ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Agents of SCU-HQ

Go down 
+10
gibri
No Face Fan.
TNshooter
londonroadhog
inntruderr61
Blondeactionman
somekindajoe
Beatlefan
Gunner Munro
Rogue-Trooper
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 5:55 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Kind of looks a lot like the girl on the right.....

I'm sure any resemblance is purely intentional coincidental. Razz

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 7:34 am

I’m really liking your Nora LeValle. It’s really nice to see a actual outside pictures.

Last edited by Prof Gangrene Fan on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 7:54 am

Very nice Dave. I love the outside pics of her bounce bounce bounce

Sabotage
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Nice outdoor pics Dave .

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 3:17 pm

Great looking figure Dave. Nice shots.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 12:05 am

Great figure, Dave!!!

She does look something of a type, but a very good type...a type worth repeating... Wink

Nice crisp clear pics!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 12:07 am

They do say that somewhere we all have a Twin... ;-)
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Isn't the last one a nun or something?
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 10:55 pm

Yeah... or something.  scratch

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 50183240946_5945bf0c04_w  -  Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 51014426718_20c833bebe_w

I believe my original nun took up the drums and joined a band, so I may need to revisit the Convent to see if there is anyone remaining who has not yet succumbed to the carnal allure of earthly pursuits.

Or... perhaps Jade and Sister Dominique could be... sisters! Shocked

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 11:58 pm

Maybe she could be a singing nun.....

Dominique-nique-nique
S’en allait tout simplement
Routier, pauvre et chantant
En tous chemins, en tous lieux
Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu
Il ne parle que du Bon Dieu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g_G5U4Ze9Y
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 3:14 am

Maybe she could be a singing nun.....

Dominique-nique-nique

Hence her name, Sister Dominique (although I know Dominique is usually a masculine name, and her name should properly be Sister Gabrielle or Sister Luc-Gabrielle).

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 4:03 am

In French, Dominique can be either a male of female name. I'm of course of an age where I can remember Soeur Sourire's (The Singing Nun's) one and only hit, though it was a pretty big one.

I do however love this scene from the completely fake movie version starring Debbie Reynolds, Ricardo Montalban, Ed Sullivan, and some nuns that are almost as hot as your Sister Dominique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpEPhjy7k2w

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 4:14 am

In French, Dominique can be either a male of female name.  I'm of course of an age where I can remember Soeur Sourire's (The Singing Nun's) one and only hit, though it was a pretty big one.

Yes, I looked up the gender appropriateness of the name. And I watched the movie not too many months ago.

When I was a student in elementary school, one year the music teacher taught us Dominique.

And this version is pretty adorable:

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 4:18 am

You know it's a little bit weird when even the Mother Superior looks kind of hot. And of course, whenever I see Ricardo Montalban, I have to bite my lip from shouting out "Welcome to Fantasy Island," or "Khan! Khan! Khaaaaan!"
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 4:25 am

You know it's a little bit weird when even the Mother Superior looks kind of hot.  And of course, whenever I see Ricardo Montalban, I have to bite my lip from shouting out "Welcome to Fantasy Island,"  or "Khan! Khan! Khaaaaan!"

I caught a movie called Fiesta (1947) starring Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban in his first major film role, and this scene blew me away:

I know Montalban was "finger syncing" but obviously he was a talented pianist to make it look so convincing. He also dances up a storm in the movie, arguably out-dancing Cyd Charisse.
(Watch for the cameo by "Batman's butler, Alfred.")

So... I suppose this discussion belongs in the TV, Movies, & Comics topic, but... whatever.
geek

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 4:36 am

Awesome. Never seen this. Ah...poor Ricardo. Like Anthony Quinn, another Mexican guy largely condemned to being a character actor playing foreigners and Indians in American films. They were both so much better that that....One of the things that I liked about Montalban is that he actually had the rather flowery mannerisms of the Spanish aristocracy that once ruled Mexico down pat. Even when playing Khan in Star Trek, he came off more as conquistador than an Sikh Prince.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 4:39 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
In French, Dominique can be either a male of female name.  I'm of course of an age where I can remember Soeur Sourire's (The Singing Nun's) one and only hit, though it was a pretty big one.

Yes, I looked up the gender appropriateness of the name. And I watched the movie not too many months ago.

When I was a student in elementary school, one year the music teacher taught us Dominique.

And this version is pretty adorable:

Quite adorable.  In case you didn't already know, "Jean Sans Terre"  (Landless John) is King John of England who was known as Jean Sans Terre in France because unlike his predecessors, he owned no lands in France.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 4:58 am

Awesome. Never seen this. Ah...poor Ricardo.  Like Anthony Quinn, another Mexican guy largely condemned to being a character actor playing foreigners and Indians in American films.  

Montalban had excellent and memorable roles, and in addition, he added several phrases to the cultural lexicon: Khaaaan! (Yes, I know, he didn't say it, but the line is linked more to him than to Shatner); Welcome... to Fantasy Island!; and, of course, rich Corinthian leather!

(And, to a lesser extent, the phrase, "I like what they've done to my car!")

Additionally, did you know it was Montalban who introduced the Christmas season classic song, "Baby, It's Cold Outside", in the film Neptune's Daughter (1949), again with Esther Williams?

When I was a kid, I thought Montalban was cool. Now that I've discovered his early films, in which he sings, dances, and comes across as a natural for musical-comedy, I have come to appreciate his talents to a much greater extent.

The world needs a Ricardo Montalban action figure!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 3:05 am

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 1vhb8s

- - - - - -
- - - - - -

Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 July1
TBLeague Vampirella - Caroline Munro Edition

The comic book character Vampirella was created by the staff of Warren Publications in 1969. By the early 1970s the character, as illustrated by artists Frank Frazetta and Jose Gonzalez, had become popular enough that planning began for a live-action motion picture. Actress Caroline Munro, known for her eye-catching roles in horror, sci-fi, and fantasy films, was initially tapped for the starring role. Unfortunately, the project never progressed beyond the early pre-production stages. Munro dropped out, other actresses were cast before also leaving the project, and the project eventually collapsed, but not before various "teaser" advertisements had appeared in the film industry press as well as in several Warren Publications magazines.

This TBLeague version of the Vampirella character is based on the movie that never was starring Caroline Munro. The box art closely duplicates the pre-production advertising and poster art mock-ups from the unproduced film, and the head sculpt for the figure is based on the actress.

Uncharacteristically, I almost immediately opened the parcel upon arrival, at least partially. The large shipping box felt somewhat lighter than I would have expected relative to its size, so I wanted to make sure the contents were correct. I have yet to unbox the actual figure. Who knows when, or if, that will happen. The way things have been going in the seamless market over the past year or so, it might be worthwhile to set the box aside and wait until the initial run is sold out. Some of the TBLeague figures escalate to astonishing prices shortly after the initial stock is sold.

However, this particular figure seems to be lingering on the market longer than others. I suspect the optimum "target demographic" for this character, and especially for this version of the character, has aged out of the actively collecting phase. In a few years, if not already, those who were teens and early twenty-somethings in the mid-1970s will be selling off their collections; or trying to, only to discover that the former '90s kids, as they reach peak earning power, prefer Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Care Bears over relics from the '70s like Vampi... or Darth Vader. Only a few oddball fans of kitschy old movies, magazines, and comic books might be interested.

Meaning... I'll eventually open Vampi-Caroline, probably some time prior to Halloween (which is already coming our way at mind-boggling speed).

AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 5:47 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Additionally, did you know it was Montalban who introduced the Christmas season classic song, "Baby, It's Cold Outside", in the film Neptune's Daughter (1949), again with Esther Williams?
If I may be so bold as to intrude in this thread, "Baby it's Cold Outside" has since come in for a lot of flak apparently due to the single line "Say what's in this drink" being somehow extrapolated by the ever offended PC Brigade to refer to "drug date rape"....I kid you not!
Here's another version of the same song where the gender roles are reversed to humorous effect by Red Skelton and Betty Garrett.
Lot's of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDLpz88V-I

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 7:18 am

LeStryge wrote:

Here's another version of the same song where the gender roles are reversed to humorous effect by Red Skelton and Betty Garrett.
Lot's of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDLpz88V-I

The Skelton-Garrett version is from the same film, Neptune's Daughter. Actually, it is intercut with, or follows, the Montalban-Williams version. The contrast makes the Skelton version even funnier than the lyrics and performances alone. The movie as a whole is somewhat uneven, but it definitely has some highlights.

Yes, sadly, the "PC Police" have made a big fuss over this song every year for the past few years here in the States. One of the Sirius XM satellite radio stations, that for most of the year is "40s Junction," switches over to "Holiday Classics" during December, and multiple versions of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" are in heavy rotation. It's rare to have any type of media platform go against the grain with this sort of thing, so it amuses me to no end that 40s Junction / Holiday Classics does this.

Your motion picture/pop culture/musical/historical "intrusions" are always whole-heartedly welcome in any topic I post!

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 12:50 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Your motion picture/pop culture/musical/historical "intrusions" are always whole-heartedly welcome in any topic I post!
It's interesting that the PC Whiners have no problem with the male being encouraged to stay, just when it's the woman.
There's a very relevant real-life parallel to be observed here with the comparative re-actions to Bill Cosby and Cardi B.

whenever I see Ricardo Montalban, I have to bite my lip from shouting out "Welcome to Fantasy Island,"  or "Khan! Khan! Khaaaaan!"
I can't help hearing "De plane Boss, ...de plane!"

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 8:24 am

Hey Dave. Is this one one of yours Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 B950-B601-0-EBE-45-A1-947-C-3877-F4-B9497-D
Because I really like the whole pose with the locket and her black hooded cloak.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 8:30 am

Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
Hey Dave. Is this one one of yours ...
Because I really like the whole pose with the locket and her black hooded cloak.

Yes, that is one of my photos taken several months ago. You can't really tell, but the light above the figure is an actual full moon, which I thought was pretty cool to be able to capture in a photo of an 11-inch figure.

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 10:51 pm

She does have that "Madonna-ish" expression!

PostSubject: Re: Agents of SCU-HQ   Agents of SCU-HQ - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agents of SCU-HQ
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Seamless Collections (TBL-Phicen & Jiaou Figures) :: Seamless Figure Collections-
Jump to: