ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Bricks

Go down 
+5
Chip
Rustygun
TNshooter
BAMComix
RealSarahdactyl
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:16 am

I've been away for a bit, as I've been in a bit of a funk recently. With the new year, school, poor weather, ans in general a lack of motivation ans inspiration I wasn't up to anything.

But then I made some more bricks. After all my gangsters will.need a warehouse to hang out in if they're not in the pub.

Oh well, I plan to make another piece that mirrors this so I can have a big 4 × 2 space that can come apart and maybr be split by a wall.

More Bricks 20210210

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:53 am

I think they look amazing Sarah! If I could make a suggestion. If you were to create a wall of colour, like off white or something to place at the back with the two brick walls at the side, it would not only throw he eye, but also offer the look of a loft type office or something?
Top modeling work again!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 12:53 pm

I'm sorry you have been in a funk, I can totally relate to that. Especially the lack of motivation and inspiration.

But it looks like you have put a lot of work into this, which is really cool! The walls look great!

A 4 x 2 space, I'm guessing your talking a 4 foot by 2 foot section? That would be a big diorama!

The kind I would make, whenever I can figure out how to make a room box, which I'm currently working on.
I have a friend that has a lot of tools and the know how. I've been asking him questions on how to do
the idea I have. But in the meantime I'm working on figure projects.

Those are great looking walls, and I'm sure you will do great stories with them.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 2:21 pm

The bricks look great .....good job..

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 2:28 pm

Looking Good Sarah .

Professor Gangrene Fan

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Brick walltastic Sarah.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Well... when you emerge from a funk you fly out of the gate at full throttle! Your “brick work” is fantastic. You have an eye for color and detail, and an impressive talent for turning a few simple materials and supplies in to impressively realistic miniature settings!

Do you paint these large expanses of wall by hand? As in, painting and texturing each individual brick with a small brush?

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 5:40 am

Thanks Dal! The bricks are all sort of uniform in tone right now. When I have the mid wall and the mirror side, if I get that far, I might throw in some colour but I am going for the lofty/ warehouse vibe.

Thanks Daryl, yeah 4×2 feet eventually. I'm excited to see the room box when you're done! I have one I've been doing but I shelved it for this.

Thanks Rustygun!

Thank you Chip!

Thanks Professor Gangrene Fan! Your expressions always make me chuckle!

Thanks SCU_HQ! So basically after I carve everything I use a brush to cover the whole thing in varying shades of grey. Working it into the mortar lines as best I can. This time I used a sponge brush for the red after the grey was dry and used a circular motion to work the brick colour into it ans make it thinner.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Here are some pictures of it in use with my old wall.

More Bricks Psx_2012

More Bricks Psx_2010

More Bricks Psx_2011

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 7:30 pm

Now I’m really liking these pictures.

inntruderr61

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 11:17 pm

cool photos! You are very talented! cheers

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 11:35 pm

Looks superb , I love the added moss and weed . Good Stuff , please keep us update . bounce

Admin
BAMComix

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 9:05 am

Excellent stuff Sarah! It really does work well as a back drop for your characters! Really cool effects too! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 8:33 pm

Deleted by Poster...

Last edited by SixthShooter on Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 8:42 pm

Great work as always, Sarah. I really love your modeling skills.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Thanks everyone!

I was very interested in trying to make a bigger scene with the two brick sets.

That second redder brick, is actually part of a project. It's supposed to be an indoor space, like a warehouse where some gangsters will hang out.

More Bricks Psx_2013
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 8:25 pm

Your wall works really well Sarah! I think once you have dressed the scene, it will make a great warehouse bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 8:57 pm

That guy looks like an architect inspecting a completed project, or a businessman who just purchased a property and is planning how to maximize profit in the new space.

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 11:35 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
That guy looks like an architect inspecting a completed project, or a businessman who just purchased a property and is planning how to maximize profit in the new space.

I know this much, Lewis is money focused.

More Bricks Psx_2014

BAMComix and Kimono Troop Command like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 5:24 am

Paddington does not look impressed! He's more like, "Seriously, Sarah, must you always embarrass us like this?"
Razz

Fun scene!

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 5:29 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Paddington does not look impressed! He's more like, "Seriously, Sarah, must you always embarrass us like this?"
Razz

Fun scene!

I think he is unimpressed because he just acquired a super cool unicorn doll from his pal Deadpool.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 7:26 am

The Deadpool figure is really cool!

I wasn't familiar with Deadpool before the movies, but I loved
the movies.

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 10:47 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

More Bricks Psx_2013

I’m really liking this black and white picture you’ve created.

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 6:46 am

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 6:49 am

Some pictures.

Liam.
More Bricks Psx_2015

Lewis.
More Bricks Psx_2016

Jørgen.
More Bricks Psx_2017

I've not got the story totally figured out yet, however so far. ..

While serving in the British Army Liam proved himself a capable soldier. After getting out, he worked odd jobs, before finding work providing security for some clubs in London. It wasn't long the right people noticed, and more opportunities came his way. While not always on the right side of the law, Liam continued to make friends in high places, capitalize on opportunities and build a portfolio.

His son Lewis is also very savvy, though thanks to his fathers efforts, Lewis had a head start in life. Attending university for Business and later Law, he is well rounded. Though his gambles don't always pay off, he is quite capable, and even more sure in himself.

After tying up some loose ends in London, business related, and ensuring his estranged wife was financially well taken care of, Liam took the opportunity to move his business across the Atlantic, where he keeps a lower profile, a smaller circle and a low key approach.

Jørgen is the family account and business partner. He often comes to see his friend Liam even when there is no business to discuss to escape from his wife.

More Bricks Psx_2019

More Bricks Psx_2018

More Bricks Psx_2020
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Bricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bricks   More Bricks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Bricks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next