ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Much ?

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
Rogue-Trooper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi all , I drop in and out of the world of 1/6th figures , life , work and other hobbies munch up much of my spare time . But I am on a 1/6th kick at the moment . I see the prices not changed much , and many spares and splits from boxed figures are expensive . I don`t think I am particularly tight but .... well what are you guys paying for head sculpts and new bodies ect . £50 notes for a complete nude or anything from £20 upwards for a decent sculpt , I find those prices a bit hard to justify but odd ones I would really like . Do you just go for it , go without or wait and hope it comes up cheaper and possibly miss out on it ?

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 10:32 pm

I put off buying a particular headsculpt about 6 months back...and now it doesn't exist anymore. So now I just go for it. I dont think that the prices for headsculpts and bodies is too bad, but the prices for female clothing can be crazy...sometimes as expensive as buying a full size version.

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 11:18 pm

As the sculpts have become more detailed, the prices have risen. also Chris is correct, a lot of heads are done on limited runs, and once their gone, their gone. I must admit, I haven't looked into male sculpts at the moment, but if they follow the female head trend, then I should imagine they will range from 20 upwards.
After missing out on a few sculpts, I tend to just go for it now, as not too miss out. On the upside, they also tend to hold their resale value.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 11:47 pm

I agree, the prices are a bit hard to take, but I've tried waiting, and as Rogue-Trooper says, either the heads or bodies are discontinued or the prices rise as stock runs low. After my latest "buying binge" I hope I'm done for a while. But it seems like there's always just one more that becomes a must have.
Rolling Eyes

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 4:44 am

I usually pay an average of $35-$40 USD for female head sculpts but have paid as much as $60.00 US for both of my Tomoe Gozen head sculpts which are the basis of Kamiko Takahara. I snatched both up when I had the chance because they are usually only available as part of the complete Tomoe figure, and seem to be very popular. The last time I grabbed one, Monkey Depot had at least 5 available at 7PM one night but all were gone by 11pm, so I was right to have wasted no time in grabbing it.

I guess as with all things, It's a question of how much you want a particular one. I love the SDH018's I use for Glynnis Penny-Farthing and her American cousin Laura Neville. Apparently, I have good taste as many others have commented on how beautiful these sculpts are.

How Much ?  33348865548_ed3a90db08_zTomoe_2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

How Much ?  48069017683_47514e068c_cTB League / Phicen by Gary Menten, on Flickr

How Much ?  50259644291_06d8e27dcf_cThe Gang by Gary Menten, on Flickr

How Much ?  50167435436_739b7afe35_cKatanga Lost Diamonds029 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

However as another poster wrote, when you wait to long to get one you want, it's often no longer available by the time you decide to try to get it. So....when you see a great head sculpt you really want, jump on it.

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 12:40 pm

At this point I start deducting the cost of the head from the cost of the whole boxed figure and asking myself if there is anything else useful in the set and how bad I really want it. providing the boxed set is still available.

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 1:28 pm

I threw caution to the wind and hit the buy it now button , I hope I can resist spending anymore as I have spent a lot in the last month or so.....at least for me . All the oppinions weighed so heavy here for not waiting I just went with it . Thanks for all the comments peeps . Very Happy

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Good decision. He who hesitates is left without the head sculpt.
Back to top Go down

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 1:21 am

I have a somewhat flexible budget, and when finding something on a site like eBay, look for the same item at a lower price. Most times this works, though many eBay China sellers use multiple seller names. I'd like to add to my Male seamless figures, but they are still very pricey. Not to mention most are overly muscled and not suitable for my needs. At the end of the day, if I see something I really want, I just go for it. I've learned that prices rarely go down, and often items sell out and you never see them listed again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How Much ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much ?    How Much ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Much ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: General 1/6 Figure Chat-
Jump to: