ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 2:13 pm

More great looking figures Brandon! The Dodo looks great! such a shame it fell to man's ignorance and dis-regard for animal life. Wasn't it Spanish settlers who brought their cats with them which eventually became the downfall of these birds? The main reason being the Dodo's nested on the ground and the cat's simply eat everything, eventually making the dodo extinct?

I love the dino skeletons, they are fantastic! bounce bounce bounce

Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2021 2:51 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
More great looking figures Brandon! The Dodo looks great! such a shame it fell to man's ignorance and dis-regard for animal life. Wasn't it Spanish settlers who brought their cats with them which eventually became the downfall of these birds? The main reason being the Dodo's nested on the ground and the cat's simply eat everything, eventually making the dodo extinct?

I love the dino skeletons, they are fantastic! bounce bounce bounce

Thanks Dal, I appreciate your reply and liking My figures especially My Dodo Bird figure Very Happy It was actually the Dutch, they brought Monkeys, Pigs and even convicts not to mention that there was rats on their vessels as well Shocked Yes, you are correct that they nested on the ground as they were flightless "Ground Pigeons". They were hunted for food till they were no more Sad

I'm glad you like My Stikfas T-Rex skeleton Dal. I have much, much more to come soon. Thanks again Very Happy

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 11:41 am

OK, here we go in a different direction to what you have seen previously. Here is the mini versions of the Roboraptor & Robosapien. I got both @ Walgreens back in the mid 2000s. I was still craving prehistoria things after King Kong 05. I thought I should get both of them as a small set to depict in My collection of the usual simian vs. the theropod scenario. I had seen the much larger ones @ target but they were too big & expensive to My liking. These are made by Wowwee, an
Consumer Technology Company that is owned by Hasbro and so I thought it be apropos to continue with Hasbro after My T-REX Stikfas seen prior to this. So, these guys are electronic and battery operated similar like old school robots back in the day. There are no lights & sounds however but they are still fun. The Raptor's jaw opens and closes and the Sapiens's hands/claws open & close as well with a touch of a small button. Unlike their much bigger counter-parts, they do not have remote controls. OK, here is some pis of the. Unfortunately, the Raptor's skin has turned by age but I just pretend his is shedding his skin Wink

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Group_17

Roboraptor

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Robora10

Robosapien

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Robosa10

Scale comparison with 3 3/4" classic G.I. Joe Scarlett!

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Scale_13

Well, that's all for now, very soon I will have another dino figure set and it will continue with the Hasbro trend! Till then, I'll see you around Cool

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 12:44 pm

Cool robo's! My son has the Robosapien, I like the Joe Scarlett figure! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 12:57 pm

Thanks a lot Dal Very Happy That is really cool that your son has him and so that you are familiar with him. Thanks again Dal, more to come really soon Smile

LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 2:32 am

The figures themselves are great, but there's a fair bit of imagination applied when it comes to colour, considering we have not the slightest idea what colour the various species actually were. 
Some of those fantastically zig-zagged ones look like Andy Warhol was the artist!
It's not all that long ago that it was decided the dinosaurs didn't drag their tails as was shown in all those early "dinosaur valley" movies!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 3:03 am

In the early 1930s, the "Fortean" journalist team of Elmer Morrow and Claude Laughlin purportedly discovered a small surviving colony of dodos:

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 8627337818_357cec06f9_z

(I believe this is the same model Safari Toys dodo figure featured in BrandontheFigureFreak's photos.)

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 am

For such a relatively recent extinction, it's amazing how little we know about the dodo. Even the colour is largely conjectural, its diet pure supposition and song/call not recorded at all. They were apparently not all that good to eat according to contemporary reports, but could be kept alive on board ships to provide fresh meat during long voyages.

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Ri9ALL

Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 10:34 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
In the early 1930s, the "Fortean" journalist team of Elmer Morrow and Claude Laughlin purportedly discovered a small surviving colony of dodos:

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 8627337818_357cec06f9_z

(I believe this is the same model Safari Toys dodo figure featured in BrandontheFigureFreak's photos.)

Yes, I remember that and as recent as 2015 there was supposedly 3 Dodos seen by a Drone so here's hoping they still exist Very Happy Yep, that is the same exact one that I have. thanks dude Smile

LeStryge wrote:
The figures themselves are great, but there's a fair bit of imagination applied when it comes to colour, considering we have not the slightest idea what colour the various species actually were. 
Some of those fantastically zig-zagged ones look like Andy Warhol was the artist!
It's not all that long ago that it was decided the dinosaurs didn't drag their tails as was shown in all those early "dinosaur valley" movies!

LeStryge wrote:
For such a relatively recent extinction, it's amazing how little we know about the dodo. Even the colour is largely conjectural, its diet pure supposition and song/call not recorded at all. They were apparently not all that good to eat according to contemporary reports, but could be kept alive on board ships to provide fresh meat during long voyages.

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Ri9ALL

Indeed but I try not let that take the fun out that. Yes, it was the middle 80s that Sauropods & Theropods were discovered to be standing much differently that originally thought thus being depicted correctly. Ah man that was such a magical time. I will see if I can showcase some examples of it the future so we shall see about that. Yes, I couldn't have said it better about you aid about the Dodo bird. I studied them faithfully along with some other recent extinct fauna that maybe cryptids and of course prehistoria fauna as well.

Thanks guys, more coming really soon Very Happy

LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 2:02 am

Maybe it would be interesting for you to take a look at the Thylacine!
It's been long thought they've gone the way of the dodo, but sightings in the wild still persist.
Unlike the dodo there is an actual photo of a living specimen.

Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 5:03 am

LeStryge wrote:
Maybe it would be interesting for you to take a look at the Thylacine!
It's been long thought they've gone the way of the dodo, but sightings in the wild still persist.
Unlike the dodo there is an actual photo of a living specimen.

Yes dude, I already have years ago and yes there are recent reports of the Thylacine sightings and if they still exist then IMO they are truly "LIVING FOSSILS"!.

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Thylac11

The "Tasmanian Tiger" is another cryptid that I get emotional about as well as the Passenger Pigeon and the Great Auk among others. I just don't study Dinosaruia but I also study Cryptozoolgy & Ufology as well as Ancient Mythology and the currently times ofZoology. I study them all because they all go together one way or another especially in this day & age if go outside of the box. I was thinking about starting a topic about these subjects but I wasn't sure if people would be interested in it cause I have posted a lot that gets no or little attention. Maybe I will post a topic after all Question So let's save all of this talk then ok Very Happy  

Ok, let's get back to My figure showcase shall we Smile

LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 6:48 am

Remember the coelacanth.... cheers
Actually your dunkleosteus reminded me of it.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 7:01 am

LeStryge wrote:
Remember the coelacanth.... cheers
Actually your dunkleosteus reminded me of it.

That was my first thought, too, when seeing the dunkleosteus pic! 1938! What a thrilling story that is! It is a story that has kept my hopes for discovering additional "cryptids" alive ever since I was in early elementary school and first heard about the cœlacanth!

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 50440461567_30d782e78e_z

(I almost purchased a dunleosteus similar to that one, but I went with the cœlacanth instead; I thought it would have more humor potential!)

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 7:32 am

I’m really liking the look of Roboraptor. My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 6092-E6-B8-2658-43-E6-AB95-477787-D3-CB13

Robosapien looks cool and he looks cute at the same time.
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 D75726-FA-1-FB0-43-AD-BE7-B-A5-AB0283-CC2-D

Hey if any of our members villains managed to get hold of any of them robots they could get up to anything dangerous with them.

Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 12:24 pm

Great guys, thanks for the comments. OK important NOTE: I just created a special Cryptozoology Cryptozoology & Dinosaur topic HERE!

I'm sorry but I wanted this figure topic to be about My figures so I made that special topic so we can go off topic and discuss all of that great stuff there, I hope you understand Smile

OK, continuing the Hasbro trend, I got these Jurassic Park /// two-packs of mini figures at Family Dollar. They are in the scale & style of the great Kenner Jurassic Park figures of the 90s. There is 2 versions of a T-Rex, a Spinosaurus, a Stegosaurus, a Triceratops, a Compy and a Pteranodon.

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 113
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 212
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 313
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 412

Well, that's for today, I have a ton more to showcase soon, till then I'll you around Very Happy

BrandontheFigureFreak
Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 11:31 am

Well, in the later part of the 2000s probably 2009 when I was talking to My Auntie Wanda (RIP:( on the phone looking for her Dollhouse items and crafts stuff to get on eBay as she always had Me get her stuff there because she was kinda different about online shopping. She'd pay for her items putting the funds in My account and I would have her do the same picking Me up stuff at stores such as Target & Walmart (in the near future you'll see some of the figures & stuff that she picked up for Me over the years). So, it was when I was looking for her thimbles (she was a HUGE thimble collector, I mean she has tons of them like I have figures!) so when I was looking for her thimbles I came across an eBay seller that had this Prehistoric Animal/Dinosaur Thimble set. Now keep in mind that I am not a thimble collector but seeing these I had to have them now! the pictures are very classic looking and good quality. She was a bit surprised about them but I don't think she was interested in them but if she was she never told Me that she wanted them. It's hard to believe she has been gone for many years now, I miss her a lot and these guys always remind Me of her Sad  
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Dt_110
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Dt_210
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Dt_310
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Dt_410

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 11:49 am

Very cool Very Happy

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 12:12 pm

I’m really liking the look of the Dinosaur Thimbles.

Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 1:49 pm

Thanks a lot guys Smile

BrandontheFigureFreak
Polar Explorer
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 8:05 am

OK, first up is a selection of My vintage Dinosaurs (2 special sets coming up soon)! I know it is a bit out of the reality of the subject since it's fictional but I did show My Jurassic Park /// figures and have more great stuff from that film as well as others to show off soon as I thought they would fit in here with My collections topic. First up is My Masters of the Universe Tyrantisaurus Rex! My Grandparents got Me him when he came out. He was mostly in the MOTU comics and not in the cartoons. I misplaced his back cover & belly weapon but he still looks good. Like I said before, I was a stupid kid and didn't take care of My vintage MOTU Rolling Eyes With that being said, he was never made into the MOTUC/Classics line like he should have been but with exceptions he could still could fit within that said series! Here he is with some pics and size comparison with vintage MOTU Prince Adam! , I hope you enjoy it, comments please  Very Happy

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Tyrant10
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Tyrant11
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Tyrant12
My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Tyrant13

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!   My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: