the film. Surprisingly, I see a number of positive comments from legitimate film critics and historians about aspects of this movie. Not the movie as a whole, necessarily, but aspects of it. And the gorilla is portrayed by another famous movie serial personality, Ray "Crash" Corrigan.

Thanks for the hot film tip!

(I'll also be keeping an eye out for the movie poster on the usual online money-spending places.)

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 4:09 am

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 50987744156_ebd8312e85_z
Born to be Wild

Desdæmona and Liusyphora – Desi and Lucy to their friends – take the Vespa for a quick spin.

TBLeague PL2018-120 Purgatori figure(s)
New Ray 1/6 scale Vespa motor scooter

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 4:20 am

That Vespa has a side-car too? Cool!
I'm definitely hearing "Highway to Hell"! (AC/DC)

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 6:52 am

Survey says:  Cry Me a River, most often purchased Julie London song on iTunes.

Thanks guys!

Unholy cow, Dave, don't you also have (multiples of) this figure in 1/12th scale? --Nice!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 8:02 am

Love that shot Dave!

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 am

It’s a real pity you can’t take the Vespa for a quick spin actually outside. They look like Desdæmona and Liusyphora are having way to much fun. Thanks for posting this picture.

Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:10 pm

Can't let the mention of Julie London go by with posting this link to her most famous song "Cry Me a River". (Check out her figure BTW!)
It's a video with her haunting Tom Ewell. 
Yes he's that bloke from "Seven Year Itch" whose name no one ever remembers because we were all too busy ogling Marilyn Monroe!
Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwheXIa8Cl0

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 5:01 am

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 50991044688_09dc006940_z
Vampi and Lady Bat go for a spin

TBLeague Vampirella
TBLeague Lady Bat
New Ray 1/6 scale Vespa motor scooter

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agents of SCU-HQ
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Seamless Collections (TBL-Phicen & Jiaou Figures) :: Seamless Figure Collections-
Jump to: