ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Empty
PostSubject: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 6:44 pm

After seeing Alex's very nice digital watch collection...
Even though most are boxed away at the present time I've collected dive watches over
the years...
My favorite Joes were the divers... lol!
Anyhow here's a dive watch I wear on my wrist at the present time...

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Img_9511

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Me10

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Great looking watch Jim! bounce bounce bounce

ASTRONAUGHT
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Nice watch Jim ..... I have an invicta..... I’m a bit of watch collector my self.... I will post a few when I get 5 minutes..

ASTRONAUGHT
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Here you go Jim...  a few of my watches .... there’s about six  divers watches in there..

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... 98-BA800-B-2-EE4-4-AA7-9-B44-9-E1188383867

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 10:27 pm

I have a beautiful dive watch, but the damned thing is self-winding and if you don't wear it for even a single day it stops.
It's a bit too big and clunky for everyday wear, although the large size is fine for underwater vision.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 12:45 am

Rustygun wrote:
Here you go Jim...  a few of my watches .... there’s about six  divers watches in there..

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... 98-BA800-B-2-EE4-4-AA7-9-B44-9-E1188383867

Very nice collection RustyGun! Wows some great watches! cheers

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 12:46 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great looking watch Jim! bounce bounce bounce

Thanks Dal! Very Happy

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 1:53 am

LeStryge wrote:
I have a beautiful dive watch, but the damned thing is self-winding and if you don't wear it for even a single day it stops.

What make and model is your automatic diver watch?
. . . . .

I'm wearing a Seiko SRP777 auto-winding diver watch right now:

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch1
Seiko SRP777J1 when it was new – It has a lot more "battle scars" on it now!

Most of my "daily wear" watches have been diver-style watches over the years, usually quartz (battery) and more recently, automatic (self-winding mechanical). Having grown up in the era when The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau was a television staple, and still wanting to grow up to be like Carter Primus, I've always liked the vicarious feeling of adventure that comes with wearing a dive style watch.

In the past few years I became interested in the world of #watchstagram, wristwatch photography on Instagram. The #wis #watchesofinstagram community online is quite large and active, and off and on with varying levels of enthusiasm I participated in the wristwatch hobby, buying, selling, and posting pictures of my wristwatches. Then my interest would fade and I'd sell off most of what I had accumulated, only to start the process over again.

I've owned a number of Invicta automatic dive watches during this time. The Invicta Pro Diver no. 23678 was my favorite of the Invictas because of the classic "old school" appearance; plus, it was the most accurate of any self-winding mechanical watch I've owned. I regret having sold this one:

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch5
Invicta Pro Diver Automatic 23678 – No longer part of the collection

I eventually ended up with so many inexpensive wristwatches that I got tired of the foolishness and sold off most of them. I have a few too-worthless-to-sell quartz analogue watches left, and a few nicer watches that I regularly wear, including:

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch2
Seiko SRPA21J1 Automatic

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch3
Luminox "Scott Cassell" Quartz

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch4
Casio G-Shock DWM5610

A contributing reason to my overall interest in wristwatches having ebbed has been the attitude of the online watch collecting hobbyists regarding the definition of "affordable." To me, an "affordable" wristwatch is a sub-$100 wristwatch. Realistically, a sub-$50 Timex or equivalent. A watch in the "low hundreds" is getting out of the "cheap 'beater' watch" territory, at least for me. When the "watch guys" online started referring to the most recent Seiko dive watch, the SPB151, retailing at $1300, as "an affordable entry level watch," I decided it was time for me to exit the hobby.

For now, I'm okay with the watches I have. Maybe one of these days, if a lottery ticket or a slot machine pays off, I'll splurge on a Doxa dive watch. Because, y'know, Cousteau and Primus.

Rustygun, I see some nice Breitling automatics in that box! You are prodding the embers of my watch envy with that pic!

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 4:19 am

Nice watches!

I'm out of it, but I always wanted an orange Doxa dive watch because...Clive Cussler...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 am

gibri wrote:
... but I always wanted an orange Doxa dive watch because...Clive Cussler...

Exactly! cheers

ASTRONAUGHT
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:

What make and model is your automatic diver watch?
. . . . .

I'm wearing a Seiko SRP777 auto-winding diver watch right now:

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch1
Seiko SRP777J1 when it was new – It has a lot more "battle scars" on it now!

Most of my "daily wear" watches have been diver-style watches over the years, usually quartz (battery) and more recently, automatic (self-winding mechanical). Having grown up in the era when The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau was a television staple, and still wanting to grow up to be like Carter Primus, I've always liked the vicarious feeling of adventure that comes with wearing a dive style watch.

In the past few years I became interested in the world of #watchstagram, wristwatch photography on Instagram. The #wis #watchesofinstagram community online is quite large and active, and off and on with varying levels of enthusiasm I participated in the wristwatch hobby, buying, selling, and posting pictures of my wristwatches. Then my interest would fade and I'd sell off most of what I had accumulated, only to start the process over again.

I've owned a number of Invicta automatic dive watches during this time. The Invicta Pro Diver no. 23678 was my favorite of the Invictas because of the classic "old school" appearance; plus, it was the most accurate of any self-winding mechanical watch I've owned. I regret having sold this one:

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch5
Invicta Pro Diver Automatic 23678 – No longer part of the collection

I eventually ended up with so many inexpensive wristwatches that I got tired of the foolishness and sold off most of them. I have a few too-worthless-to-sell quartz analogue watches left, and a few nicer watches that I regularly wear, including:

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch2
Seiko SRPA21J1 Automatic

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch3
Luminox "Scott Cassell" Quartz

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Watch4
Casio G-Shock DWM5610

A contributing reason to my overall interest in wristwatches having ebbed has been the attitude of the online watch collecting hobbyists regarding the definition of "affordable." To me, an "affordable" wristwatch is a sub-$100 wristwatch. Realistically, a sub-$50 Timex or equivalent. A watch in the "low hundreds" is getting out of the "cheap 'beater' watch" territory, at least for me. When the "watch guys" online started referring to the most recent Seiko dive watch, the SPB151, retailing at $1300, as "an affordable entry level watch," I decided it was time for me to exit the hobby.

For now, I'm okay with the watches I have. Maybe one of these days, if a lottery ticket or a slot machine pays off, I'll splurge on a Doxa dive watch. Because, y'know, Cousteau and Primus.

Rustygun, I see some nice Breitling automatics in that box! You are prodding the embers of my watch envy with that pic!

Some nice watches there ..
I bought the super ocean second hand ..although a lovely watch , I found it a bit small, ( my wife wears it now)
So I saved up and bought the avenger sea wolf , which is an excellent watch , quite a bit larger , and is the heaviest watch I have owned , you really know it’s on your wrist ,  it has a ridiculous depth 3000m.  ... although the deepest it has been is the bottom of my Bath... lol!

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... A647-B2-E6-4076-4-A3-A-BD70-3-ADB4-C788-C62

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 7:14 am

Rustygun wrote:

it has a ridiculous depth 3000m.  ... although the deepest it has been is the bottom of my Bath... lol!

Well considering that the very deepest a human can dive all rigged out with an atmospheric suit and special gas is around 610 metres, who the hell's wrist is that watch going to be on at 3000 metres?
Maybe one of the passengers in the process of going down on the "Titanic" could have need of a quick glance at the time ?  scratch

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 8:50 am

Wow they is a awful lot of watches being shown.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Wow they is a awful lot of watches being shown.

Yeah! You really started something by posting your MAM watches, Alex!

Here are a couple more I still have that merit mention:

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... 38059281495_8861e88be0_z
Alpha Military Universal Time Mechanical Automatic with 24-hour Dial

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... 43554147894_33c32224ec_z
Vostok Komandirskie hand-wind mechanical

ASTRONAUGHT
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 5:34 pm

I like both of them ..very nice..

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 5:51 pm

WOW! The world of watches! cheers cheers cheers
Enjoyed looking at all these watches! Very Happy

I remember back in the 70's Clinton made a dive watch..They were so
sure it was waterproof it was shipped in water..lol

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Downlo10

ASTRONAUGHT
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Novel selling point....were the watches any good..?

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Rustygun wrote:
Novel selling point....were the watches any good..?

Yes that certain Clinton watch seemed to be a real good one... Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...   My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My favorites as a child led me to collect these type watches...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: