ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !

Go down 
+8
inntruderr61
Gunner Munro
ActionYankee
SCU_HQ
Blondeactionman
Sparklebudgie
Rustygun
Rogue-Trooper
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Red Devil
Gunner Munro

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Empty
PostSubject: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 8:26 pm

Hi folks

I'm deffo getting my Mojo back again.. started to take a long hard look at the Munrovian OPFOR.. and will do a full review in next few weeks. I wanted to start to upgrade them with some simple Mods .

So I'm starting to think about Volga and the Volgans.. I blame Richard and Steve ( aka Beatlefan and SKJ ! lol! ).. oh and Chris ( aka Rouge trooper for his Urban squad.. Rolling Eyes  lol! .. oh and Alexander (aka Prof Gangrene for Major Bludds troopers ... Shocked  lol! )

I came across some Uni's while browsing Amazon..I had some Chad Valley boys I was keeping for Volgans as I think they looked the part..cold , merciless killers..

Here is a first fit.. I want to do some more with the helmets and some suitable decals ( these are from Special forces figures) and I think are suitably "Russian'/sorry Volgan.. in outlook.

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7440

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7441

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7441

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7443

NCO's beret is from A&S budget AM- fits these guys much better than the A&S headsculpt ( IMHO)- again I'll look for a suitable badge of rank.

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7444

3 more Uni's are on order to create a squad of there 1st Volgan Shock troops

Thanks for looking - As I said I want to give these guys just enough attention to make them worth OPFOR for the Munrovians .

Blondeactionman, Sparklebudgie and gibri like this post

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Excellent start to the squad Gunner cheers
I'm loving those boots

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Arctic Explorer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 pm

Great looking squad gunner.

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Gunner I’m so pleased that you’v getting your Mojo back again. I totally agree with you Gunner on that the Chad Valley figures do have that part..cold look, merciless killers. The 1st Volgan Shock troops outfits they are wearing are simple and plain and really suits them. How many 1st Volgan Shock troops are their going to be ?

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 6:18 am

Nice team!!!

Some decals would look very cool on those helmets and that beret.

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 7:51 am

A terrific looking group of recruits Steve! looking forward too seeing more of what you come up with! Good too see the mojo has returned Very Happy

Red Devil
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Thanks for the comments folks ..

Alexander , there will be 6 1st Volgan shock troops as the first squad...and folks as you say they deffo need some decals and insignia. Wink

I'm also remembering with VAM , less is more lol! - Next stop .. back to the Iron Guard and the Red Claws !! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Red Devil
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Glad to see your mojo has returned as well.

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Looking good Steve. Very Happy That kit suits those Chads really well.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 8:38 am

gibri wrote:

I had a go when I was making some Volgan troops a couple of years ago for a photoshoot I still haven't done yet! Rolling Eyes

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! 41797736-233443454185100-673331630835761152-n

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! 41826404-1858253540889512-1499463590879428608-n

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! 41990968-2183570678546845-9164904183197859840-n

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 9:13 am

looking good Steve! bounce bounce

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 5:04 pm

Intimidating figures! Shocked Don't mess with those guys!

Red Devil
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 8:44 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
gibri wrote:

I had a go when I was making some Volgan troops a couple of years ago for a photoshoot I still haven't done yet! Rolling Eyes
Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! 41990968-2183570678546845-9164904183197859840-n

Looking really Fab Steve. Great combo of urban combats , SAS webbing and those very rare Ruskie helmets Cool Cool - I've been on the computer and have started to try and size up some Volgan Insignia Wink

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
NAVY FROGMAN
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Are those unis bought as one? Or piece by piece?

Link(s)?

Very Happy

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Gunner Munro
Red Devil
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Decal update   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi team,

I've added a few decals to the Volgans .. helps pull the uni together .. just need a few more additions of equipment and they will look fine I think..

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7551

Added a new Commander figure using a different headsculpt.

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7556

Here is his beret badge plus rank insignia on chest.

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7553
Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7554
Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7555

The troopers.. 2 more to be added to ranks..

While I was there I updated the Grey Wolves .

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7545

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7546

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7547

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7550

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7548

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! IMG-7549

There final shot is of the Commander figure.. he is wearing some HM forces Webbing I adjusted to fit.. but more of that story to come...Wink

Thanks for looking cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Sweet pics... cheers

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 9:22 pm

I’m really liking the added few decals that you did to the Volgans. The new Commander looks like a commander and he probably acts like a commander too. I’m also really liking the updates on the Grey Wolves. Question why are they called the Grey Wolfs ?

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 9:43 pm

Well done on getting those unis so homogenized Steve. Looks a fab squad. Very Happy cheers
A helmet that fits over the Max Steele head-sculpt too. Very Happy
Always loved the proportion and articulation on those but the wavy hair head-sculpt was limiting in the kitbash regard.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Looking good! The helmet badges really pull the squad together! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 6:18 am

The decals look great! They really give a sense of completion and a unique identity to the unit.

Well done, Steve!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !   Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunner Munros's OPFOR collection..Dragonians and Volgans !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Collections-
Jump to: