ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!

Go down 
+2
SCU_HQ
LeStryge
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 2:14 pm

TNshooter wrote:
That's incredible collection!

You have dinosaurs I didn't even knew existed!

I remember seeing the robodinosaur a few years back.

Thanks so much Daryl Very Happy That is cool that I kinda helped you out there Laughing Yes, the Roboraptor was very popular back in the day. Thanks again dude, I appreciate that very much bounce

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 11:21 am

Here is a cool entry that I wanted to show in My great Dinosaur topic. Here is My old Dinosaur T-Rex Crayon Case and My only Dino-Rider. I put them together since there isn't much to them and since they are nearly from the same time. So without further ado...

Tyrannosaurus Crayon Case: This is made by Impact International Inc. I got this when I was in about first/second grade school and I took this prized case with Me a lot then. This is when school accessories was actually fun to have or or least it was for Me and when school was actually school. Gosh, it was so long ago and I still got it Surprised

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 414

What's inside? Could there still be crayons in it after all of these years Question

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 115
My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 214

YEP! Holy dino dung, there still is bounce  LOOK at that...YES, all of the crayons are still in there and hasn't been used since over 2 decades Shocked

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 315

OK, now the Dino-Riders. It was a great but very short-runned animated TV show 87-88. These are My only Dino-Riders, they were part of a great series made by the legendary company called Tyco! Unfortunately I never collected them for whatever reasons (I remember seeing tons of them at Grandpa Pigeons) and I really, really regret that as I think they were just awesome. The Dino-Riders are kinda scarce over the years and can be really expensive online as they are a top collectible series with good meaning.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 116

The characters were called Pteranodon with Rasp. I loved the sculpting and the realistic approach they tried with the animals. I love the flying reptile's eyes, it was really an old school technique that I really miss these days. They are well made. Sadly I didn't take care them as I have misplaced their saddle, armor, weapons and trap. They have some POA and if you press the button in on the Pteranodon's back, he flaps his wings!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 215
My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 316

Here they are displayed using the ultra-cool MattyCollector flying stands (man do they come in handy)!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 415
My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 512

Here is a comparison of My Dino-Rider with My previously seen Larami T-Rex and the soon to be revealed (check the Joe section soon!) Brandon the Steel Brigader from G.I. Joe from 1987 Shocked  Exclamation

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 613

Well, that is all for now, more great Dinosaur stuff coming soon so stay tuned...comments please Very Happy

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:15 pm

It was back in the later 2000s, oh I say around 2008 or so, I was looking for stuff on eBay, action figures and such and especially anything rare or really obscure that I could get via a cheap BIN or an auction with the possibility of no bids that was either new or in decent "used shape, to My liking. I came across these special Dinosaurs in a nice set that I was completely unaware of. It was new in the box and it was only $19.99 BUY IT NOW so I was like, gosh I gotta get it, I would be a dumb fool if I didn't so I hurried up and snagged it up before anybody else did and lo & behold it was Mine! During the time of when I was expecting it to arrive to Me, I was looking and studying it further and I was like gosh, could it be? When I got it a few days later I was kinda astounded about how cool yet inaccurate it was and so here is the info about it.

First off, it is made by Battat, a toy company for children that is well over a century old! They are regarded as some of best dinosaur figure makers ever. During this time I was collecting figure companies and comparing how they were to each other like Schleich and Safari among others so this was the time to try out and see how Battat is as I had seen figures of their's prior to this! This set came out in 1993 so yes it is vintage! The box has a nice visual to it and a cool window to see all of the dinosaurs inside of it. There are five different types of dinos here plus 5 babies still hatching within their eggs which is really cute and quite different to be honest.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Box_111

Now the back of the box is the telling point to a collector who knows the species of these ancient animals. Clearly these are typos? Right? Nope, they aren't because the names are actually sculpted on the bellies of the figures themselves. This here is really odd and keep in mind that this is still 1993, not 1933!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Box_211

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:16 pm

The Brachiosaurus and its baby: This figure is listed as Apatosaurus AKA the Brontosaurus! I think even the most novice of people that don't know dinosaurs much at all would know the difference. With that being said, it is a greatly sculpted piece and I love the color. The young-ling is really cute in its shell. The names are sculpted on the bottoms of the figures.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Brachi13

The Triceratops parent and baby has the right names and is sculpted and painted really nice with accuracy for the time with the names on the bottoms.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Tricer26

The Stegosaurus parent and baby has the right names and is sculpted and painted really nice with accuracy for the time with the names on the bottoms.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Stegos16

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Now, the Tyrannosaurus Rex and its extremely cute offspring is also labeled wrong as an Allosaurus! This is the complete opposite as to what was seen back in the classical days of when T-rex was depicted with three fingers (for example like in the original King Kong film) when it was actually an Allosaurus. This has two fingers on each hand and clearly the the whole design of the creature is of the Dinosaur King! These figures are sculpted extraordinary and is one of the best ones I have even seen. It is still in the classical stature but it is still a very worthy figure to have. They have their named sculpted on their bellies.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Tyrann29

Oh boy, this is the one that is arguably the entry that is most inaccurate provided My theory is correct. This creature (which if it is correct isn't a dinosaur but rather a prehistoric reptile from the Permian period) is billed as Dimetridon which is usually featured a lot in dinosaur collections, art and among other media over the decades. I believe this is supposed to be an old school and classic look of the Spinosaurus. After the original Spinosaurus skeleton was destroyed after a bombing in its museum home during WWII, the actual body structure's known form was completely gone and forgotten till the late 90s when specimens were rediscovered. During those decades in the sate of oblivion, artists would depict the species a smaller, sometime quadrupedal animal that in some ways looked similar like Dimetredon (this would change with the discovery of Baryonx in the middle 80s as it would be the precursor of the emergence of the Spinosaurids of the future!). So, with all of that being said, this figure is greatly sculpted and actually looks very calm & docile and downright friendly. The paint is great, I think its a great color scheme. The sculpting is just tremendous. The baby version is also really good as well. Both also have the names sculpted underneath.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Dimetr11

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Here is a nice group shot of the whole set!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Group_22

Now here is a comparison between the previously seen Larami and the Battat dinosaurs to see the similarities and size differences.  

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Battat10

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:18 pm

Well that is all, I hope you have enjoyed this showcase of My special Battat set. Next up will be favorite Dinosaurs series of all-time, My huge Dino Horizons by COG/Ted Co collection!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Dino_h10

Until then, I'll see you next time :batgrin:

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 2:10 pm

More amazing dino figs mate! Thanks for sharing bounce bounce

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
More amazing dino figs mate! Thanks for sharing bounce bounce

Thanks Dal and your welcome Very Happy

No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 5:48 pm

I’m really liking your old Dinosaur T-Rex Crayon Case. I think it’s T-Rexcute. Your Dino-Rider looks awesome. Since you mentioned about the cartoon of the Dino-Riders I have looked it up on YouTube and I have saved it to watch it on a later date in the future. Thanks for mentioning about the Dino-Riders. Looking though your resent upload of your rubber dinosaur figures I just love the Spinosaurus and it’s baby the most. I just love their colour tones. I think the group shot of the whole set looks dinosaur-tastic and cute. Keep them dinosaurs coming along Brandon.

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 7:44 am

Thanks Prof. I see what you did there Wink Cool that you checked out the Dino-Riders cartoons Smile I'm glad you like them. Yes, actually that Spinsaurus-Dimetrondon was one factors for Me that I had to get the set. Oh I plan on it, as you saw, My Dino Horizons is next which is a huge collection of mini figures which as much as you have seen, you haven't seen nothin' yet bounce

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: