ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Empty
PostSubject: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 6:46 pm

Hi all ,  I am basing this figure on a photo of  " Chuck Mawhinney  "  .

Chuck was already a competent hunter before he Joined the Marine Corps in 1967 . He attended Scout Sniper School , and was sent to South Vietnam , where he was assigned to a rifle company for three months until he was assigned to a Scout Sniper platoon , from there he worked for different companies , and also the South Korean Marines and the Marine Force Recon . But most of his time was with Delta Company . He made 103 confirmed kills in NAM , but it was likely many more . In one sitting he encountered a platoon of NVA , where he achieved 16 head shots . Except for a paymaster he hit at 900 yards , everyone he took out had a weapon , he told the Los Angelis Times .
    It`s early Days , but when I first found photos of Chuck , he was in Duck pattern fatigues , and what I thought was a Duck pattern Boonie . So I brought a Digital pattern Boonie and went about converting it to a Duck pattern type , with Acrylic paints and pens , as I don`t believe these exist in 1/6th ?  Going back to Chucks photos and with closer inspection , I think he is actually wearing an ERDL Boonie . affraid Embarassed Rolling Eyes  But I am going to roll with it now anyways . I will keep you posted as I build up on Chuck .

BEFORE

Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Before-P1110203

AFTER

Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  After-P1110390

Last edited by Chip on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 7:43 am

Great looking figure Chip and great bio too! Looking forward to seeing more of this guy!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 8:06 am

Nice Chip! I like what you did with the uniform.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 11:29 pm

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 1:56 am

Really well put together, Chip.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 2:03 am

Awesome work Chip! You knocked it out of the park!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 2:50 am

I never cease to be MAJORLY impressed by your incredible attention to every tiny detail and your efforts to maintain authenticity in every aspect of these most impressive creations.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 8:07 am

Fantastic new pics Chip of one of my many faves from your collection! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Thank you ALL so much for the kind comments , they are most uplifting . bounce

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished    Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chuck Mawhinney NAM Sniper Finished
Page 1 of 1