ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Empty
PostSubject: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 4:20 am

Rise and Shine...

Just arrived today my one sixth scale Gordon Freeman figure by Mondo. This version of Gordon is from Half Life 2.

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... 20210146

So keeping in mind that Half life 2 came out in 2004, and this is modeled after the in-game assets. I wasn’t expecting life like realism.

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... 20210147

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... 20210148

However, I have to say I am pretty disappointed in the figure overall. Half Life is a game series very dear to me.

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... 20210149

I don't think this figure does the character justice. The paint app is okay at best, the head sculpt is very animated, and the suit is lacking in detail. Next to that the articulation isn't great and the body is sort of bulky.

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... 20210150

The accessories are okay, the shotgun and pistol are not the best I've seen.

You get a bunch of hands but swapping them feels like you're going to break the figure. Which isn't great as the armour looks and feels super flimsy with work seams in the plastic.

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... 20210151

The Gravity Gun is probably my favourite part, and it lights up.

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... 20210152

While I kind of regret buying this, I am probably still going to try and track down the exclusive because it comes with a headcrab.

BAMComix and gibri like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 4:51 am

Now I just know I'm going to regret asking, but WTH is a "headcrab"?
Anything like a "bodylouse"?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 5:22 am

The light-up gravity gun reminds me of one of the light-up attachments to the Mattel Captain Lazer figure from the mid-1960s.

And yes, do please enlighten us as to the meaning of “head crab.” Otherwise, the nightmares we may have might be worse than the reality.
affraid

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 6:32 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
And yes, do please enlighten us as to the meaning of “head crab.” Otherwise, the nightmares we may have might be worse than the reality.
I'm not at all sure that would be possible Dave!
Read this! Undoubtedly a first cousin to the Alien "face-hugger?
I'm kinda sorry I found out now!

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... TzVdln

https://half-life.fandom.com/wiki/Headcrab

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 7:50 am

I think he looks great Sarah!, I t is a shame about the issues he has tho. I have to say tho, I experienced the same feeling's with my Iron Man, it's a great fig to look out but articulation is poor. He too feels extremely flimsy. However, I do like him and I thinkk you are having the same feelings here with your character bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 11:36 am

I may not have heard of Gordon Freeman from Half Life 2 but the figure of him I can definitely admire. I take it Half Life 2 is set in the future.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Shame that your disappointed , think we all experience it at some point in the world of figures . But not knowing the character , and that he is from a game , I think he looks good . The box looks very smart , but that`s not what your paying for I know , The glasses look great , I also like the look of the laser weapon too . Hopefully he will grow on you , I think he will .

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 8:47 pm

The glasses....yes!
And on that, why is it in the all future games and movies where technology is shown as being so advanced, the characters still have to wear "primitive" glasses to correct their vision? Laser surgery has been forgotten?
Even in Harry Potter, where all medical issues are demonstrably cured by magic, his eyes still seem unable to be fixed?

Gotta say though, Gordon Freeman's shark-mesh jockstrap is an impressive item!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:53 pm

LeStryge wrote:
The glasses....yes!
And on that, why is it in the all future games and movies where technology is shown as being so advanced, the characters still have to wear "primitive" glasses to correct their vision? Laser surgery has been forgotten?
Even in Harry Potter, where all medical issues are demonstrably cured by magic, his eyes still seem unable to be fixed?

Gotta say though, Gordon Freeman's shark-mesh jockstrap is an impressive item!

I cannot speak for Harry Potter, because honestly I could pick holes in that franchise to no end.

As for Half Life, Gordon Freeman was a 27 year old physicist at Black Mesa. He did some stuff opened a portal to another world, then single stormed through the facility killing aliens and soldiers sent to clean up the mess alike. The Hazardous EnVironment (HEV) suit wasn't intended for combat, it worked out that way.

After he killed the alien overlord that was using the portals to send his armies from his home world, Xen, to our dimension, Gordon was taken captive by someone called the GMan, basically put to sleep for decades where he didn't age or live, in another dimension. Until the GMan called on him in Half Life 2.

While Gordon was basically in storage, the portals continued to appear all around the world and Xenical creatures flooded in. This activity caught the attention of another alien race called the Combine. They set their sites on earth as their next conquest.

The war was won, humanity surrender after the "seven hour war". Then years later Gordon is awoken by the G Man. So he didn't really have the time or opportunity to get his eyes fixed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 11:09 pm

Interesting, and very convoluted concept. I am not familiar with the game.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 11:43 pm

I probably did a shitty job of explaining it, but it's a decent game for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 11:58 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
I cannot speak for Harry Potter, because honestly I could pick holes in that franchise to no end.
 The trouble is, once you introduce "magic" as a viable concept into the story then it literally undermines much of the plot. 
In  "Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeannie"(you won't remember either of those !), the Harry Potter series and in so many other shows, even "Superman the Movie", characters are shown to have the ability to take the world back in time.
Once this is demonstrated as being possible than any and all current problems introduced into the story could just be solved so easily. Even death if we take the Superman example, although how the whole world was not destroyed by the resultant inertia caused by the reversal of its rotation was never explained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...   Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise and Shine, Mr Freeman...
Page 1 of 1