ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Empty
PostSubject: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi all , I realise this is not seamless figure , but thought I might get more help here , as it does seem to be more female dominant figure wise . Having not collected much in the last years , I still have urges and things I would like to for fill in my 1/6th world . Many of you may not remember the release of this figure , she is getting on in years , but I am looking for a body that is the same size as hers so I can perhaps use her head on a better poseable body , and use the spare uniforms I have of hers for other kit bashes . So I am looking for any suggestions , but don`t want to use seamless bodies , sorry . She is a very thin petit figure , I attached a link to her photo . Please feel free to move my post to somewhere more appropriate or helpful .

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=UiDuUJzB&id=1CC0A2B385CC3CD069ED6CC5694BC83D2072901A&thid=OIP.UiDuUJzBpPpXUuMZmOb_PwHaJ4&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fi.ebayimg.com%2fimages%2fi%2f221323768487-0-1%2fs-l1000.jpg&exph=960&expw=720&q=Dragon+vietcong+&simid=608033915943584198&ck=02BA1E39BE9E13B1D08666E598ADC481&selectedIndex=4&FORM=IRPRST&ajaxhist=0

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 11:10 pm

Nice looking figure Chip. I think your best bet would probably be a pop toysl female or maybe a Dam toys female body. The problem you will have is matching the colour. However, if he body is going to be covered, this may nt e an issue? You may have to mod the body a little to fit the original hands and maybe the neck post too, but this is just an educated guess?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-POPTOYS-92003-92004-XING-Series-Flexible-Suntan-Pale-Female-Body-Figure-Toy/163814738614?hash=item26241e8ab6:g:kUcAAOSwnJhdS3If

I can't find a link for a female damtoys, but I have just come across these, I must stress, I have no clue as to what they are like as I have never purchased one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JIAOU-DOLL-1-6-Scale-Female-Body-12-Flexible-Women-Middle-Bust-Action-Figure/174332475906?hash=item2897067a02:g:TZsAAOSwsvhe-aO1

Hope it helps Chip cheers
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 11:42 pm

Thanks for those offers my friend , I have almost given up on matching sculpts to body colours , all the choices of sculpts and bodies and hands and neck posts ........have made it a mine field . I don`t really want to risk just eyeing it off the net , I think all those bodies still look a bit to big ? If your not familiar with the Linh figure she is way off most figure sizes , and smaller . Kind of like Barbie thin but likely not as tall .

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 1:33 am

I needed a more slim, petite body recently to match an "undersized" head sculpt, and I went with a Kumik 2.5 style:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KUMIK-2-5-Female-Suntan-Body-Model-1-6-Scale-Extra-Accessory-For-12-Figure-Toy/223287632623

Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  50132397767_98b45f3e1a_m
Kumik head on Kumik 2.5 body wearing Wild Hearts Crew jacket and top

This body is not quite as slim as a Barbie overall, but close, and the bust is smaller than Barbie; the top she is wearing here is from one of Mattel's Wild Hearts Crew dolls, which are more trim through the bust but wider at the waist and shoulders than Barbie.

Kumik bodies include hands that can be switched out.

You say you do not want to go "seamless," but in TBLeague seamless bodies, the S26A (pale) and S27B (tan) medium bust bodies are more petite than the standard TBLeague, being slightly shorter and significantly narrower through the shoulders. I managed to slip a very trim Momoko dress on to an S26A body, and some Barbie and Pullip doll clothing fits.

Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  49892614123_49e3c7d08d_m
Momoko head and dress on TBLeague S26A body

Speaking of Pullip dolls, which feature trim, hard plastic bodies that are even more slim than Barbie, people in the doll hobby who want bodies with better articulation for their Pullips usually use 27cm Obitsu bodies:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Obitsu-1-6-Female-27cm-Body-Soft-Bust-Medium-SBH-M-Natural-Magnet-27BD-F06N-G/303638764705

There is also a 26cm Obitsu if you need something shorter than "Barbie size":

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Obitsu-26BD-F01W-M-26cm-Girl-Body-White-M-size-Bust-Pure-neemo-Flection-Doll-NEW/133146915619

Obitsu bodies are available in several styles: soft bust, hard bust, small, medium, and large bust.

If you really need something trim, you can watch for a Type 3 Pullip body on eBay. I cannot find any current listings, but bodies turn up fairly regularly and are usually inexpensive. Here's a  link to a "sold" listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-body-pullip-type-3-3-/274395243471

One more option that is popular among both doll and action figure customizers is the MTM or Made to Move body that Mattel currently offers on some of its Barbie releases.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-Barbie-Made-to-Move-Ultimate-Posable-Barbie-Doll-Basketball-Player/274453643775

I'm not a fan of the MTM bodies because I find the joints unsightly, but for a figure that would be wearing a complete uniform, it might be an excellent option. I do not have direct experience with MTM bodies, but everything I've read said the range of motion is excellent and the figures hold a pose well.

Perhaps some of this info will help. Or, more likely, it will simply contribute to information overload.

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 2:50 am

Okay... I found a "nude" pic of the Dragon Vietcong "Linh" fig on eBay. I'll link to the pic for reference:

http://www.puuikibeach.com/images/ammo/dragon_vietcong.jpg

(I'm only linking rather than posting the image because... that is one weird looking action figure body! Nightmare stuff! Definitely designed to work with a uniform rather than to be visible.)

Very wide at the shoulders. Very narrow at the hips. Basically a connecting rod for the waist. Interesting.

The Kumik might work. So might an Obitsu. You'd probably want to go with a medium rather than a small bust, as the top and shoulders look relatively wide. But you'll need something with narrow hips if you want the original costume to fit.

This Obitsu 27cm hard bust looks like it approximates the shape of the original Dragon body:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Obitsu-1-6-BJD-Doll-Female-27cm-Body-Hard-Bust-Natural-Skin-27BD-F01N/303638759479

Perhaps some of the members with more experience with various body types can look at the link and come up with some suggestions.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 8:19 am

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am

Dal , Dave , thanks very much for all those links and advice , it`s kind of you to take the time to post . I been eyeing that Barbie multi pose figure , as I just got a gut feeling she will work . I will take a more studied look at the other suggestions over the next day or so .

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 11:08 am

Chip wrote:
Dal , Dave , thanks very much for all those links and advice , it`s kind of you to take the time to post . I been eyeing that Barbie multi pose figure , as I just got a gut feeling she will work . I will take a more studied look at the other suggestions over the next day or so .

Oh, I never thought of that Chip, my wife has one of those made to move Barbie's but she never opens them (must be a Barbie collector thing?) I really do think you could be onto something there bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 11:30 am

I just looked at Dave's nude pic of Linh , looking back she is a bit of an odd shape by todays standards . Do you think those Barbies are as narrow in the leg Dal ?

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Chip wrote:
I just looked at Dave's nude pic of Linh , looking back she is a bit of an odd shape by todays standards . Do you think those Barbies are as narrow in the leg Dal ?

I would have said yes Chip, well depending n which one you go for? The standard made to move Barbie would be your best bet bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 1:12 pm

How do you tell the standard ones ? I did not know there are variations .

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Chip wrote:
How do you tell the standard ones ? I did not know there are variations .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barbie-Made-To-Move-Blonde-Hair-Doll/372855191936?epid=8034764219&hash=item56cfe6b980:g:CdsAAOSwfVtd3TZ0

The one in the link is the standard Barbie, sorry to course confusion Chip, it's just that you wouldn't want barbies "chubby" friend
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Cheers Dal . Very Happy

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Just ordered the multi pose Barbie , fingers crossed , if it terns out a non starter maybe your Mrs can make me an offer Dal . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 7:21 pm

Multi pose Barbie showed up today Very Happy  I have fitted Linh`s head on which did need to be modified a bit , but looks pretty good Very Happy  The trousers were extremely tight to fit , but the jacket is a good fit too . Now Barbies hand are pretty dire for an action figure , and the feet are very diddy to . So any recommendations for replacement hands that can manage an AK47 , and some slightly larger feet please . Very Happy

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 11:12 pm

Chip wrote:
Multi pose Barbie showed up today Very Happy  I have fitted Linh`s head on which did need to be modified a bit , but looks pretty good Very Happy  The trousers were extremely tight to fit , but the jacket is a good fit too . Now Barbies hand are pretty dire for an action figure , and the feet are very diddy to . So any recommendations for replacement hands that can manage an AK47 , and some slightly larger feet please . Very Happy

Hi Chip, pleased to read that the body has worked out well. As for hands and feet, I could only suggest drilling out the old old ones (Its not as hard as it sounds). I might have a spare set of gloved hands with pegs that should work, but not feet. I might have some feet somewhere, I shall have a look tomorrow for you chip bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 11:42 pm

Very kind Dal , thank you , no probs drilling out have done that on other figures . Need bare hands though as she is Vietcong , they didn`t wear gloves to my knowledge but if the gloved hands have flesh coloured removeable pegs I maybe able to use those as I found quite a few spare hand sets out there advertised for Phicen figures , but no pegs with them . Arrow So long since I messed with figures , I really lost track of so much that`s gone by .

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 7:47 am

Chip wrote:
Very kind Dal , thank you , no probs drilling out have done that on other figures . Need bare hands though as she is Vietcong , they didn`t wear gloves to my knowledge but if the gloved hands have flesh coloured removeable pegs I maybe able to use those as I found quite a few spare hand sets out there advertised for Phicen figures , but no pegs with them . Arrow So long since I messed with figures , I really lost track of so much that`s gone by .

Happy to help Chip, I will check my spares a little later bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help    Dragon`s " Linh "  Figure Help  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon`s " Linh " Figure Help
Page 1 of 1