ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I must be dreaming

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 12:26 am

A little story, featuring Mini Sarah, my brother George's minime, Jason, and my newest Russian fella, with GoT reference. I'll stop being silly now.

I must be dreaming 20201210

I must be dreaming 20201211

I must be dreaming 20201212

Last edited by RealSarahdactyl on Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 12:28 am

I must be dreaming 20201213

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 1:37 am

Great head and arm movement to tell the story.  cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 7:50 am

Great story, set and figures Sarah!,as Barry said, great positioning too! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 am

Thank you guys! I appreciate the comments. Jason and mini Brother are on bodies that are not as articulated, so I'm thankful for those comments.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Great little story, Sarah, I like your choice for a miniSarah. I also like the other figures and the posing, but I have to say I don't think it wise for miniGeorge to aspire to be Viserys considering...If he's thinking of a gold crown...could be trouble for him...

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 1:36 am

Thanks Gibri! I was struggling with mini Sarah, because all the dolls have such blonde hair. Mine is more like, my natural with blonde in it. But I felt like faciallt she worked, she has angry eyebrows too haha.

I think mini George doesn't want to be Viserys!
Back to top Go down

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Your posing is on point Sarah. Even slight movement is very convincing... ;-)
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 8:33 pm

Excellent stuff Sarah! as everyone has said already, great posing! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 1:35 am

Thanks guys! I appreciate that!

I try to keep the background subjects doing their thing rather than being static. I find that helps.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 1:43 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Thanks guys! I appreciate that!

I try to keep the background subjects doing their thing rather than being static. I find that helps.

I too find that's important. Humans move all the time...
Back to top Go down

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 2:01 am

Yes, even slight changes makes it look more interesting. When people come over to my place recently, the first thing they do is go and check out VooDoo as it is constantly changing even though I'm not in the process of photographing, I like to experiment with posing (not me, my 1/6 figures), changing the stage setups, and generally making a nuisance of myself in the 1/6 world of VooDoo.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 2:21 am

SixthShooter wrote:
Yes, even slight changes makes it look more interesting. When people come over to my place recently, the first thing they do is go and check out VooDoo as it is constantly changing even though I'm not in the process of photographing, I like to experiment with posing (not me, my 1/6 figures), changing the stage setups, and generally making a nuisance of myself in the 1/6 world of VooDoo.

I really like the idea that Voodoo is like a miniature living environment. You have to make a mini you now! To be the owner!

I often suggest that people make a mini me of themselves, then I stop and think. "What if they think it's egotistical to have a doll of oneself?"
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 2:24 am

Making a "mini me" of myself has been a thought of mine since I got started in the hobby, except that he would be younger and thinner Wink

I wonder if I could use a Phicen... probably not. They are all too muscular Wink
Back to top Go down

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 2:27 am

When COVID restrictions allow, I'm going to get a 3D scan of my head done. They can scale it to 1/6th. I'm going to use the Phicen M-32 which is my go base body moving forward. I like the idea of an accurate 'mini me' to do cameos in my Diorama's and will live vicariously through him. ;-) My current 'mini me' as in my profile pic is far too handsome and fit...
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 2:59 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Making a "mini me" of myself has been a thought of mine since I got started in the hobby, except that he would be younger and thinner Wink

I wonder if I could use a Phicen... probably not.  They are all too muscular Wink

The beauty of the mini me you can change the things you want. For example, mini Sarah can actually read road signs at dusk, and doesn't need glasses!
Back to top Go down

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 3:07 am

There are already quite a few places advertised on You-Tube that will make you a "mini-me",....or just a little head if that's your wish. (Ahem!)

What if a burglar steals your mini-me, and just happens to be a knowledgeable practitioner of the art of VooDoo, or Voudou(n) as it is properly written?
Back to top Go down

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 3:15 am

Realize you're kidding, but 'VooDoo dolls' are not a part of traditional Voodoo which is a religion not a dark art. Voodoo Dolls are a false fictional creation mostly from Hollywood. Think James Bond in live and let die.

'Hoodoo' is the tradition that uses spell work; such as curses, charms, and talismans, but does not use poppets or dolls... "First hand from a traditional 8th generation Voodoo priest in New Orleans".
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 3:22 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I wonder if I could use a Phicen... probably not.  They are all too muscular Wink

The beauty of the mini me you can change the things you want. For example, mini Sarah can actually read road signs at dusk, and doesn't need glasses!

Hence why I was asking on Flickr if the figure in your profile pic was your alter ego. Perhaps I should have asked if it was Mini-Sarah. I would do me as I appeared in my military days, and in those days, I didn't wear glasses either. My initial idea for Mini-Me was to be wearing a 1/6th version of the WWII British khaki drill uniform I wore in my days with 3rd Montreal Field Battery, the volunteer ceremonial troop I'm associated with. This was the uniform worn by the Canadian Army in Italy. Unfortunately, no manufacturer of 1/6 scale anything makes Canadian uniforms for the post WWII era, including my time in the service.

Another idea I had was to stylize something to fit into the K-Troop universe, with elements of retro and modern. I like that idea even more.
Back to top Go down

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 3:25 am

I have a local source for 3D printing. in a pre COVID conversation, they said they can scale and print anything I want to 1/6. The quote for a mini me head sculpt was very reasonable at around $60.00. I was going to take in a sculpt I had so they could do the base so it would fit a Phicen...
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 4:11 am

LeStryge wrote:

What if a burglar steals your mini-me, and just happens to be a knowledgeable practitioner of the art of VooDoo, or Voudou(n) as it is properly written?

If they steal my mini Me and stick pins I her, I'm fine with the shoulders and upper back. Then I don't need to go for acupuncture for my crash.

Hence why I was asking on Flickr if the figure in your profile pic was your alter ego.  Perhaps I should have asked if it was Mini-Sarah.  I would do me as I appeared in my military days, and in those days, I didn't wear glasses either.  My initial idea for Mini-Me was to be wearing a 1/6th version of the WWII British khaki drill uniform I wore in my days with 3rd Montreal Field Battery, the volunteer ceremonial troop I'm associated with.  This was the uniform worn by the Canadian Army in Italy. Unfortunately, no manufacturer of 1/6 scale anything makes Canadian uniforms for the post WWII era, including my time in the service.  

Another idea I had was to stylize something to fit into the K-Troop universe, with elements of retro and modern.  I like that idea even more.

OH! My bad! I have my notifications off for Flickr, I should go and read the comment! Yeah that's mini Me in the Drive Jacket worn by Ryan Gosling in Drive hahaha.

I'm not sure if it would be any help. But you can get 1/6 CADPAT on spoonflower. Could another khaki uniform be a good substitute?

SixthShooter wrote:
I have a local source for 3D
printing. in a pre COVID conversation, they said they can scale and print anything I want to 1/6. The quote for a mini me head sculpt was very reasonable at around $60.00. I was going to take in a sculpt I had so they could do the base so it would fit a Phicen...

That's a really good deal! Do they have a website?
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 6:49 am

Thanks Sarah, but Cadpat was before my time. I date back to olive green days. In any case, I'm not about to try to stitch together a tiny little Canadian uniform. But I'll have a look at that link anyway. You never know....
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 7:02 am

Thanks Sarah, but Cadpat was before my time.  I date back to olive green days.  In any case, I'm not about to try to stitch together a tiny little Canadian uniform.  But I'll have a look at that link anyway. You never know....

Was this more what you wore?
I must be dreaming 5jx0rc10
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 11:47 am

That's the one...but with a cammo helmet cover.  The web belt and harness there are American, mind you. The boots are wrong too. Ours were taller and had eyelets all the way to the top.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 6:47 pm

That's the one...but with a cammo helmet cover.  The web belt and harness there are American, mind you. The boots are wrong too. Ours were taller and had eyelets all the way to the top.

You know, that might be possible to make using a vietnam era uniform as a base. The boots, you might be able to find something that works on ebay.

What rifles did they use then? Was it the C7/C8 or something like FN SLR. I see that it was the FAL in the UK and the C1A1 in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I must be dreaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be dreaming   I must be dreaming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I must be dreaming
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next