ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments!   Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 2:32 pm

I think some of the best ever was in the early 90s and some of My all-time favorite moments was during these! I chose to end the timeline because I feel 95 was the last of classic era of wrestling. I put together all of the pics as a quick reference. Let's talk classic wrestling and share your thoughts & memories  Very Happy

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! Wwf_9010
Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! Wcw_9010

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments!   Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 1:28 pm

I thought let's talk a bit about classic SummerSlam since this is SummerSlam week! I know how your status is with the current WWE product but like usual and always, My mind is on the classic stuff so let's only talk about the first 9 which is 88 - 96. If you know your history dude, what we do is say our thoughts about the actual events and our favorite matches or what we thought were highlights of these events. OK, here we go!

SUMMERSLAM 88: In a toss up with Wrestlemania IV, this was the true pinnacle of how great the WWF was then and that it seems like an actual sport and when things really mattered. In fact 86 - 89 was arguably the most important years when it comes to that factor. I loved it that Super Billy Graham was on commentary! My favorite match was the main event, The Mega Powers vs. The Mega-Bucks and Jesse the Body was the special guest ref!! I felt it was so epic and ideal to happen after all when we seen months prior. Amazing how Miss Liz took her dress off, it was so classy!

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 9_summ10
Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 90df0e1ca43c29fedbcac2d5445117e7eaa3b0d9_hq
Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! Miss_e11

SUMMERSLAM 89: This one was great. It was really cool that King Duggan wore face paint with Demolition! I loved how this main event was similar like the previous one in SS 88 with one of My all-time favorites Zeus promoting No Holds Barred!

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 13_sum10

SUMMERSLAM 1990: Oh boy, things are starting to change in the WWF, you can feel it! Jesse the Body is gone from the WWF just weeks prior and Piper takes his place! Sgt. Slaughter returns on the Brother Love show as a heel! Demolition now has three members and meets the Road Warriors from WCW the hard way though this was unfortunately the beginning of the end for Demolition Rolling Eyes  Kerry Von Erich wins the IC title! Wow, what an angle with Dusty & Sapphire and Macho King & Sherri and that swerve with the Million Dollar man! A first ever double main event with Hogan & the Warrior! This is one of My favorite SummerSlams of all and IMO is one of the best WWF/WWE events of all-time!

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 3_summ10

SUMMERSLAM 91: This one was ok, I loved the match with the Dragon and the build for the matches made in hell & heaven were so classic! Amazing how Sid's first WWF PPV appearance was a special guest ref!

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 3_summ11

SUMMERSLAM 92: My favorite SummerSlam of all! I remember getting the WWF magazine at the time I believe it was either the May, June or July edition and on the back cover of it was Macho man vs. the Warrior (same pic as on the promo event pic) and on TV during WWF programming there was no word about this till later. I showed that to My Grandpa and he couldn't believe it, he's like how and why? It was a mystery as to how this was possible for a while till it developed on TV on Superstars & Prime Time Wrestling. The event was in England! Kamala returned, Repo Man (Smash of Demolition) fought Crush! Nailz destroyed Virgil! Oh yeah, the heel vs. heel match as HBK Shawn Michaels fought "The Model" Rick Martel...I thought this was such a great match and Sherri played her part so well! Oh yeah, the beginning of the Ultimate Maniacs!  For the first time ever the IC title is the main event on PPV with the Hitman and the Bulldog!

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 3_summ12

SUMMERSLAM 93: This was such a different one. I loved the Jerry Lawler/Doink/Bret Hart stuff. Bittersweet about the Giant Gonzalez Rolling Eyes  Ludvig Borga's debut! All of the huge build up for Lex Luger and he wins by count-out Rolling Eyes

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 4_summ10

SUMMERSLAM 94: This is one of the most underrated of them all. Who sold out? Tatanka or Luger? Wow the match with Razor & Diesel! Alundra! Owen & Bret in the cage and the Bulldog returns! Oh wow I rememeber talkin' to on eof My friends who was into wrestling, I was telling him that there is going to be a match with 2 Undertakers! he was like what?  Are you serious? How is that possible and I was telling believe Me, its gonna happen! The huge build up between The Undertaker vs. The Underfaker (Brian Lee)! The case is CLOSED! This was one of the most successful builds of any feud ever of all-time IMO!    

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 4_summ11

SUMMERSLAM 95: This is one of My most favorite SummerSlams of all. I loved how everything was in 95, I know what people say about how bad it was and all of the stuff but I so beg the differ, IMO it was the best year ever in wrestling and the last of classic old style...I loved the way the WWF looked and the how the roster was...WCW too...just My fave! Skip and Sunny, she was so hot then! Gosh, can you believe Barry Horowitz got an actual PPV match? Undertaker & Kama! The 1-2-3 Kid and Hakushi! The Bul Twins! Issac Yankem DDS' debut...gosh I loved that build up! One of Alundra's last matches ever in the WWF and second last on PPV! Everybody always talks about the first ladder match @ WM X but really this rematch with HBK & Razor Ramon one one of the most underrated matches and is My fave of the two! Diesel legitimately gets hurt by King Mable...I loved King Mable, what a great time! WOW, Lex Luger's interference in this match was his last appearance ever in the WWF...the next week his was on WCW Nitro returning to the company and confronting Hulk Hogan!

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 6_summ10

SUMMERSLAM 96: WWF was still in the New Generation phase while WCW was truly beginning the attitude era! I loved the earlier stuff in 96 but by this point the Warrior's return was over and certain aspects were looking bleak. This one has always been kinda up in the air for Me. The free for all sucked for Yokozuna Sad  The New Rockers and how about Sunny! Awesome match between the Undertaker & Mankind in the boiler room but it was quite shocking that Paul Bearer betrayed the taker and damn Vader lost... I absolutely hated that Mad  

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments! 8_summ10

There's My quick thoughts about classic SummerSlams! I didn't count any more because things were changing so much in wrestling after 96 and doesn't fit in with the classic stuff IMO and because of time. I hope you like this, your thoughts:) Question

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: SummerSlam Moments!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: