ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An oldie but a goodie

Go down 
+7
BrandontheFigureFreak
Glidah Drivah
FIELD STATION 42
gibri
TheOneManKid
BAMComix
Chip
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

An oldie but a goodie Empty
PostSubject: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 10:48 pm

My 21st Century Toys Ultimate Soldier British SAS "Scud Hunter".

I hardly played with this when I was little
Just like my dad got me into Action Men, he told my brothers and I all about the SAS.

An oldie but a goodie Img_2023

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 11:29 pm

I love 21st century stuff . Nice to see them turn up in their originality too . Great Post Madam .

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 11:36 pm

Thanks Chip! Yeah I loved 21st Century.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 11:53 pm

I wish I had brought more of them back in the day .

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 12:00 am

I often think that. Lile a few years ago I passed up a MIB Bradley M3.. Biggest. Regret. EVER.

I did recently collect another KettenKrad, beige, still in the box. The box isn't mint though.

I was going to paint it white, but I've not really got any winter Germans. So I'm thinking I might sell it as I have another beige one tucked away in the basement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 1:35 am

Ah yes, ...the regret of what I should have bought!
I know that feeling all too well!
Or you go back only to find it's been sold in the meantime.

Nice figure there RSD.
21st Century did some excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 7:48 am

Very nice indeed Sarah! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Great looking figure... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 12:02 am

Great looking figure!

Good ol' 21C/TUS! They really raised the bar and gave Hasbro some worthy competition. They also created a fan base that I think helped Dragon when they came along a couple years later.

but, the Bradley! I think a lot of us are still kicking ourselves for passing on that one.

The 21C vehicles were and still are great!

Aside from the Bradley, I still am kicking myself for not pulling the trigger when Toys R Us blew-out the Stuart tank for $50. and when they blew-out the little bird helicopters for $15, I was ready and got two of them. They routinely sell for $60-90 on ebay last I checked.

Thanks for posting the figure and for the memories.

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 12:44 am

gibri wrote:
and when they blew-out the little bird helicopters for $15, I was ready and got two of them. They routinely sell for $60-90 on ebay last I checked.

The 1/6 scale Little Bird helicopters? The big ones? When I looked on eBay yesterday, the least expensive offering I saw was $350 USD!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-Century-Toys-Ultimate-Soldier-AH-6-Little-Bird-Helicopter-1-6-1-6-Scale-H6/224271556832

Asking price for the 1:18 scale version ranges between $100 USD and $200 USD.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 12:48 am

Holy Lordy, yes that's the one. 1/6th scale brand new from TRU for $15.00 usd.

I got the firefighter and police versions.

Guess I should have gotten a few more... cyclops

granted, this all happened in a prior millennium,,,

well, maybe not quite that long ago, but it has been a while,

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 1:32 am

Thanks everyone! I feel like after I dig through everything and find some other old 21C stuff I will add to this. The SAS guy was my favourite though.

I got my Police Little Bird from a hobby shop for about 40 dollars some years ago. I really think people in the hobby took some of that 21st Century stuff for granted back in the day. I certainly know I did. Looking back and thinking about everything that was readily available..

Now you look at modern military figures and you're in for like 200 plus.

Last edited by RealSarahdactyl on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 2:11 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Thanks everyone! I feel like after I dig through everything and find some other old 21C stuff I will add to this. The SAD guy was my favourite though.

I got my Police Little Bird from a hobby shop for about 40 dollars some years ago. I really think people in the hobby took some of that 21st Century stuff for granted back in the day. I certainly know I did. Looking back and thinking about everything that was readily available..

Collectors took many of the 1/6 brands for granted, especially more budget friendly lines like 21st and SOTW. Power Team/Chad Valley filled that niche for a time; but now they’re being carried by specialty stores or websites.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 6:44 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Thanks everyone! I feel like after I dig through everything and find some other old 21C stuff I will add to this. The SAD guy was my favourite though.

Collectors took many of the 1/6 brands for granted, especially more budget friendly lines like 21st and SOTW. Power Team/Chad Valley filled that niche for a time; but now they’re being carried by specialty stores or websites.

-Nate

Well Cotswold Colletibles has a few of these brands in stock. The 21st Century stuff is usually old stock, mostly from private collections. 
But I believe that the Power Team stuff is all old models but new products?
Still 120usd for the Hummer is daylight robbery when they were about 30 back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 6:23 pm

[quote="RealSarahdactyl"

Well Cotswold Colletibles has a few of these brands in stock. The 21st Century stuff is usually old stock, mostly from private collections. 
But I believe that the Power Team stuff is all old models but new products?
Still 120usd for the Hummer is daylight robbery when they were about 30 back in the day.[/quote]

Power team is available through Cotswold, but you used to be able to buy them for $10-15 in a store; while now you have to pay Cotswold a higher price for them, plus shipping.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 7:57 am

He looks really cool and has a really good head sculpt and clothing. Your Dad knows his stuff Smile I never got into 21C figures due to reasons but I always thought they were really good. That is so cool your in this hobby but yeah, I know what you mean, when I got into 1/6 scale figures back in 2001 and was so excited about Sideshow I found their figures to be cheap back then but as the years went on the prices jumped so high from many companies where most is at an unaffordable stage. I find this situation to be really pathetic Rolling Eyes

By the way Sarah, a bit off topic. I like your new avatar. You new pic of yourself and is that your "mini-Me" and have you featured her in a topic of her own in the past or plan to in the near future?

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 7:56 am

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:

By the way Sarah, a bit off topic. I like your new avatar. You new pic of yourself and is that your "mini-Me" and have you featured her in a topic of her own in the past or plan to in the near future?

Hey Brandon! Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed this! Yeah that old display pic was me and my mini me haha. She has introduced a few characters!

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t11465-some-introductions
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 8:23 am

I’m really liking the look of British SAS "Scud Hunter". I’m really liking his head sculpt.

Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 4:36 pm

This is a nice figure..

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Thanks guys! I think I have the boots and suit of a second one somewhere. I loved these 21C offerings. One company that I wish would come back from the dead.
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: An oldie but a goodie    An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 2:38 am

Nice SAS troop Sarah. I have a couple of those somewhere. The 21C line was what got me back into 1/6 figures years ago. I was in Toys'R'Us with the kids one day and they were dumping all these figure sets for crazy low prices, and the accessories were so detailed I was amazed. Didn't pick up any of the vehicles at the time but I did snag a couple of those Rescue helos at decent prices from eBay years later. They're now part of my retirement fund, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An oldie but a goodie   An oldie but a goodie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An oldie but a goodie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: 21st Century/Ultimate Soldier Figures & Accessories-
Jump to: