ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
the_pauley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Empty
PostSubject: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 am

Recently completed my Dreams & Visions GI Mademoiselle Marie Collection. This was part of the DC Comics WWII Heroes line which included Sgt Rock and the Men of Easy Company, Blackhawk, Miss Fear, Enemy Ace and the Unknown Soldier. Mademoiselle Marie was the French Resistance ally of Sgt Rock in the DC Comics series.

I was aiming to collect enough of the figures to display all of the outfits and recently got my last two from an online dealer. The boxed figure came in three variants. The most common was the short dark haired figure, then the long haired variant of which there were only 1,000 made and, rarest of all, the blonde haired version of which there were only 320 manufactured...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9507

However the centrepiece of the collection was this terrific gift set...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9501

Contents included Marie in her famous comic strip red sweater and beret and an accessory tray containing no less than three outfits and their accessories...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9502

The rear artwork on the accessory tray...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9503

The basic figure. This figure differs from the three individually boxed figures shown above in that she has blue eyes looking to the side, whereas the three boxed variants have front facing green eyes...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9511

Comes complete with a nicely detailed Thompson SMG...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9512

First outfit from the tray is the Peasant Resistance Fighter...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9518

Again kitted out with the Tommy Gun...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9517

Second is the Undercover outfit...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9521

This comes complete with a blonde wig as a disguise that needs to be pinned in place, but I much prefered the look with the short black hair so left the wig off...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9520

Her shoulder bag contains the first of several homages to the original GI Joe line...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9522

The French Resistance Fighter morse code radio set, but with a red phone instead of the headset...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9524

The third oufit from the tray is the Underground Demolition outfit...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9515

This features a darker red beret closer to the colour of a Parachute Regiment beret...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9516

There was one stand alone accessory card released in the range entitled Recon at The Moulin Rouge...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9504

Rear view of the set...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9505

Kitted out as an undercover prosti...er, I mean Can Can Dancer...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9525

The pistol and knife are concealed in a secret pouch on the inside of the Can Can dress...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9526

The set also contains a map and another nod to the original GI Joe line in the form of the waterproof cape...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9519

Finally one of the boxed figures...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9513

This is the most obvious homage to the original GI Joe Line in that (with the exception of the red scarf) she is kitted out in the same gear as the Soldiers of the World French Resistance Fighter, right down to the brown shoulder holster...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9514

Les Dames de la Resistance assembled...

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie IMG_9509

An unusual addition to the ranks of my French GI Joes and Action Men... and, of course, they are not dolls - they are fully articulated action figures... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:11 am

Marie is my favorite! I have a few, but that blonde is the best, still looking for her!

I have her in Medic, FR, and various unis related to the set you have! I was just thinking how she would look in a Spy Island set! Gotta do it!

Rick
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:04 am

wonderful mate, and to have the full set ? too, great stuff cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Awesome collection Pauley! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:20 am

Great thread Pauley. Thanks for sharing

Really like the gift set. One at amazon for 53 dollars . Is that a fair price?
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:15 am

I like Mlle Marie figures -- her blue eye make up is so 1960's.

The blonde version was originally planned to be the figure for a German Secretary disguise for Marie, but the line didn't catch on like they had hoped it would.

Too bad.
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:44 am

Awesome.... She is a stunning figure.... The make up works too .. Perfect for the Easy Co. WW era... Nice work

Len
Back to top Go down
BigBear
Painted Head
BigBear

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 am

I will say this only once!

C'est Fantastique!

The foggers are quoote omazing!

Are there many other Joe female figures? I have a Helicopter Pilot, but never seen another until now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.broadbandceilidh.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:46 pm

There was also the G.I. Jane Vietnam Nurse in the Classic Collection after the Helicopter Pilot and I think there may have been another but I cannot remember what.

Just remembered this young lady too
GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie $T2eC16V,!)EE9s2ugjY5BRhB!5v1s!~~60_35
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 1:30 pm

great figs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie   GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GI Joe: Mademoiselle Marie
Page 1 of 1