ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets

Go down 
+2
No Face Fan.
Rustygun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Empty
PostSubject: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 10:57 pm

A gent on Flickr pointed me to this site, a UK-based source for a variety of pith helmets, sun helmets, and military helmets:

http://www.antheads.co.uk/catguide/helmets

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Arctic Explorer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:02 am

I’ve bought a few bits from Tony Barton .....
Cap badges .....helmets, rifles
The helmets and a couple of the rifles in this pic are from him...you have to paint them yourself
I remember they were a bit small for action mans head ,so I spent quite a bit of time rubbing the inside of the helmets with sandpaper to make them fit ...

Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets 4501C376-6563-4943-8090-35304990CE69

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 8:00 am

I’m really liking the group picture.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 8:06 am

Great shot Dean of a terrific group of lads! bounce bounce

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: The sun helmet's Dave was referring to.    Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 7:04 pm

I ordered two India Pattern (Sola Topi) sun helmets from Tony Barton at Anthead's. One for Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, OBE, another for another as yet to be created male character. I like them very much. They come cast in resin, unpainted with the pugaree and glare reduction underside cast into them. Painting them was a whiz. They are however unlined, and to keep snug fit I used foam sealing strip cut into small sections to improvise a liner to keep the helmet from moving around her head. Tony also makes 19thC helmets, Wolseley pattern helmets and sells hardware to add to the Wolseley to make a Royal Marine full dress helmet.

Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets 50166910373_7718b32b6e_cKatanga Lost Diamonds001 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets 50167440166_4c01f8f580_cKatanga Lost Diamonds014 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets 50175982852_d3cd26b94c_cKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 7:38 pm

Those helmets..just like Glynnis....are a thing of beauty  cheers I think I might order a couple...of the helmets not Glynnis lol!

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 7:41 pm

At any rate, Glynnis is on secondment to Kimono Troop, Striker Blue Squadron at the moment, so she'd probably refuse your orders Wink
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
At any rate, Glynnis is on secondment to Kimono Troop, Striker Blue Squadron at the moment, so she'd probably refuse your orders Wink

I've been married for 32 years...so I'm used to my orders being refused lol! lol!

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:22 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:

I've been married for 32 years...so I'm used to my orders being refused lol! lol!

Practice makes perfect.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Those helmets..just like Glynnis....are a thing of beauty. I think I might order a couple...of the helmets not Glynnis.

I ordered a Glynnis; well, the bits and pieces to create a Glynnis-inspired figure. (Still need to find shorts and equipment belt.)

Wouldn't mind ordering a Guinness, come to think. Best have a rummage through the fridge, see what I can dredge up.

French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Mmmmmmmm Guinness cheers cheers

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:59 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Those helmets..just like Glynnis....are a thing of beauty. I think I might order a couple...of the helmets not Glynnis.

I ordered a Glynnis; well, the bits and pieces to create a Glynnis-inspired figure. (Still need to find shorts and equipment belt.)

Wouldn't mind ordering a Guinness, come to think. Best have a rummage through the fridge, see what I can dredge up.

Hmmm...I wonder....Does Glynnis have a twin sister?
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:06 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

We know Glynnis has a cousin, Laura, and cousin Laura has a sister. There could be quite an extensive family tree.

There are also a number of "clones" running around on this forum. But I have learned that it can "ruffle some feathers" to directly "clone" another member's character, even with permission, so no worries, my SDH018 will not be an exact "Glynnis" duplicate. Hmmm... Gladys Shilling-Tuppence... no one would ever suspect!
Razz

I appreciate your so readily sharing the bits and pieces that make up your figures!

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:12 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

We know Glynnis has a cousin, Laura, and cousin Laura has a sister. There could be quite an extensive family tree.

There are also a number of "clones" running around on this forum. But I have learned that it can "ruffle some feathers" to directly "clone" another member's character, even with permission, so no worries, my SDH018 will not be an exact "Glynnis" duplicate. Hmmm... Gladys Shilling-Tuppence... no one would ever suspect!
Razz

I appreciate your so readily sharing the bits and pieces that make up your figures!

It's a bit like photography. All true photographers share their tricks. As to you're doing a figure inspired by Glynnis? I'm flattered, not upset. In any case, I'm just the guy who put the parts together, not the guy who created the wonderful head sculpt or the sun helmet or the other pieces of kit. But what is the purpose of this forum if not to share what we've created and draw from the ideas, styles and techniques of others. Besides.... how many people on this forum have identical Action Man / GI Joe figures?

Rogue-Trooper likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:00 pm

]
It's a bit like photography.  All true photographers share their tricks.  As to you're doing a figure inspired by Glynnis?  I'm flattered, not upset. In any case, I'm just the guy who put the parts together, not the guy who created the wonderful head sculpt or the sun helmet or the other pieces of kit.  But what is the purpose of this forum if not to share what we've created and draw from the ideas, styles and techniques of others.  Besides.... how many people on this forum have identical Action Man / GI Joe figures?  

Very well said sir cheers cheers  cheers

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:

]
It's a bit like photography.  All true photographers share their tricks.  As to you're doing a figure inspired by Glynnis?  I'm flattered, not upset. In any case, I'm just the guy who put the parts together, not the guy who created the wonderful head sculpt or the sun helmet or the other pieces of kit.  But what is the purpose of this forum if not to share what we've created and draw from the ideas, styles and techniques of others.  Besides.... how many people on this forum have identical Action Man / GI Joe figures?  

Very well said sir cheers cheers  cheers

Thank-you. I am currently working on a post that will shortly be posted in the seamless section explaining my stylistic choices and why my figures look the way they do and as will be seen, I draw my influences from a series of sources. Ergo, there is not really all that much in my collection that is really original in nature to begin with. I know what I like when I see it, and think nothing of emulating what I like stylistically.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Besides.... how many people on this forum have identical Action Man / GI Joe figures?  

Well... all painted-hair Joes wearing jumpsuits look pretty much alike. Razz

And rumor has it that the characters Joe and Hank may have taken up residence at more than one HQ. Shocked

Your are correct, though, that on this forum everyone (whom I have encountered, at any rate) is quite willing to share hints, tips, and sources... and there has been more than one instance of character crossovers among different members' storylines.

(The minor incident to which I previously alluded occurred elsewhere, not here.)

All of which, to me at least, is part of the fun!

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:25 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Besides.... how many people on this forum have identical Action Man / GI Joe figures?  

Well... all painted-hair Joes wearing jumpsuits look pretty much alike. Razz

And rumor has it that the characters Joe and Hank may have taken up residence at more than one HQ. Shocked

Your are correct, though, that on this forum everyone (whom I have encountered, at any rate) is quite willing to share hints, tips, and sources... and there has been more than one instance of character crossovers among different members' storylines.

I don't have issues with that. I am also a member of OneSixthFigures.com and I can't tell you how often some of us have expressed the wish that it would be possible for some of us to meet and do a crossover photo shoot / story with a mix of our figure / characters and just have a jolly old time admiring each other's work, sharing tips and so on. I will in the next few minutes be posting a thread explaining the influences in my collection and inviting others to do so. It will be posted in the seamless section.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 12:10 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

Razz

The name of Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing was actually inspired by the Monty Python Book Shop sketch and "The Amazing Adventures of Captain Gladys Stoat-Pamphlet and her Intrepid Spaniel Stig Among the Giant Pygmies of Beccles, Volume VIII."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets   Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Source for 1/6 Scale Pith Sun Safari Helmets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: General 1/6 Figure Chat-
Jump to: