ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!

Go down 
+2
Blondeactionman
TNshooter
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 2:14 pm

TNshooter wrote:
That's incredible collection!

You have dinosaurs I didn't even knew existed!

I remember seeing the robodinosaur a few years back.

Thanks so much Daryl Very Happy That is cool that I kinda helped you out there Laughing Yes, the Roboraptor was very popular back in the day. Thanks again dude, I appreciate that very much bounce

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 11:21 am

Here is a cool entry that I wanted to show in My great Dinosaur topic. Here is My old Dinosaur T-Rex Crayon Case and My only Dino-Rider. I put them together since there isn't much to them and since they are nearly from the same time. So without further ado...

Tyrannosaurus Crayon Case: This is made by Impact International Inc. I got this when I was in about first/second grade school and I took this prized case with Me a lot then. This is when school accessories was actually fun to have or or least it was for Me and when school was actually school. Gosh, it was so long ago and I still got it Surprised

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 414

What's inside? Could there still be crayons in it after all of these years Question

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 115
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 214

YEP! Holy dino dung, there still is bounce  LOOK at that...YES, all of the crayons are still in there and hasn't been used since over 2 decades Shocked

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 315

OK, now the Dino-Riders. It was a great but very short-runned animated TV show 87-88. These are My only Dino-Riders, they were part of a great series made by the legendary company called Tyco! Unfortunately I never collected them for whatever reasons (I remember seeing tons of them at Grandpa Pigeons) and I really, really regret that as I think they were just awesome. The Dino-Riders are kinda scarce over the years and can be really expensive online as they are a top collectible series with good meaning.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 116

The characters were called Pteranodon with Rasp. I loved the sculpting and the realistic approach they tried with the animals. I love the flying reptile's eyes, it was really an old school technique that I really miss these days. They are well made. Sadly I didn't take care them as I have misplaced their saddle, armor, weapons and trap. They have some POA and if you press the button in on the Pteranodon's back, he flaps his wings!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 215
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 316

Here they are displayed using the ultra-cool MattyCollector flying stands (man do they come in handy)!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 415
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 512

Here is a comparison of My Dino-Rider with My previously seen Larami T-Rex and the soon to be revealed (check the Joe section soon!) Brandon the Steel Brigader from G.I. Joe from 1987 Shocked  Exclamation

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 613

Well, that is all for now, more great Dinosaur stuff coming soon so stay tuned...comments please Very Happy

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:15 pm

It was back in the later 2000s, oh I say around 2008 or so, I was looking for stuff on eBay, action figures and such and especially anything rare or really obscure that I could get via a cheap BIN or an auction with the possibility of no bids that was either new or in decent "used shape, to My liking. I came across these special Dinosaurs in a nice set that I was completely unaware of. It was new in the box and it was only $19.99 BUY IT NOW so I was like, gosh I gotta get it, I would be a dumb fool if I didn't so I hurried up and snagged it up before anybody else did and lo & behold it was Mine! During the time of when I was expecting it to arrive to Me, I was looking and studying it further and I was like gosh, could it be? When I got it a few days later I was kinda astounded about how cool yet inaccurate it was and so here is the info about it.

First off, it is made by Battat, a toy company for children that is well over a century old! They are regarded as some of best dinosaur figure makers ever. During this time I was collecting figure companies and comparing how they were to each other like Schleich and Safari among others so this was the time to try out and see how Battat is as I had seen figures of their's prior to this! This set came out in 1993 so yes it is vintage! The box has a nice visual to it and a cool window to see all of the dinosaurs inside of it. There are five different types of dinos here plus 5 babies still hatching within their eggs which is really cute and quite different to be honest.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Box_111

Now the back of the box is the telling point to a collector who knows the species of these ancient animals. Clearly these are typos? Right? Nope, they aren't because the names are actually sculpted on the bellies of the figures themselves. This here is really odd and keep in mind that this is still 1993, not 1933!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Box_211

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:16 pm

The Brachiosaurus and its baby: This figure is listed as Apatosaurus AKA the Brontosaurus! I think even the most novice of people that don't know dinosaurs much at all would know the difference. With that being said, it is a greatly sculpted piece and I love the color. The young-ling is really cute in its shell. The names are sculpted on the bottoms of the figures.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Brachi13

The Triceratops parent and baby has the right names and is sculpted and painted really nice with accuracy for the time with the names on the bottoms.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Tricer26

The Stegosaurus parent and baby has the right names and is sculpted and painted really nice with accuracy for the time with the names on the bottoms.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Stegos16

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Now, the Tyrannosaurus Rex and its extremely cute offspring is also labeled wrong as an Allosaurus! This is the complete opposite as to what was seen back in the classical days of when T-rex was depicted with three fingers (for example like in the original King Kong film) when it was actually an Allosaurus. This has two fingers on each hand and clearly the the whole design of the creature is of the Dinosaur King! These figures are sculpted extraordinary and is one of the best ones I have even seen. It is still in the classical stature but it is still a very worthy figure to have. They have their named sculpted on their bellies.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Tyrann29

Oh boy, this is the one that is arguably the entry that is most inaccurate provided My theory is correct. This creature (which if it is correct isn't a dinosaur but rather a prehistoric reptile from the Permian period) is billed as Dimetridon which is usually featured a lot in dinosaur collections, art and among other media over the decades. I believe this is supposed to be an old school and classic look of the Spinosaurus. After the original Spinosaurus skeleton was destroyed after a bombing in its museum home during WWII, the actual body structure's known form was completely gone and forgotten till the late 90s when specimens were rediscovered. During those decades in the sate of oblivion, artists would depict the species a smaller, sometime quadrupedal animal that in some ways looked similar like Dimetredon (this would change with the discovery of Baryonx in the middle 80s as it would be the precursor of the emergence of the Spinosaurids of the future!). So, with all of that being said, this figure is greatly sculpted and actually looks very calm & docile and downright friendly. The paint is great, I think its a great color scheme. The sculpting is just tremendous. The baby version is also really good as well. Both also have the names sculpted underneath.

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Dimetr11

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Here is a nice group shot of the whole set!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Group_22

Now here is a comparison between the previously seen Larami and the Battat dinosaurs to see the similarities and size differences.  

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Battat10

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:18 pm

Well that is all, I hope you have enjoyed this showcase of My special Battat set. Next up will be favorite Dinosaurs series of all-time, My huge Dino Horizons by COG/Ted Co collection!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Dino_h10

Until then, I'll see you next time :batgrin:

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 2:10 pm

More amazing dino figs mate! Thanks for sharing bounce bounce

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
More amazing dino figs mate! Thanks for sharing bounce bounce

Thanks Dal and your welcome Very Happy

No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 5:48 pm

I’m really liking your old Dinosaur T-Rex Crayon Case. I think it’s T-Rexcute. Your Dino-Rider looks awesome. Since you mentioned about the cartoon of the Dino-Riders I have looked it up on YouTube and I have saved it to watch it on a later date in the future. Thanks for mentioning about the Dino-Riders. Looking though your resent upload of your rubber dinosaur figures I just love the Spinosaurus and it’s baby the most. I just love their colour tones. I think the group shot of the whole set looks dinosaur-tastic and cute. Keep them dinosaurs coming along Brandon.

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 7:44 am

Thanks Prof. I see what you did there Wink Cool that you checked out the Dino-Riders cartoons Smile I'm glad you like them. Yes, actually that Spinsaurus-Dimetrondon was one factors for Me that I had to get the set. Oh I plan on it, as you saw, My Dino Horizons is next which is a huge collection of mini figures which as much as you have seen, you haven't seen nothin' yet bounce

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 5:20 pm

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Utebkk10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Utewiu10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Uxccjf10

So, here is the very long awaited Dino Horizons by COG/Tedco! They are a unique educational toy company. Their lines are so fantastic and organized with storage cases, protective boxes with detailed booklets, this is such a major attractive factor for Me that I felt was so cool yet so important and IMO is something so many action figures lines over the years lacked! IMO, this Dino Horizons line is one of the most complete dino series' ever in many ways! I got these back in the middle/later years of the 2000s from Healthstone Hobbies, a great web store in California that no longer is in business. They had tons of rare dinosaur figures (many that I got from them & yet to be showcased), main-steam series' like Star Wars among other great stuff. It's really a shame that they no longer exist as they were a very fun place for Me to go to and shop at as I just didn't like their products but also the look at their really cool appearing gray site and customer service (sometimes I just hate this day and age for so many reasons and this is one them when ginormous businesses cause smaller ones to go out thus making them nothing more than a memory Rolling Eyes  Mad .

This is an extremely rare, obscure and hard to obtain series and basically, you can only find these on the international market as I speak and even there they are tremendously scarce! There was very few people talking about them back in the day as it was but now, it's even fewer, in fact, only Dinosaur Collector Site A is the one of the very few dinosaur collectors that is only talking about this series and he is the one I believe where I originally found that they even existed Surprised Also, he too bought his stuff from Healthstone Hobbies as well as they had many cool exclusives not found anywhere else at the time and promotes them on his page from time to time on it...shows you how good it was then Rolling Eyes So in other words, I present to you one of the most esoteric collections of dinosaurs or of any type of figure series for that matter as you will not see another person showcasing this series anytime soon unless they got them years ago like I did, see My showcase and suddenly decide to show them off as well Shocked  Question Exclamation

So it was very apropos to show My first ones that I got that started it all for Me about this series...The Match Box Dinosaurs! I loved that these very small figures came in their own greatly sculpted cases that slides in & out for storage that mimickes a match box hence the name, it was such a cool & convenient feature to My liking, if only action figures had this feature! The figures themselves are not painted but rather done in a very old school manner yet looking quite modern at that same time! Their sculpting is very decent for the size and you can clearly tell what is specie is what cause their names are sculpted on their stands Surprised Another factor that was totally awesome is they come with a very small yet quite detailed booklet of all of the dinos in that is in that particular set. There is 4 Match Boxes to collect and there is 8 in each so you get 32 different species of animals in several families! I love that they categorized them in each box. A major aspect I must add is that there are some entries of newly discovered species that is rather surprising but really welcomed as I feel there needs to be a variety and not the same old roster over and over and over again. Without further ado, here they are Exclamation

Match Box #1: 7 Sauropods + 1 Theropod!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvdj110
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvhal14
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugv9jx10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvtec10

Match Box #2: 8 Theropods!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvdcj10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvgvo10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvyu311

Match Box #3: 3 Theropods, 1 Ornithopod/Certopsian, 3 Hadrosaurs, and 1 Thyreophoran!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvjfb10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvijl10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvslw11

Match Box #4: 2 Ankylosaurs & 6 Ceratopsians!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvcjf10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvldi10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvmxu10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugv8tm10

SPECIAL GALLERY!

All 4 Match Boxes together: Look at that sculpting and I love how you can stack them Surprised

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugv5fn10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvbup10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvrbw10
My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvrek10

The Official sculpted logos Exclamation

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Ugvvl411

The cool Blister Card with identities of each creature!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Uxchjl10

So there it is, the first part of several of My Dino Horizons by COG/Tedco Exclamation   Next will be part two which is gonna be really good, until then I'll see you around Cool

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 6:55 pm

Nice pics of the Matchbox Dinos figs, especially considering how tiny they are. I would have loved something like that when I was a kid! Interesting series of figs, I've never heard of them before.

And as usual, a very entertaining write-up. I like the way you provide information in a chatty, personal style, like an actual conversation among fans and friends.

LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 12:08 am

I too like those Matchbox Dinos!
Whilst the dinosaur models of today are probably more accurate, the designers seem to have gone way overboard with the imaginative colourings. Seeing as we have almost no idea at all just what colour the skins of the dinosaurs actually were, they have taken that as a license to run the gamut of the spectrum and patterns that make your eyes boggle.

In fact, despite all those massive roars in movies, we don't really know if they made any noises at all.
But then even great white sharks roar in movies now....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 2:07 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Nice pics of the Matchbox Dinos figs, especially considering how tiny they are. I would have loved something like that when I was a kid! Interesting series of figs, I've never heard of them before.

And as usual, a very entertaining write-up. I like the way you provide information in a chatty, personal style, like an actual conversation among fans and friends.

Thanks SCU. They are a very interesting series and like I said, this is only the first part! Me too but their only a bit over a decade old as I have stated. I appreciate you saying about My pics and My write-up. I need the feedback now and then because your like the only one that ever says anything about it. There are many people on this board and ones that I thought would reply and and stuff that I would think would decides not to do for whatever reaons they have so i appreciate your comment a lot SCU Smile

LeStryge wrote:
I too like those Matchbox Dinos!
Whilst the dinosaur models of today are probably more accurate, the designers seem to have gone way overboard with the imaginative colourings. Seeing as we have almost no idea at all just what colour the skins of the dinosaurs actually were, they have taken that as a license to run the gamut of the spectrum and patterns that make your eyes boggle.

In fact, despite all those massive roars in movies, we don't really know if they made any noises at all.
But then even great white sharks roar in movies now....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Thanks Very Happy

LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 9:43 pm

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
There are many people on this board and ones that I thought would reply and and stuff that I would think would decides not to do for whatever reaons they have
While you have a truly amazing collection, with many interesting (and highly valuable) items that I certainly enjoy seeing and having explained, but so much of your assemblage is just something that the rest of us here probably know absolutely nothing about.
For a start I have seen things I never knew even existed, from shows I've never seen.
And I think that goes for many others here too.
Apart from expressing thanks for your having taken the time to show us and tell us a bit of the history of each set, I for one don't want to air my complete ignorance when it comes to so many of your wondrous aquisitions.
I am as I 've said before, very grateful to learn about figures that I've never seen before and are now probably long out of production.
Don't be disappointed, ...keep posting.

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 3:02 pm

Originally I was hoping to surprise people, make their day and show them stuff that may not have seen or known before in most of My topics. I get it LeStryge and I appreciate that Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!   My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: